News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

kalel8145

While I don't mind the look, I get those saying it looks like they tore down a building and built one that looks the same. I'm in construction and we suggest value engineering to clients all the time. Use this here instead of spending on something new, or just re-purpose this and save here, things like that. Legit question: Is this something the construction company could have advised Disney on, or does it not work that way with Disney?

peter11435

While I don't mind the look, I get those saying it looks like they tore down a building and built one that looks the same. I'm in construction and we suggest value engineering to clients all the time. Use this here instead of spending on something new, or just re-purpose this and save here, things like that. Legit question: Is this something the construction company could have advised Disney on, or does it not work that way with Disney?
When the building was demolished the plan for what was going to replace it was very different than it is now.

Incomudro

It’s so sad Disney has lowered their standards to the point this new design makes me happy. This is an improvement but INNOVENTIONS West should have just been repurposed

I am happy we have this 2.0 design. Happy to see the central garden and semetry preserved somewhat. If this garden area looks just as good as the refreshed front gate area (and the night experience is just as good ) I will be try and be pleased with the final product.

Maybe - in some half baked way they heard us favs and responded with this alternative central spine design. MAYBE we could finally have Disney listen and update FIGMENT ( maybe - if they just had one little spark of inspiration )
I like this design much more than the table design.
This is one instance where I'm happy to see something cut.
I do enjoy prodding some of the naysayers here, but I genuinely like what they are showing us.

DCBaker

Premium Member
7C83EF74-880C-4C7F-9BEE-81B5592539AB.jpeg

vikescaper

Random question……is the entire central area called Dreamer’s Point or does it have another name? I apologize if this has been asked already.

Animaniac93-98

The Magic Kingdom theme can fit literally any piece of fiction under its umbrella.

But then It also has a historical attraction called the Hall of Presidents. Perhaps the magic is in the resurrections of the old bosses?

I'd say time travel is (or at least was) a much stronger connective theme that gave Magic Kingdom its overall "magic". The borrowed plaque from Disneyland kind of sums it up ("Here you leave the world of today and enter the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"). It's a place to explore other worlds and times, including romanticized versions of the past.

Epcot82Guy

I think when you travel back in time, one should visit EPCOT Center from any point starting after April 1983 until December 1989.
So much better then the present, which I'd love to see become the past in the future.
🙂

-

Agreed. Though I truly mourn the version of Epcot that could be coming if it had drawn TRUE inspiration from 1989 Epcot with today's ideas, technologies and - yes - even characters. I know some think that's what we're getting, but I would strongly disagree...

SCOTLORR

isn't the entire central area going to be called Communicore Plaza now for the most part?
1652098730946.png

Communicore Plaza will just be the three-walled area behind the covered stage area facing towards the Canada pavilion. I believe the general central area with the centerpiece EPCOT logo will be called the 'Epcot Gardens'

UNCgolf

Hunh. What is that building? And why does it have a path to a dead end? Is that a smoking area for CMs?

View attachment 637648

I asked that earlier and someone pointed out it was the stairwell, but it has to be more than that -- too large a building to simply be a stairwell entrance.

There's probably storage or supplies or maybe a break room in there, though, if it's all backstage.

James Alucobond

I asked that earlier and someone pointed out it was the stairwell, but it has to be more than that -- too large a building to simply be a stairwell entrance.

There's probably storage or supplies or maybe a break room in there, though, if it's all backstage.
To my eye and matching things up with what's currently built, the "dead-end" path to the south is what leads to the tiny stairwell. The larger building to the north is what I think will be the above-ground structure for what looks like the pump room for the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom