News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think most Disney fans are more loyal then people think. They might not like some of what is currently happening, and be vocal about it, but ultimately will still go to the parks, see the movies and buy the merch.
The loyal crowd was built in the older generations…that was the point being made.

There’s no guarantee that continues.

Anteater

I think most Disney fans are more loyal then people think. They might not like some of what is currently happening, and be vocal about it, but ultimately will still go to the parks, see the movies and buy the merch.
Don't know about the majority. But, we'll be visiting Florida in September with no visit to WDW. I don't think we've been to Fla without visiting the Mouse for over a quarter century. We're quitting cold-turkey. We've skipped the last few releases from Disney and Pixar (kids saw the last two MCU movies though). Between the price hikes, destruction of epcot, and the culture wars, we're done -- at least for a while. I hope they change direction. But, I have my doubts.

kalel8145

Don't know about the majority. But, we'll be visiting Florida in September with no visit to WDW. I don't think we've been to Fla without visiting the Mouse for over a quarter century. We're quitting cold-turkey. We've skipped the last few releases from Disney and Pixar (kids saw the last two MCU movies though). Between the price hikes, destruction of epcot, and the culture wars, we're done -- at least for a while. I hope they change direction. But, I have my doubts.
That's cool. I think that is the minority that are "quitting" Disney.

kalel8145

Right…I agree to a point.

What’s different in the relative decline in means/money and Disney’s increase in cost.

Nobody really thinks of it on a macro level.
I don't think most people look at Disney at a macro level, just us on these types of forums. People save, people go, people but merch and people come home and have fond memories of their trip with their kids.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think most people look at Disney at a macro level, just us on these types of forums. People save, people go, people but merch and people come home and have fond memories of their trip with their kids.
No what I mean is that from an average wealth perspective it looks like the Boomers are the highest earners…each successive generation is on the decline relatively speaking.

So while many hear talk of “luxury” in Disney…they aren’t actually putting the ingredients in that would make that even remotely possible.

We’re also on an overcharged 15 run without recession…which many believe that problem has been “solved”…when really it has been ignored/manipulated. Skewing if there even is a “bottom” anymore.

kalel8145

No what I mean is that from an average wealth perspective it looks like the Boomers are the highest earners…each successive generation is on the decline relatively speaking.

So while many hear talk of “luxury” in Disney…they aren’t actually putting the ingredients in that would make that even remotely possible.

We’re also on an overcharged 15 run without recession…which many believe that problem has been “solved”…when really it has been ignored/manipulated. Skewing if there even is a “bottom” anymore.
I get what you are saying. Most people aren't looking at it that way. My point is that most people will book and go to Disney regardless. Even if it means debt. I think Disney's fanbase will come out anyway.

Phicinfan

I get what you are saying. Most people aren't looking at it that way. My point is that most people will book and go to Disney regardless. Even if it means debt. I think Disney's fanbase will come out anyway.
I also agree with this, to a point. I do think this is what is feeding some of the major frustration at this site and with other HUGE Disney fans, that no matter how slow Disney is to add or how little they really add - they know fans will keep coming in droves.

But...
I do think they are close to that cliff, where the cost just is too high, and the supply of new is not enough to jump that cliff.

Bocabear

I have been a Disney fan since my first childhood trip in 1971... I could not even begin to count how many times I have been to WDW... Seriously... I was an annual pass buyer, member of D23 since it's inception. We are also DVC members, Tables In Wonderland...etc.
It began a few years back with the new Fastpass Plus system, then the Covid reservation systems ramped it up, but it is just not that much fin anymore....with all the planning and constant time-watching and reservations for everything but restroom breaks...It has taken the spontaneity out of our trips and made them generally less fun. Quality of attractions has dropped, With many shuttered attractions, badly replaced attractions and crowd levels that are ridiculous, We are just not feeling it anymore... I see them ruining their own brand by watering it down... Doing very Un-Disney things... Dumbing down the theming throughout the parks and resorts...It is discouraging.
We have a trip planned in June as we have for decades....then I think it is time to take a prolonged break. Maybe use our DVC points at Aulani...or sell them off completely... not sure right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I also agree with this, to a point. I do think this is what is feeding some of the major frustration at this site and with other HUGE Disney fans, that no matter how slow Disney is to add or how little they really add - they know fans will keep coming in droves.

But...
I do think they are close to that cliff, where the cost just is too high, and the supply of new is not enough to jump that cliff.
What the hell is going on today?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom