News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

I haven't seen anything...So we don't know....which is what I said, "I guess the interior part has to be a little further along". but aside from the exterior panels there would have to be some finish work to the rest of the structure I would think... the ceilings and interior edges and sides of even the covered areas... This picture appears to show openings into the building on the left side behind the columns. No doors or frames yet and looks like unfinished space...mind you I said "looks like" but with Florida humidity and daily summer rain, it is doubtful they would begin drywall and finishing without having doors in place...
1691425321409.png

Communicore Hall Aug 5 closeup.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I haven't seen anything...So we don't know....which is what I said, "I guess the interior part has to be a little further along". but aside from the exterior panels there would have to be some finish work to the rest of the structure I would think... the ceilings and interior edges and sides of even the covered areas... This picture appears to show openings into the building on the left side behind the columns. No doors or frames yet and looks like unfinished space...mind you I said "looks like" but with Florida humidity and daily summer rain, it is doubtful they would begin drywall and finishing without having doors in place...
View attachment 735986

View attachment 735987
I won't expect it to all be said and done come next spring 2024 on how they are dragging their feet with it..

Last edited:

Fear

The Walt Disney World Ambassadors have shared a first look at new mural artwork coming to the exterior of CommuniCore Hall - the photos were taken during an EPCOT cast sneak peek today.

View attachment 737724View attachment 737725View attachment 737726

This is confirmed to be on the exterior of Communicore Hall?

If so then given:

A) This mural will be on the exterior of the building and
B) The mural will be viewable for the Disney100 celebration on September 22nd

We can draw at least some conclusions as to what they are aiming for internally in terms of a "walls down" date.

Cmdr_Crimson

Bocabear

So they are standing in front of a huge printed vinyl banner? I guess it will be pasted to a wall at some point? Wow, Marketing really has nothing to work with... Cant wait for the preview of the toilets that will be installed in a few months...lol
that said, it is colorful...Colorful is nice I guess...but not sure where or how it will work on the building. This press release would have been great with a piece of concept art showing where it would be on the building...So we can actually understand it...

Haymarket2008

I don’t understand why they didn’t replace the pavement outside the World Nature bathrooms while they were behind walls during refurbishment. The approach to the repaving in Future World has been very odd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom