News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jt04

SpaceX launch shortly. Possibly visible from Future World and Tomorrowland. Because Future World and Tomorrowland.

Thank you.

Wikkler

apparently it was going to be a random celebrity/IP tie-in with Michael Jordan and Wallace and Gromit being some of the top-contenders for potential new ride stars.
What rubbish.

They should obviously have their own attraction in the United Kingdom pavilion. ;)
That was sarcasm. Now I have to do this every time I'm sarcastic. I hate it too.
They actually did do a Wallace and Gromit ride in Blackpool, but it's about the same quality as Nemo.

Wikkler

I seem to recall a proposed map of a re-imagining of Future World awhile back where FW was to be stripped of its concrete masses and replaced by lush gardens and waterfalls, similar in style to the never built WestCOT. Does anyone remember this image or have a link? It still seems like a good idea. The one negative thing about Epcot is the lack of shade anywhere and the concrete everywhere, making the park super hot on sunny days.
gemini.jpg

You can see some differences in this plan besides just the trees. Spaceship Earth is replaced with a roller coaster in one of the dumbest ideas they ever thought of, which is topped by the "Little Mermaid" pavilion next door. But at least Innoventions is broken up into small buildings. That idea was nice, but the contents in them were dated even when the plan was made, and "Cool Stuff" is the worst name for anything ever. The Rainforest Rollercoaster is a cool idea, but I'd like it inside, please. Soarin' still shows up on this plan, but on the other side of The Land, which makes me wonder if they keep Food Rocks. The Hedge Maze sounds uninspired. Finally, they were to add a Junior Autopia which would probably kill all the trees on that side of the park with its pollution.

If you couldn't tell, I don't like this plan.

Bocabear

What rubbish.

They should obviously have their own attraction in the United Kingdom pavilion. ;)
That was sarcasm. Now I have to do this every time I'm sarcastic. I hate it too.
They actually did do a Wallace and Gromit ride in Blackpool, but it's about the same quality as Nemo.

Actually Nemo is better quality than this...this ride is just longer...interminable it seems...lol

Bocabear

gemini.jpg

You can see some differences in this plan besides just the trees. Spaceship Earth is replaced with a roller coaster in one of the dumbest ideas they ever thought of, which is topped by the "Little Mermaid" pavilion next door. But at least Innoventions is broken up into small buildings. That idea was nice, but the contents in them were dated even when the plan was made, and "Cool Stuff" is the worst name for anything ever. The Rainforest Rollercoaster is a cool idea, but I'd like it inside, please. Soarin' still shows up on this plan, but on the other side of The Land, which makes me wonder if they keep Food Rocks. The Hedge Maze sounds uninspired. Finally, they were to add a Junior Autopia which would probably kill all the trees on that side of the park with its pollution.

If you couldn't tell, I don't like this plan.
I agree the Hedge Maze is boring, and I would not touch Spaceship Earth, but the general gist of the plan was not bad and added a lot of new kinetic elements to the park. Jr. Autopia could have easily been electric and futuristic like Hong Kong's version... The Living Seas already got nemo instead of Little Mermaid, so that part of the plan has already happened. A Rainforest Coaster outside of and wrapping through the Land pavilion would be a great addition...Really, all in all this could have been a great plan bringing more attractions to the heart of EPCOT... Just dump Time Racers... Not sure what the actual details of the hardscape would have looked like, but it certainly looks dynamic in the plan.

Wikkler

I agree the Hedge Maze is boring, and I would not touch Spaceship Earth, but the general gist of the plan was not bad and added a lot of new kinetic elements to the park. Jr. Autopia could have easily been electric and futuristic like Hong Kong's version... The Living Seas already got nemo instead of Little Mermaid, so that part of the plan has already happened. A Rainforest Coaster outside of and wrapping through the Land pavilion would be a great addition...Really, all in all this could have been a great plan bringing more attractions to the heart of EPCOT... Just dump Time Racers... Not sure what the actual details of the hardscape would have looked like, but it certainly looks dynamic in the plan.
Part of my post was hyperbole. I agree that the rainforest coaster would add kinetics and liveliness but I'm concerned about the volume. Even if nobody screams the entire time, coasters tend to be loud. I don't think Disney would have made the Jr. Autopia electric back then, and Little Mermaid is far worse than Nemo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom