News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

UNCgolf

To my eye and matching things up with what's currently built, the "dead-end" path to the south is what leads to the tiny stairwell. The larger building to the north is what I think will be the above-ground structure for what looks like the pump room for the attraction.

Yeah, I think you're exactly right. I wasn't thinking about the need for a pump house for the Moana thing.

James Alucobond

Better angle of the stairwell and pump building:

Thanks!

Just to zoom in on what I'm talking about for clarity, the blue circle shows the current below-grade portion of what I assume will be the pump / systems facility, and the yellow circle is the utilidor access at the terminus of the dead-end path in the site plan.
jow_site.png

Epcot82Guy

I wonder if it's an access point to the under-SSE utilidoor. Though why they felt the need to put it on the map is a bit baffling if that's the case.

doctornick

View attachment 637647
Communicore Plaza will just be the three-walled area behind the covered stage area facing towards the Canada pavilion. I believe the general central area with the centerpiece EPCOT logo will be called the 'Epcot Gardens'

I'm still a little confused about the stage: does the stage face "out" towards Imagination and thus people watching performances will be in Communicore Plaza. Or does the stage face "in" towards the hub. the concept art with SSE in the background seems to suggest that the stage faces inwards towards the hub but if so them I'm unsure what is the intent of Communicore Plaza

trainplane3

I'm still a little confused about the stage: does the stage face "out" towards Imagination and thus people watching performances will be in Communicore Plaza. Or does the stage face "in" towards the hub. the concept art with SSE in the background seems to suggest that the stage faces inwards towards the hub but if so them I'm unsure what is the intent of Communicore Plaza
It's flex space. The stage can be either way.

kevlightyear

It's flex space. The stage can be either way.

I think there's actually two distinct stages. The big main one faces away from SSE, and the smaller one faces the gardens. Zach mentioned it in his insta post, "Here is a glimpse of the smaller of two stages that has the ability to host performances for guests on multiple sides, activating the adjacent gardens with dedicated areas to sit and relax."
More details from Zach -

James Alucobond

Yeah, from the fraction we can see in the art, it looks to me to be semicircular, with performers’ backs to Communicore Hall. This should allow them to play fairly equally to the northeast, southeast, and southwest, staging as appropriate based on the event.
Quoting myself because, in looking more closely at the plan, I think what I wrote here is wrong and was just me visually misinterpreting things due to the perspective of the artwork. Sorry about that.

Basically, I now think the stage is completely in-the-round, perhaps with a smaller, more defined tiered area that faces northeast. Circled below looks to be the dithered footprint of the stage underneath the open-air shelter. The arrows indicate where guests can circulate to the left and right of the stage when moving from the EPCOT gardens into the Communicore Plaza.
communicore-stage.png

SCOTLORR

Quoting myself because, in looking more closely at the plan, I think what I wrote here is wrong and was just me visually misinterpreting things due to the perspective of the artwork. Sorry about that.

Basically, I now think the stage is completely in-the-round, perhaps with a smalled, more defined tiered area that faces northeast. Circled below looks to be the dithered footprint of the stage underneath open-air shelter. The arrows indicate where guests can circulate to the left and right of the stage when moving from the EPCOT gardens into the Communicore Plaza.
View attachment 637733
That makes sense. I kind of like it better that way with both sides open for guest movement

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom