News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Finish landscaping and ground cover are being added in this area now, suggesting walls may push back soon.
landscape_finishing.png

UNCgolf

Seems like a stretch to call that "themed".

There's nothing wrong with them, but it's just some faux wood with lights. I'm not sure what the theme is supposed to be (and I'm not sure how you'd theme light fixtures in the former Future World anyways; they're not really supposed to evoke any specific time or place).

Last edited:

Twirlnhurl

Im sure this has been mentioned but what exactly is the purpose of these? Nightly dance party? Private events?
I would imagine that some of the programming that used to occur in the temporary stage at that location would remain. I know they used to have high school band performances there. But I could also see some of the programming in the American Gardens Theater moving here... The festival concert series, Candlelight Processional, etc.

GladToBeHear

I would imagine that some of the programming that used to occur in the temporary stage at that location would remain. I know they used to have high school band performances there. But I could also see some of the programming in the American Gardens Theater moving here... The festival concert series, Candlelight Processional, etc.
Same. It's flexible space. You need a flexible set-up. With flexible lighting.

Horizonsfan

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the headliner concerts. Those are meant to be a pull to get you to the far side of WS. There’s also the lack of seating or delineated premier viewing, so that would be a revenue loss for the concert series.

HS bands, cover bands, djs, and stuff like “joyful” are more in line with this size space.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the headliner concerts. Those are meant to be a pull to get you to the far side of WS. There’s also the lack of seating or delineated premier viewing, so that would be a revenue loss for the concert series.

HS bands, cover bands, djs, and stuff like “joyful” are more in line with this size space.
I agree. You can’t sell the dining packages for Candlelight and name bands in this space.

Twirlnhurl

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the headliner concerts. Those are meant to be a pull to get you to the far side of WS. There’s also the lack of seating or delineated premier viewing... HS bands, cover bands, djs, and stuff like “joyful” are more in line with this size space.
I was sure that this venue was a similar size to the American Gardens Theater, but I just checked the construction photos and you are right. It is a much smaller venue.

Are we sure there will be no fixed seating?

HauntedMansionFLA

I was sure that this venue was a similar size to the American Gardens Theater, but I just checked the construction photos and you are right. It is a much smaller venue.

Are we sure there will be no fixed seating?
No one has said yes or no to the seating situation. I used I assumed families sit ting on the ground together but it would he hard for some people to get up and down. Fixed seating would help sell the place better.

tparris

looks like they are installling wiring/plumbing and possibly a food/merch stand location?
I believe there was a festival stand located there before they recently cleared the land, so there’s probably some sort of infrastructure already in place for that sort of thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom