News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Fountain update:
https://blogmickey.com/2019/11/form...s-area-prepped-for-new-construction-at-epcot/
fountain-of-nations-demolition-epcot-11062019-9.jpg

It’s really hard to be excited about Epcot after seeing that. What were they thinking?

WDW Pro

Surely they wouldn’t do that.

Oh.

I'm told the fountain had developed significant plumbing issues over the past decade, but it's still sad to see it demolished without an equivalent or plussed replacement. SSE is what I'm most concerned about at this point; I still don't know who the project lead is, what the budget is, etc. I don't want to see it dumbed down or devolved.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm told the fountain had developed significant plumbing issues over the past decade, but it's still sad to see it demolished without an equivalent or plussed replacement. SSE is what I'm most concerned about at this point; I still don't know who the project lead is, what the budget is, etc. I don't want to see it dumbed down or devolved.
The last budget I had was substantially lower than the initial pitch which gave me some hope it won’t be a full gut.

The ride system should be similar if not the same. It won’t be a coaster.

Even being assured there’s enough old school left who appreciate, understand and strive for a feel of EPCOT Center I still don’t trust them. The proof will definitely be in the pudding. As they say.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just wonder what they will work on next? Tear down Innovations West, Pin Central with the tarps or something totally different ??
Any thoughts @MisterPenguin @marni1971 @danlb_2000 @Magic Feather

No inside knowledge, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pave over the fountain area and then move the walls back to re-open that area to guests. This would allow the kiosks near Pin Central to be moved into that area, freeing up room for walls around it.

CJR

The last budget I had was substantially lower than the initial pitch which gave me some hope it won’t be a full gut.

If that is the case, then it would also probably lower the downtime needed. Give or take, of course.

No inside knowledge, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pave over the fountain area and then move the walls back to re-open that area to guests. This would allow the kiosks near Pin Central to be moved into that area, freeing up room for walls around it.

Agreed, it makes sense as to why they started here. Widen the path so they can start work on the Innoventions demo, which will no doubt need the breeze way closed for a bit.

hpyhnt 1000

The ride system should be similar if not the same. It won’t be a coaster.

Even being assured there’s enough old school left who appreciate, understand and strive for a feel of EPCOT Center I still don’t trust them. The proof will definitely be in the pudding. As they say.

Sigh... pretty sad state of affairs when we're rooting for a smaller budget for a ride overhaul because we're afraid what Disney would do with a bigger one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom