News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Mike S

I will shed no tears for Epcot's death. I'm pretty sure the 'theme' of Epcot was that of a former park's graveyard.

Landscaping-186.jpg

EPCOT >> Epcot ?< Ipcot (or IOAcot I would also accept).
Lol, so true. That model works for them though. Disney used to be better than that...

ThemeParkJunkee

It is sad that the Epcot I first saw in 2000 no longer exists and will never again. I hope that they have a better vision for the future of this park than "Ipcot". I am getting to the point where I am willing to "settle" for anything new at this point. It was once my favorite park. Now it is the park I "hop" to for dinner and a few rides. "Settling" does not sit with me well. It is what it is.

doctornick

A few months ago, I remember a seemingly credible rumor somewhere on these pages that the main IPs being looked at for Future World were GotG, Tron and Inside/Out. Today, insiders have seemed to dismiss Tron as being in consideration. GotG seemingly has been confirmed. So... that makes me wonder if Inside Out is going to be the main concept behind the Innoventions redo or if it is being considered for a new update for WoL since those seem to be the main things on the table.

cjkeating

According to Disney's site about this it was discontinued in 2007, so 2027, but they can move them any time.

Could the word 'installed' be interpreted as the date the stones were installed versus the individual picture? I know it is probably referring to the picture but I am sure they could get away with it, or like you say, just move them somewhere, like into the car park!

aladdin2007

A few months ago, I remember a seemingly credible rumor somewhere on these pages that the main IPs being looked at for Future World were GotG, Tron and Inside/Out. Today, insiders have seemed to dismiss Tron as being in consideration. GotG seemingly has been confirmed. So... that makes me wonder if Inside Out is going to be the main concept behind the Innoventions redo or if it is being considered for a new update for WoL since those seem to be the main things on the table.

I would think it would be more along the lines of Imagination Inside Out.

dizneycrazy09

I would love some type of mash-up HUGE overhaul of Imagination with Figment and the Inside Out characters. I think it could be really neat.

po1998

I know most would say "I'm settling for anything", but I would gladly take some new attractions(IP or not) that don't fit theme 100% perfectly, instead of Epcot being a place that costs $100 to gain admission to a eating and drinking festival. What a joke this park has become.

gmajew

Epcot feels disjointed and at this point it seems Disney has no interest in fixing that. Instead they've decided that it's easier to just put in attractions that are easier sells for their marketing department. They really should rename the park IPCOT. Just own it.

Yeah it is sad but this park would not be hard to fix and make exciting again if they wanted to stay true to what it was...... But I think the writing been on the wall for a long time the park was going to head in another direction...

RSoxNo1

Yeah it is sad but this park would not be hard to fix and make exciting again if they wanted to stay true to what it was...... But I think the writing been on the wall for a long time the park was going to head in another direction...
The Energy Pavilion is a tough theme to figure out. As is the Wonders of Life pavilion. I think other fixes for this park are a bit more logical. Things like bringing back Figment and Dreamfinder in an epic LPS ride makes a ton of sense.

The park can be fixed piecemeal if a logical theme is clearly defined. By all accounts though, it doesn't seem like that's the approach they're taking.

gmajew

The Energy Pavilion is a tough theme to figure out. As is the Wonders of Life pavilion. I think other fixes for this park are a bit more logical. Things like bringing back Figment and Dreamfinder in an epic LPS ride makes a ton of sense.

The park can be fixed piecemeal if a logical theme is clearly defined. By all accounts though, it doesn't seem like that's the approach they're taking.

Yeah I personally don't think you need to go back to the well for figment and dream finder and can still do some awesome new things at imagination. Energy is a tough one but it can still be a message about energy and maybe even how we can not waste it and be a little bit more green to the planet.... Would be a simple ride really but messaging is the key... that is what was so great about the old epcot was the messaging the rides gave that actually made you think.

chiefs11

Frozen just took over an entire pavilion...and it ain't an E ticket attraction.
I'm pretty sure you are joking, right? Of course you realize the difference here.

I always figured the IP they would force into the energy pavilion would be Monsters, Inc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom