News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

andysol

Thrill ride E-ticket? Family E-ticket? Solid D? Have you heard?

I can answer that!
Right now, it's an E. Then when we see more plans and the concept art, we'll say D. Then when more plans are released with newer concept art and the rumor of budget cuts, it will be a C. Then when it opens it will be better or worse than expected.
Sound about right?

clemmo

So let's recap.

• Energy is getting a GotG overhaul, it has been green lit.
  • Wonders might get a GotG phase 2, not yet green lit..
  • Communicore (outside of mouse gear and starbucks, possibly club cool) will be updated/overhauled, green lit.
  • Mission Space will get a refurb/update, green lit.
  • There are plans for Imagination, but not green lit.
  • Land will remain as is
  • Seas will remain as is
  • Test Track will remain as is
  • Space Ship Earth will remain as is
Please correct me if I got any of this wrong.
What was green lit for communicore?

ToTBellHop

I can answer that!
Right now, it's an E. Then when we see more plans and the concept art, we'll say D. Then when more plans are released with newer concept art and the rumor of budget cuts, it will be a B or C. Then when it opens it will be better or worse than expected.
Sound about right?
A FW pavilion without an E is unacceptable. By the way, I consider the whole of Seabase (Alpha) to be an E.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can answer that!
Right now, it's an E. Then when we see more plans and the concept art, we'll say D. Then when more plans are released with newer concept art and the rumor of budget cuts, it will be a C. Then when it opens it will be better or worse than expected.
Sound about right?

I would hope anything that will be taking over an entire pavilion would classify as an E ticket... I'd lean more towards a thrill ride based on the subject matter, but who knows... could be good either way.

Oh it's definitely an ”E”.

andysol

Another site (Which shall remain nameless) just brought up the rumor The Guardians would go to Mission: Space since they couldn't fit in ToT theme for DHS...
gif-read.gif

Not. True.

DinoInstitute

To me it seems they met backlash at overlaying ToT with GotG so now they are just going to place it in an inappropriate area/pavillion/land but removing an unpopular attraction instead?
Honestly, while this probably is better than what would have been losing ToT, I'm still really heartbroken that (at least based on the knowledge I have) that we are losing this park.

Hey, Disney, if you really want to use GotG, I don't think anyone would complain if you replace Stitch's Great Escape instead :p

odmichael

I'm kind of processing the fact that we have a Pixar Short Film festival attraction that has a large theater that could be used for a productive 4-D attraction and a completely unused pavilion and they would rather tear down and replace another ride...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom