News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

Uh...on topic with the comments on open spaces and dreary buildings...weren't people complaining about the vast open space with no shade? Does anyone realize it's not going to get any better? You'll have some pretty trees and a giant table to sit under both of which will have lower capacity then the CC buildings to duck into during a storm.

Unplugged

Innoventions version one screwed up interior and exterior traffic flow. Version two was barely an improvement.
Oh sure, traffic was a nightmare, but some of what they presented was interesting. Short lifespan on museum-like technology presentations makes that a costly venture as well and not practical, even for Disney. Glad to see it go, though it was enjoyable (on low traffic days).

Unplugged

Uh...on topic with the comments on open spaces and dreary buildings...weren't people complaining about the vast open space with no shade? Does anyone realize it's not going to get any better? You'll have some pretty trees and a giant table to sit under both of which will have lower capacity then the CC buildings to duck into during a storm.
True. It's a trade off. The space between the buildings were not helped by the tarps, the heat got trapped and was dependant on the breeze direction, and nothing but concrete was aweful. Trees & planted areas, if done right ( :rolleyes: ) would be welcome and incrementally better. As for storms, well, there is that to deal with.

Horizons1

Oh boy. Can’t wait to lose more potential space for something neat and true to EPCOT’s mission for generic character path!

I would love to believe that somewhere deep in Disney there are a group of people who look at this project in disgust.

HauntedMansionFLA

So much more a reflection of the aesthetics of the opening year. The finished product will amaze guests. Walt warned against stasis in the parks and it is good to see his words still matter. Wow!
Yes!!!! The finished product will breath new life in this theme park. They keep ++++ing it with all of these amazing announcements. You can feel the positive energy walking through the park. Can’t wait for you to feel the Magic!!

HauntedMansionFLA

Am I the only one excited for the changes that are coming to EPCOT? Jeez. Club Cool was my favorite part but I’m not gonna act like that whole Innoventions area felt dated and unloved. It may not be the EPCOT of the 80’s but it is much better than the EPCOT of 2000’s onwards.
Yes. I am. I’m not one of the negative, old people saying “ I remember when it was such and such “
Life is to short

Mike S

People falling from upstairs after drinking too much beer would be.
Almost had that happen right in front of me on the upper level of an arena during a Rush concert. A true hero grabbed the drunk guys shirt to prevent him from falling over onto the people below. Saved his life and I’m sure others that had no idea what could’ve happened to them.

SplashJacket

Almost had that happen right in front of me on the upper level of an arena during a Rush concert. A true hero grabbed the drunk guys shirt to prevent him from falling over onto the people below. Saved his life and I’m sure others that had no idea what could’ve happened to them.

Not the same but was at an Atlanta Brave's Baseball game where a plastered man thought it was a good idea to urinate off the upper deck. A true hero in blue had him in cuffs shortly after.

Coming to an EPCOT Center near you!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Short lifespan on museum-like technology presentations makes that a costly venture as well and not practical, even for Disney.
That’s why there was a plan to fully refurbish and repurpose the buildings. You would still have gotten your new trees and breezeway roof removal. Instead we get a huge waste of money that could’ve been spent better elsewhere in the park, all for someone’s revolving door CV.

Last edited:

halltd

Thank god they didn’t build what Walt wanted.

To think otherwise shows a huge lack of understanding of E.P.C.O.T.

But it’s okay. Some get it, some don’t.
Uh.....what's wrong with Walt's original vision of the Florida project? I thought it was an amazing idea. If it had been built, I think a lot of the cities in the US at least would be dramatically different than today's same old same old.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Uh.....what's wrong with Walt's original vision of the Florida project? I thought it was an amazing idea. If it had been built, I think a lot of the cities in the US at least would be dramatically different than today's same old same old.
By now it would have been so hopelessly dated. Not the apartment interiors but the public realm, the services, the amenities, the built environment. The things that are hard and costly to alter.

The premise and idea was sound. But the execution would have to be carefully timeless in appearance and design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom