News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

danlb_2000

A few week ago we had this permit for the old address of Pin Central.
3/10/2020 - Epcot - Interamerica Stage
1400 #A Avenue of the Stars (Pin Central) - Rigging and installation of owner furnished pylons (3)

Today we have this one..
3/26/2020 - Epcot - Cockram Scenario Inc
1400 #A Ave of the Stars (Pin Central) - (3) Water Fountain Light Enclosures

Someone suggested last time that this might be for the fountain at the main entrance, and although the address doesn't line up the descriptions would seem to make sense, and this is one of the few areas we new work would be underway.

DreamfinderGuy

A few week ago we had this permit for the old address of Pin Central.
3/10/2020 - Epcot - Interamerica Stage
1400 #A Avenue of the Stars (Pin Central) - Rigging and installation of owner furnished pylons (3)

Today we have this one..
3/26/2020 - Epcot - Cockram Scenario Inc
1400 #A Ave of the Stars (Pin Central) - (3) Water Fountain Light Enclosures

Someone suggested last time that this might be for the fountain at the main entrance, and although the address doesn't line up the descriptions would seem to make sense, and this is one of the few areas we new work would be underway.
The pylons are definitely for the fountain. Light enclosures would line up too, considering the original pylons had them. Hopefully these will be a little more high tech than the old lighting solution for that fountain.

Movielover

The pylons are definitely for the fountain. Light enclosures would line up too, considering the original pylons had them. Hopefully these will be a little more high tech than the old lighting solution for that fountain.
Honestly that's the element I'm looking forward to the most about this renovation. With the advancement in lighting and audio technology since Epcot's construction I really hope they can add a lot more lighting and sound to the area.

mandstaft

Looking at Westcoaster's recent photos of Tivoli Gardens, all I can say is- I hope the designers of the new Future World take a look at what beauty can be achieved from landscaping. What Tivoli has done is simply stunning!

Last edited:

Josh Hendy

Looking at Westcoaster's recent photos of Tivoli Gardens, all I can say is- I hope the designers of the new Future World take. look at what beauty can be achieved from landscaping. What Tivoli has done is simply stunning!
Good point. A normal beer garden as found in European parks (or Busch Gardens) would be nice in Epcot.

The Jetsons "beer garden in the sky" may be as much about upselling fireworks seating as it is about keeping the theme of Futureworld. But it's a really expensive, elaborate structure that they might eliminate, and they may cut the show budget anyways. So if cost cutting takes hold Disney might fall between two (bar) stools and end up with both an empty FW spine and an unimpressive nighttime show.

atighe42

But in reality, how damaging will all this be to the Future World overhaul? Most of the work seems to be cosmetic changes to landscaping and a sprucing up of existing infrastructure (minus the Festival Center). I hope that what was planned won’t be too hindered. We can ditch Journey of Water and the bar on stilts and still come out of this in a positive way. I just don’t see them letting Epcot rot any longer. It’s a serious issue they finally addressed.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
some of those are fake/green screen
And even then, most are just things that have been around for years. Nothing groundbreaking in there at all.
And many are prototypes that wouldn't stand up to real-world applications yet.

And many would work for only one or a handful of people at a time which would be very low capacity, which was one of my pet peeves with Innoventions and Project Tomorrow and the post-attraction venues of Imagination and Test Track.

And too many have loud Asian techno-trance soundtracks.

DreamfinderGuy

So, I had an idea about the EPCOT Central Spine temporary green space concept, and decided to make a really basic diagram (apologies on it being slightly inaccurate) of what that could look like. This is essentially building off of what's already there, assuming they fully remove the remains of the West Breezeway and the Electric Umbrella bubble, as well as fill in the gaps in the overhang where the old Innoventions and breezeway entrances were. Thoughts?EPCOT.png

Horizons1

So, I had an idea about the EPCOT Central Spine temporary green space concept, and decided to make a really basic diagram (apologies on it being slightly inaccurate) of what that could look like. This is essentially building off of what's already there, assuming they fully remove the remains of the West Breezeway and the Electric Umbrella bubble, as well as fill in the gaps in the overhang where the old Innoventions and breezeway entrances were. Thoughts?View attachment 464335
Anything is better than the up charge egg.

egg

So, I had an idea about the EPCOT Central Spine temporary green space concept, and decided to make a really basic diagram (apologies on it being slightly inaccurate) of what that could look like. This is essentially building off of what's already there, assuming they fully remove the remains of the West Breezeway and the Electric Umbrella bubble, as well as fill in the gaps in the overhang where the old Innoventions and breezeway entrances were. Thoughts?View attachment 464335
Looks like a poor WiFi connection.

Anything is better than the up charge egg.
😡

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Or cut their losses (pun intended) by leaving what’s standing standing, build their precious bar in the shape of Innoventions south west and stick a decent fountain in the middle of the plaza. Win win for a fraction of the cost.

Since money is very important right now.

trainplane3

Or cut their losses (pun intended) by leaving what’s standing standing, build their precious bar in the shape of Innoventions south west and stick a decent fountain in the middle of the plaza. Win win for a fraction of the cost.

Since money is very important right now.
I'd buy that idea for $1.
Heck, I'd buy it for a ton of $1's.

How does money work help.

VaderTron

Good point. A normal beer garden as found in European parks (or Busch Gardens) would be nice in Epcot.

The Jetsons "beer garden in the sky" may be as much about upselling fireworks seating as it is about keeping the theme of Futureworld. But it's a really expensive, elaborate structure that they might eliminate, and they may cut the show budget anyways. So if cost cutting takes hold Disney might fall between two (bar) stools and end up with both an empty FW spine and an unimpressive nighttime show.
I thought they were considering abandoning the original plan due to the need for cost cutting? :hilarious: :angelic:

Top Bottom