News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even being assured there’s enough old school left who appreciate, understand and strive for a feel of EPCOT Center I still don’t trust them. The proof will definitely be in the pudding. As they say.

When will they be finished pudding it up?

Actually, I don't care about the time frame. Couldn't resist the pun.

Chow, baby!

trainplane3

The last budget I had was substantially lower than the initial pitch which gave me some hope it won’t be a full gut.

The ride system should be similar if not the same. It won’t be a coaster.

Even being assured there’s enough old school left who appreciate, understand and strive for a feel of EPCOT Center I still don’t trust them. The proof will definitely be in the pudding. As they say.
Pudding? They only got the powder for it. The person and equipment needed to make the actual pudding was slashed from the budget.

But I assume you knew that already. 🙃

WDW Pro

The last budget I had was substantially lower than the initial pitch which gave me some hope it won’t be a full gut.

The ride system should be similar if not the same. It won’t be a coaster.

Ever since the RotR interior photos came out, as well as the internal leaks about the Close the Gap Initiative for DLR, many of my sources have been under tight watch. Although I have first hand knowledge of some goings-on, a lot of that is several years old and related to specific projects. Hopefully it'll be safe soon for creatives to start talking again, but there's a lot of watch-your-back going on for the past few months. I've also been informed that a lot of what you and I have posted on here in the past few months was put on significant YouTube channels that brought more attention to these forums (such as when I detailed how the Lucasfilm Story Group affected the design of SWGE). Plus, law enforcement is observing fan forums in case any morons involved in the Buzzy / Backstage stuff post incriminating information, so that causes additional difficulty in getting info out of people.

I'm hopeful that they'll clean up SSE, update the on-vehicle videos, complete the downhill section, vastly improve the top to the full glory it was originally intended to be, and then STOP. SSE is a classic and needs to be kept sacrosanct.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
but there's a lot of watch-your-back going on for the past few months.
You ain’t kidding. I’ve some fun stories. Other sites and video channels only have themselves to blame for this, plus some idiot who ended up at Epcot. But of course at the end of the day, them - and us - are entitled to nothing.
I'm hopeful that they'll clean up SSE, update the on-vehicle videos, complete the downhill section, vastly improve the top to the full glory it was originally intended to be, and then STOP. SSE is a classic and needs to be kept sacrosanct.
Amen.

WDW Pro

"Close the Gap"? Was this a corporate mind set to stop the negative buzz handout GE?

Massive budget cuts in Ops at DLR to reduce the losses during summer low attendance after SWGE launched. Some days attendance was down +50% Y2Y, which had Disney scrambling to reduce employee hours and anything else they could use to drop daily overhead. It was supposed to be a huge secret because of the negative PR it would cause if it caught on with the internet news articles. They were not pleased that not only was the Initiative leaked, but even the code name for it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Massive budget cuts in Ops at DLR to reduce the losses during summer low attendance after SWGE launched. Some days attendance was down +50% Y2Y, which had Disney scrambling to reduce employee hours and anything else they could use to drop daily overhead. It was supposed to be a huge secret because of the negative PR it would cause if it caught on with the internet news articles. They were not pleased that not only was the Initiative leaked, but even the code name for it.

Or... it was beautifully orchestrated, with the information coming from Bob Iger to Zenia Mucha to Troy Porter to the interwebs in an effort to cast Bob Chapek in a bad light so he could blame Catherine Powell and fire her... I mean, so she could leave the company to spend more time with her family. Did I miss anyone? :D

tirian

Ever since the RotR interior photos came out, as well as the internal leaks about the Close the Gap Initiative for DLR, many of my sources have been under tight watch. Although I have first hand knowledge of some goings-on, a lot of that is several years old and related to specific projects. Hopefully it'll be safe soon for creatives to start talking again, but there's a lot of watch-your-back going on for the past few months. I've also been informed that a lot of what you and I have posted on here in the past few months was put on significant YouTube channels that brought more attention to these forums (such as when I detailed how the Lucasfilm Story Group affected the design of SWGE). Plus, law enforcement is observing fan forums in case any morons involved in the Buzzy / Backstage stuff post incriminating information, so that causes additional difficulty in getting info out of people.

Yeah, I’ve also been asked not to repeat anything online, and since friends (and their jobs!) are more important than web forums, I stay quiet.

Besides, there’s really not much to say other than what everyone already knows. If you’re a long-term Epcot fan, prepare to love the landscaping and be disappointed the park is an MK Lite. If you think recent Disney Cartoon Marketing is truly the depth of the Company, you’ll be satisfied until the IP gets stale.

tirian

To be fair, that’s a common sales phrase and hardly a strong code.

Maybe Chapek’s computer password is “password”?

tirian

Or... it was beautifully orchestrated, with the information coming from Bob Iger to Zenia Mucha to Troy Porter to the interwebs in an effort to cast Bob Chapek in a bad light so he could blame Catherine Powell and fire her... I mean, so she could leave the company to spend more time with her family. Did I miss anyone? :D

:D

It’s a preposterous rumor, but if you ignore the details and look at the big picture, it’s also a somewhat accurate example of how the company has been scapegoating people for the errors of Lucasfilm and P&R. Blame everyone except the people actually making the decisions.

montyz81

It was actually going to be WoM'd, UoE'd? Wow, I was under the impression that it was a 100% refresh (basically, the stage before they gut it) and that some of the sets, although completely refreshed, would remain the same. I am now very confused as to what exactly SSE will be in the new Epcot. Will it even be called SpaceShip Earth?

The day SSE becomes a roller coaster, will be the day I 100% stop going to Epcot!.

HauntedMansionFLA

It was actually going to be WoM'd, UoE'd? Wow, I was under the impression that it was a 100% refresh (basically, the stage before they gut it) and that some of the sets, although completely refreshed, would remain the same. I am now very confused as to what exactly SSE will be in the new Epcot. Will it even be called SpaceShip Earth?

The day SSE becomes a roller coaster, will be the day I 100% stop going to Epcot!.
Hopefully not The Great Movie Ride....wrong park

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Found this permit today. The RCID address database shows this address as the area labeled "Northeast Area Development"

11/7/2019 - Epcot - Buena Vista Construction Company
1378 Avenue of the Stars (Near Mission Space) - Area Development Pathway Improvements

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom