News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

lazyboy97o

Am I the only one excited for the changes that are coming to EPCOT? Jeez. Club Cool was my favorite part but I’m not gonna act like that whole Innoventions area felt dated and unloved. It may not be the EPCOT of the 80’s but it is much better than the EPCOT of 2000’s onwards.
Again, fixing neglect does not require building something that is much more expensive, smaller, less functional and just sort of plopped down in a field.

MrConbon

Again, fixing neglect does not require building something that is much more expensive, smaller, less functional and just sort of plopped down in a field.

There was nothing worthwhile to fill those small empty spaces with. I’d rather have a Moana water garden to stroll through than a Baymax meet and greet in an empty space. Other than some small VR activity. There isn’t anything great to put in there.

lazyboy97o

There was nothing worthwhile to fill those small empty spaces with. I’d rather have a Moana water garden to stroll through than a Baymax meet and greet in an empty space. Other than some small VR activity. There isn’t anything great to put in there.
If only Disney has some sort of team who could imagine and then build entertaining theme park content...

Epcot82Guy

There are incredible adaptive reuse projects going on across the country (and world right now). Many highly transformative.

I don't think anyone is saying they are against changes and investment to Epcot. Quite the contrary. As others have noted, it's the changes they decided to make vs. others that were quite real possibilities that people are lamenting.

RobWDW1971

Keeping building designs from 40 years ago in a futuristic theme park isn't necessarily a good thing either
Fine, tear them both down and put in something that captures our imagination. I don’t care about old run down buildings. But I DO care about design, symmetry, and a coherent sense of place/theme. Leaving one side of the old run down buildings while putting a Moana water feature on the other is the worst of all worlds.

Commit to something great - don’t half-a$$ it and tell me to be happy because it’s better than what we left to rot.

EPCOTCenterLover

We left WDW the day before Epcot FW demo began. I am sad for seeing what it was at opening now going away. but it left already in bits and pieces. I'm curious about what is coming. Some parts even look great. I'm looking forward to seeing it all completed- even though I can also only look at photos.

rle4lunch

We left WDW the day before Epcot FW demo began. I am sad for seeing what it was at opening now going away. but it left already in bits and pieces. I'm curious about what is coming. Some parts even look great. I'm looking forward to seeing it all completed- even though I can also only look at photos.

Disney just really dropped the ball with Epcot over the years. Such a decrepit (poop) show of antiquated attractions, masked by the continual overlays of 'fests' and booze, hiding the nastiness (like when they turn the lights on in a club after last call) with the propping up of value engineered crap like Maelstrom by turning it into a 'dreaded' IP (yet superior) ride, soulless 1 dimensional updates like TT 2.0, and jamming unneeded restaurants into an already overstuffed WS.

If there was one park that needed a complete overhaul, it was Epcot. I know that some of their new ideas aren't very good, but I'm anxious to see what Epcot becomes in the next 2 years.

Unplugged

Already looks so much better. Innoventions was cool in the day, but overall that narrow dutch over spine and the weird way a massive gray building broke up the flow between East & West was not appealing to me. Looking at the 1/2 removal so far creates such a vast open space and makes it look so much bigger. Can't wait to see the additional progress in the coming months/years!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Already looks so much better. Innoventions was cool in the day, but overall that narrow dutch over spine and the weird way a massive gray building broke up the flow between East & West was not appealing to me. Looking at the 1/2 removal so far creates such a vast open space and makes it look so much bigger. Can't wait to see the additional progress in the coming months/years!
Innoventions version one screwed up interior and exterior traffic flow. Version two was barely an improvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom