News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think you guys get it:

He was NEVER for/approved of Genetically Modified Organisms, which is the proper stance... Then along came Monsanto and WITHOUT any scientific evidence he all the sudden approved GMO's. I would applaud him if it were the other way around.
Why, because that supports your ideology that is not backed a shred of evidence?

Chris82

I went back and looked up stuff about "Discoveryland" and "Project Gemini" and that's very interesting. What's surprising to me, however, is that the changes that we HAVE seen in Epcot sure seem to follow in line with those plans - rethemed Seas with IP, Soarin', for example. So it's like we have Project Gemini-light, maybe only Castor but no Pollux :p

I do have to say, I'm really glad "Time Racers" never happened. That sounds like a potential "Rocket Rods" waiting to happen...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I went back and looked up stuff about "Discoveryland" and "Project Gemini" and that's very interesting. What's surprising to me, however, is that the changes that we HAVE seen in Epcot sure seem to follow in line with those plans - rethemed Seas with IP, Soarin', for example. So it's like we have Project Gemini-light, maybe only Castor but no Pollux :p

I do have to say, I'm really glad "Time Racers" never happened. That sounds like a potential "Rocket Rods" waiting to happen...
Thank the engineers that made the omnimover track essential to the structure of the building. Had they been able to rip out the current track I have a feeling we would see a roller coaster train shooing out of the side of SSE today.

Eastonm7

Regardless, Epcot needs more attractions. WoL needs to become a ride of any kind. Anything instead of sitting empty. Speaking of empty, put a new restaurant in the Odyssey Restaurant. There shouldn't be 2 empty locations in any Disney Park IMO.

Otterhead

Monsanto padded his wallet to reverse his option, so he is no Pro-GMO
That's what you're imagining based on his changed opinion. There's zero evidence that Monsanto paid him one cent. After coming out against GMOs, he was invited to Monsanto to see their research, and based on that and conversations with Neil deGrasse-Tyson, he changed his position and feels that GMOs aren't harmful towards human health. Which, frankly, I agree with.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How about just serving affordable meals all day long to guests who paid to get in the park?

You know. Like they used to do.
Crazy-Talk.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That is an opinion and not one backed by government and private research.
Please use common sense...what would happen if you drank a bottle of Clorox? Its the same concept except spread out over your shortened life.

I am an advocate for organic farmers and the stories and facts that I have seen and heard these farmers go through because of Monsanto/Du Pont are just flat out scary.

I won't derail this thread any longer (I just ask that you all educate yourselves before you defend Mr. Nye) but needless to say, UOE needs to go or be re-purposed

Otterhead

DHS must be driving you nuts then... I count at least 4 empty spaces over there...
DHS is in the middle of a massive, park-wide renovation, so I'm not too bugged by any empty spaces there; I know that everything at DHS is under active review. Odyssey is used a lot for CM functions and special events, but it's such a great, unique space in such a prominent location that it's most definitely under-utilized. While I hate to be all "yay Starbucks", frankly, it'd be a perfect spot for one.

Chris82

DHS is in the middle of a massive, park-wide renovation, so I'm not too bugged by any empty spaces there; I know that everything at DHS is under active review. Odyssey is used a lot for CM functions and special events, but it's such a great, unique space in such a prominent location that it's most definitely under-utilized. While I hate to be all "yay Starbucks", frankly, it'd be a perfect spot for one.

That's a good point - even just knowing that big things are in the pipeline does wonders for our acceptance of things. It's not so much the empty space as the belief that it's going to be empty forever that depresses. However, I remember somebody on these forums saying that they only announced Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land at the last minute at D23 - they weren't planning on it until (I think) they needed a plan to shore up falling stock prices. So there was a strong likelihood we weren't supposed to know about the upcoming DHS changes...

That suggests that maybe they have big Epcot plans in the works too - we just don't know about them? Hope springs eternal...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom