News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ToTBellHop

I know a lot of people disagree with how I feel about Inside Out, but I was glad when Bing Bong disappeared, I did not cry at any point in the movie, and was bored through most of it. Again, just my opinion. :)
Personally, I didn't love EVERYTHING about Inside Out, but the premise of the film and its focus on how the mind works would actually allow for a very effective Future World ride. I wouldn't want it to be a book report on the film, but utilizing those characters to enter the world of imagination would actually be, in my opinion, quite compelling.

Figgie could still be there, too.

FigmentJedi

Personally, I didn't love EVERYTHING about Inside Out, but the premise of the film and its focus on how the mind works would actually allow for a very effective Future World ride. I wouldn't want it to be a book report on the film, but utilizing those characters to enter the world of imagination would actually be, in my opinion, quite compelling.

As a lame cameo that's taking a backseat to movie characters just like Under New Management or Jack Sparrow Pirates

FigmentPigments

I agree, I thought the premise was a great starting point, but I think this may be better suited to replacing Cranium Command. They didn't spend a lot of time in Imagination Land as I remember. I was always a little thrown off that there were only five emotions, with 4 of them having negative connotations.

MaryJaneP

All of the ideas discussed are wonderful. We think it is unlikely that anything will be done. The primary description that applies to Epcot, and WDW as a whole, we think, is lazy. Rather than innovate, it is much easier to regurgitate, especially on things like Frozen, "new" Soarin theater, Nemo, TT, etc. etc. Highest ROI, to them, seems to mean lowest I. New doesn't have to mean incorporation of pre-existing IP, although TDO would vigorously disagree.

FigmentJedi

I agree, I thought the premise was a great starting point, but I think this may be better suited to replacing Cranium Command. They didn't spend a lot of time in Imagination Land as I remember. I was always a little thrown off that there were only five emotions, with 4 of them having negative connotations.
And what little time was spent in Imagination Land, it basically amounted to the place where childhood pretend games live like "The Floor is Lava" or the more teenage urge driven Imaginary Boyfriend Generator. Just as shallow a depiction of the imagination as the lame five senses stuff in the current ride.

ToTBellHop

Figment "teaming up" with the emotions of Inside Out? Good god, I hope not.
What if Figment was guiding us through five different large-scale environments themed to the emotions?

Actually could be a fun concept and a nice lesson for kids about emotions.

And no, I'm not suggesting this is a concept being developed. I don't actually know as I'm not convinced the JII refurb has been fully-committed to.

Phicinfan

What if Figment was guiding us through five different large-scale environments themed to the emotions?

And no, I'm not suggesting this is a concept being developed. I don't actually know as I'm not convinced the JII refurb has been fully-committed to.
Actually, that does sound fun, with the starting direction of this is YOUR imagination, and this is how YOUR mind could be working, then introduce each phase with those characters. That would be hilarious, especially if Figment was being Figment and getting into it with those characters.....Anger section would be an absolute blast!(literal and figurative...;) )

ToTBellHop

Actually, that does sound fun, with the starting direction of this is YOUR imagination, and this is how YOUR mind could be working, then introduce each phase with those characters. That would be hilarious, especially if Figment was being Figment and getting into it with those characters.....Anger section would be an absolute blast!(literal and figurative...;) )
Indeed. But complete armchair imagineering.

I can just envision a fabulous ride like that and it would fit in the JII show building. Maybe even an LPS ride system.

What I don't see is the $250,000,000 required to build it. Maybe one day?

dizneycrazy09

How is JII not first on EVERYONE's list in the company? It hasn't been relevant in, what, over a decade now? I would love to know how many people ride it daily.

clemmo

How is JII not first on EVERYONE's list in the company? It hasn't been relevant in, what, over a decade now? I would love to know how many people ride it daily.
Completely agree. I personally enjoy Ellen's more than figment just due to the dinosaur animatronics. I really hope something is in the works for imagination or else attendance will drop below its current constant walk on wait times

Ransom

I know a lot of people disagree with how I feel about Inside Out, but I was glad when Bing Bong disappeared, I did not cry at any point in the movie, and was bored through most of it. Again, just my opinion. :)

"Attention, Mouseketeer! A dangerous lack of enthusiasm for a Disney movie has been detected. Please report to the nearest re-education center for a refreshing mental cleanse. Thank you!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom