News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I believe there was a festival stand located there before they recently cleared the land, so there’s probably some sort of infrastructure already in place for that sort of thing
Isn’t that where a kid play area was? There wasn’t much there unless my memory is blocked because I was seeing the oil rigs on WSL from that area and they were so visually jarring.

Adding a building there would be a mistake for traffic flow. IMHO.

HauntedMansionFLA

Isn’t that where a kid play area was? There wasn’t much there unless my memory is blocked because I was seeing the oil rigs on WSL from that area and they were so visually jarring.

Adding a building there would be a mistake for traffic flow. IMHO.
Figment meet and greet area?? They have gone quiet on that announcement.

Fear

"Be sure to check out the all-new mural at the heart of World Celebration to see how many of the 100 Disney characters you can find in the incredible scene. This expansive mural located along the walkway to World Showcase will feature some of your favorite characters hidden throughout the various neighborhoods of EPCOT. "

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing where this is going. Thoughts?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Be sure to check out the all-new mural at the heart of World Celebration to see how many of the 100 Disney characters you can find in the incredible scene. This expansive mural located along the walkway to World Showcase will feature some of your favorite characters hidden throughout the various neighborhoods of EPCOT. "

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing where this is going. Thoughts?
I suppose they could put up a wall somewhere.

James Alucobond

“Heart of World Celebration” and “along the walkway to World Showcase” seem to be a bit at odds with one another. If I had to guess, I might say it’s going where the Scentsy Blossoms of Fragrance displays were during Flower and Garden? On the other hand, if the central gardens are actually open by the time the celebration begins, suitable spots might be either along the walkway behind Journey of Water or on the back of the elevated platform for Dreamers Point, right after you exit Project Tomorrow.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
What's going into the area in the triangle between the Imagination Pavillion, bathrooms closer to refreshment port, and walkway? In the recent past it's been a playground but it's walled off again and land is being cleared. Circled red below
Screenshot_20230717_122908_Disney World~2.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Hmm…
Haven’t they actually announced the opening will be Sept 22nd? In this announcement:

Quote:

“EPCOT will be the center of the Disney100 celebration at Walt Disney World, and towards the end of the year will include the unveiling of the new World Celebration, Journey of Water - Inspired by Moana, and the launch of an all-new firework spectacular”.

tparris

Haven’t they actually announced the opening will be Sept 22nd? In this announcement:

Quote:

“EPCOT will be the center of the Disney100 celebration at Walt Disney World, and towards the end of the year will include the unveiling of the new World Celebration, Journey of Water - Inspired by Moana, and the launch of an all-new firework spectacular”.
They announced that the Disney 100 celebration will begin at EPCOT on September 22nd, but they never explicitly gave any opening dates for any of the new stuff

Bocabear

no possible way to wrap these projects by that date...less than 60 days away.... and then the landscaping will need some time to settle before they remove the walls... Communicore Hall is still very unfinished and will need to be complete before they open the space... December seems more on target...or January....

Fear

This confirms that the "September 22nd" Food and Wine booths are not integrated into World Celebration (it was theorized that some booths would be situated on the south arm of Communicore Plaza, hinting to an opening date)

Additionally, the previous Starbucks location looks to be the site of "Swirled Showcase"

EpcotMark

no possible way to wrap these projects by that date...less than 60 days away.... and then the landscaping will need some time to settle before they remove the walls... Communicore Hall is still very unfinished and will need to be complete before they open the space... December seems more on target...or January....
I miss the old Communicore. And they should have put in the people mover at the upper level of the exterior hallways like it was designed to be in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom