News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

lentesta

Premium Member
@marni1971 Could the soon to be new pavilion not open with an attraction because the attractions IP is still in final stages of production... And once said production is complete, WDI can pull together an attraction for this new IP. @lentesta Jim share anymore about this?

I hear Spain, depending on whether Gigantic does well in 2018. and a boat ride for the attraction.

Spain seems to tick all the right boxes for an American audience: Western Europe, familiar language, familiar culture, familiar food and drinks.

I could be wrong.

RobbinsDad

If they want something Edutainment, for future World, I would think they should look to Robotics. My daughter is learning about them and building basic ones in middle school. This could be a perfect way to meld IP into something that could teach and fit the idea of future world. Big Hero 6 showing you about his ancestors or something. Colleges, and corps could offer to show off some different Robot types and prototypes. They could rotate in and out. The publicity would be good for them with all the people who go thru Epcot it might even inspire a few, who knows?
Well said. Robotics are really big right now (and probably for the foreseeable future) in middle schools. A robotics exhibit/attraction of some kind could be a big hit.

Kman101

Depends on what you call "official."

But yeah.

Thanks!

Glad to know they FINALLY greenlit something. They can't seem to pull the trigger.

I really hope the Epcot plans come to fruition because it sounds like the DHS makeover has fallen to the wayside and they think everything will be hunky dory with four replacement attractions (not counting what "maybe" is coming, like the Mickey ride). How do they "get it" yet not "get it" at the same time?

Michel Lichand

I am super okay with the Ratatouille ride, cause then it means there'll be something affordable at the France pavilion!

Oh, the times I stood outside Chefs de France, staring at the menu...

MerlinTheGoat

I am super okay with the Ratatouille ride, cause then it means there'll be something affordable at the France pavilion!

Oh, the times I stood outside Chefs de France, staring at the menu...
You aren't missing anything with Chefs IMO. The food quality WAS great in the 90s. But more recently the quality has plummeted. Chefs once did a admirable job with quality authentic French food (i've experienced the real thing to know). Not anymore.

The bakery I have similar feelings towards. I don't remember if we visited it in the 90s, but again I have visited quality boulangeries in France and is a very far cry from the real thing.

I have not tried the ice cream parlor yet. I have heard good things about it, but I also heard good things about Ample Hills Creamery at the Boardwalk and was let down. Again I have also had fantastic ice cream in France and have a hard time imagining Disney coming close, at least not anymore.

Michel Lichand

I have not tried the ice cream parlor yet. I have heard good things about it, but I also heard good things about Ample Hills Creamery at the Boardwalk and was let down. Again I have also had fantastic ice cream in France and have a hard time imagining Disney coming close, at least not anymore.

Oh shoot, the ice cream parlor! I love it. Best ice cream I had on property. Made sure to go on it every time I went to WS. Wasted a sizable part of my paychecks on that.

GeneralKnowledge

If they do go the GOTG route, 'm not 100% sure that they need an "energy" tie in. It could just be a world class thrill attraction that beginsto tie some Marvel IP into Florida. Now obviously, Epcot fans wouldn't like that, but it could just be an awesome ride they are creating with an original story.

It would certainly set a precedent for thematic inconsistency....Communication, land, sea, motion, space, imagination, and your favorite sci-if blockbuster!!!!! Once they do that, there's no stopping them from putting a Zootopia attraction in Liberty Square.

Kman101

I don't talk about Food and whine as a positive.

So once the park doesn't need to be padded with festivals, are they going to be sticking around? I know things like this might not be easy to predict a few years from now and while I don't despise them like some, we all know why they do them. I can't see them dumping them anytime soon but the park will, apparently, have a lot more things to do in the future and other new offerings. Does it fit in their plans?

ToTBellHop

So once the park doesn't need to be padded with festivals, are they going to be sticking around? I know things like this might not be easy to predict a few years from now and while I don't despise them like some, we all know why they do them. I can't see them dumping them anytime soon but the park will, apparently, have a lot more things to do in the future and other new offerings. Does it fit in their plans?
Festivals aren't going anywhere.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They seem to. I'd expect shorter festivals offering more diverse topics though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom