News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

I can't see what is being proposed for Epcot by the 50th costing less than a double that figure from this company. All things told, there is an impressive number of projects proposed property-wide by October 2021.

And now that my Tower is safe, my nausea has abated. Back to optimism.
Property wide? You mean more than one park at a time? Thats very un-disney like and gives me some hope for the domestic parks

rioriz

Property wide? You mean more than one park at a time? Thats very un-disney like and gives me some hope for the domestic parks

True but Marni said last year there were a plethora of things proposed to come and even he was optimistic about the future...

The #thanksshanghai began

Now that it seems the storm is waning, hope may once again be on the horizon ...

clemmo

True but Marni said last year there were a plethora of things proposed to come and even he was optimistic about the future...

The #thanksshanghai began

Now that it seems the storm is waning, hope may once again be on the horizon ...
I'm still woried about attendance at Shanghai. Couldn't it still effect some of the expansions and renovations coming to WDW? Hopefully they get green light plans before the attendance reports come in but I doubt it.

FigmentForver96

I can't see what is being proposed for Epcot by the 50th costing less than a double that figure from this company. All things told, there is an impressive number of projects proposed property-wide by October 2021.

I'm actually starting to get excited now....of course I better keep it down.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There's a trackless penguin ride at Sea World. Not on the level of Mystic Manor or Hunny Hunt, but a nice minor attraction for young nature fans.
The penguin ride at Sea World is terrible. It's just not good at all. I wanted it to be great because the penguins themselves are so entertaining to watch, but the ride is no good. It shows that the ride system is only one component of the overall experience. I haven't been on Mystic Manor but the videos look pretty cool. I think if they did add the trackless technology to Imagination they would still need to do some work on the rest of the ride to make it a true e-ticket. It would be a perfect fit for the ride system.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Get Elon Musk to build a Hyperloop straight from Mission Space at Epcot to his SpaceX facility at Cape Canaveral.

Make it an upcharge in Epcot, where you can literally zip on over to NASA in 20 minutes (quicker than taking a bus from any resort on Disney property to Epcot itself) and explore the facility there.

THAT would be the future.
EPCOT Center when it opened relied on corporate sponsorship. It would be pretty smart to try to team up with Musk on something. Even if it's a small scale demo version of something he would like to build in the real world. Maybe not going all the way to Cape Canaveral but possibly just around the park itself.

Haymarket2008

I feel like Guardians in Epcot wouldn't inspire optimism! That's a pretty bleak thought!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
He specifically said he was blown away by the scale of the project. This was my reaction as well when I saw what they were planning with DHS. The budget here is a fraction of what the DHS budget is..

We possibly need to forget any preconceived ideas from past rumours about how this park would move forward. Things have changed as I see someone else has already alluded to.

But again, I stress caution. Not everything is a done deal. Things can shift on a whim. Somethings already are. And there's a lot of external factors that could influence things too. The park needs help. They know that. Now they need to carry through.

IF everything comes to fruition there is an awful lot of change on the way to Epcot. And elsewhere.

Progress.City

We possibly need to forget any preconceived ideas from past rumours about how this park would move forward. Things have changed as I see someone else has already alluded to.

But again, I stress caution. Not everything is a done deal. Things can shift on a whim. Somethings already are. And there's a lot of external factors that could influence things too. The park needs help. They know that. Now they need to carry through.

IF everything comes to fruition there is an awful lot of change on the way to Epcot. And elsewhere.
I take that as meaning that the changes could possibly be to more than the three pavilions I mentioned. Of course, anything could change at any time, but the gears are in motion for change. Fingers are crossed.

Progress.City

What pavilions did you mention?
Imagination, WoL, and UoE.

I thought you were responding to this:

He specifically said he was blown away by the scale of the project. This was my reaction as well when I saw what they were planning with DHS. The budget here is a fraction of what the DHS budget is, but it's the same as what RSR at DLR cost. EPCOT already has all the infrastructure in place, so infrastructure rehabilitation that will not have to be done would come as a great savings for this project, allowing all of it to go into attractions. Buildings are also in place, so that's a huge savings too. My guess is that the project will bring new attractions to pavilions already in place such as Imagination and WoL.

That makes sense. If FEA cost $150 million for a pavilion already in place, two pavilions with $50 million left over is $350 million. That $50 million is enough to shoot a new film and include minor AA enhancements for UoE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom