News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

S2iAM

It looks great. Will look even better in about a year when the plants grow in a little more. I'm also super excited about the new partners statue and gardens behind Spaceshipe Earth !!!!!!!

Andrew25

So all set and done, after Epcot's "transformation" the park will have gained... 1 new ride.
I haven't seen a budget bungled this bad in a longgg time

While all WDW parks need additional ride capacity... what Epcot actually needs more is an overhaul of existing attraction systems. A good chunk of attractions/venues like Figment, Pixar Film Festival, Awesome Planet, and Mission Space, are severely underutilized and are unpopular. A replacement/retheme in those areas are ideal before they start to add more rides.

James Alucobond

While all WDW parks need additional ride capacity... what Epcot actually needs more is an overhaul of existing attraction systems. A good chunk of attractions/venues like Figment, Pixar Film Festival, Awesome Planet, and Mission Space, are severely underutilized and are unpopular. A replacement/retheme in those areas are ideal before they start to add more rides.
I agree with this in Future World, obviously adding Wonders of Life to the list, and I suppose that's the focus of this topic. But World Showcase has also really needed additional attractions for a while as well. Poppins in UK would have been a good complement to Ratatouille, but the Germany-Italy-Japan-Morocco expanse flanking American Adventure really needs a ride or two as well for balance.

OvertheHorizon

Epcot needs so much help (and I say that even as Epcot is my favorite park). Among priorities I would suggest:

1) Update Spaceship Earth.
2) Build the promised Mary Poppins attraction.
3) Reimagine Journey into Imagination.
4) Add at least two more country pavilions to World Showcase.
5) Add attractions in the space already available at the Germany and Japan pavilions.
6) Find a way to more fully utilize the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

Horizonsfan

With regards to Awesome Planet, I think it’s in a wrongly sized space. That and a lack of marketing really do it a disservice.

I’ve never understood why they don’t split the Awesome Planet theater in half. Disney could keep a smaller theater on the upper level and convert the lower level into additional seating area or expanded LWTL show space. Or they could shift the theater access to the lower level and introduce a new, exhibit, store, or fine dining experience on the upper level.

gorillaball

Epcot needs so much help (and I say that even as Epcot is my favorite park). Among priorities I would suggest:

1) Update Spaceship Earth.
2) Build the promised Mary Poppins attraction.
3) Reimagine Journey into Imagination.
4) Add at least two more country pavilions to World Showcase.
5) Add attractions in the space already available at the Germany and Japan pavilions.
6) Find a way to more fully utilize the former Wonders of Life pavilion.
I'm going to slightly re-order (just personal preference)
3 - it's embarrassing
6 - it's a waste of space
2 - would be a nice add to balance some attraction location and kid focused
4 - more of a "want"
5 - similar to 6 but whereas I think 6 is really needed now with a prime attraction right next to it
1 - it does need an update, but it not a waste of space or embarrassing right now, also at the end of the update it wouldn't "add" anything

Epcot82Guy

Is it true that Epcot only took two years to build the entirety of? If so that’s stunning to hear that this took so long.
Epcot officially broke ground on October 1, 1979 and officially opened October 1, 1982. Most of the opening day attractions (save for Horizons and JII) were open by the end of the year. (Imag opened March of 83, and Horizons opened October of 83.)

If memory serves, walls started going up in October 2019. So, if you take 2 years out for major COVID restrictions they will have redone the center in the same time it took to build the entire opening day park.

Even adding in Cosmic, Remy and JoW, they will have effectively built those 3 plus the center in that amount of time.

By comparison, 1979-82 built:
-SSE, Energy, WoM, The Land (4 large slow-moving attractions with 3 theater attractions. Then 2 large slow moving attractions plus an additional theater attraction within a year.)
-CommuniCore East and West with Stargate Restaurant, Centorium Shop and another cafe (forgetting the name) plus the Fountain of Nations
-All of World Showcase, minus Norway and Morocco (1 boat ride, an animatronic theater show and 3 theater shows
-a smaller nighttime show started in Late October, replaced by a bigger show in later 83.

HauntedMansionFLA

At least rotate Captain EO and Honey I Shrunk in and out

That's an..........interesting shape of the central planter (?)

Once you see it....You can't unsee it.

raymond.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom