News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Sped2424

Any new country that may or may not be coming may or may not have an attraction when it opens. There are plans for an attraction should the country be built but they aren't green lit yet. Should it be built.
Now if an attraction may or may not be built in a country that may or may not be built can you say if the alleged ride would be ip based or not.

*Q*

Any new country that may or may not be coming may or may not have an attraction when it opens. There are plans for an attraction should the country be built but they aren't green lit yet. Should it be built.
"If we don't have the key, we can't open whatever it is we don't have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked... which we don't have... without first having found the key what unlocks it?"
"So, we're going after this key!"
"You're not making any sense at all, mate."

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
@marni1971 Could the soon to be new pavilion not open with an attraction because the attractions IP is still in final stages of production... And once said production is complete, WDI can pull together an attraction for this new IP. @lentesta Jim share anymore about this?

Sam Magic

I'll make a bold prediction: If the new pavilion is going to be a Brazil pavilion I would assume the attraction could be some-type of rain-forest like coaster? Disney doesn't have an IP it can tie in and EPCOT is lacking in quality coaster attractions. I also seem to remember Project Gemini planning to build a rainforest coaster in The Land...a good idea never dies?

As for the MS refurb...is it a complete refurb? The film is pretty outdated and a new one would be great.

Phroobar

This will be Perfect also! I hope that Guardians of the Galaxy will come to EPCOT! And take down Ellen's Energy Adventure!:cool:
What would be the plot line for the GOTG taking over EEA? Does Star Lord's ship run out of energy and crashes on Earth? While here, they learn about different forms of energy and decide fossil fuels are the best way to recharge the Milano?

rd805

What would be the plot line for the GOTG taking over EEA? Does Star Lord's ship run out of energy and crashes on Earth? While here, they learn about different forms of energy and decide fossil fuels are the best way to recharge the Milano?

If they do go the GOTG route, 'm not 100% sure that they need an "energy" tie in. It could just be a world class thrill attraction that beginsto tie some Marvel IP into Florida. Now obviously, Epcot fans wouldn't like that, but it could just be an awesome ride they are creating with an original story.

Sam Magic

I'm excited for Epcot finally getting some TLC, however, I fear that from the rumors we've heard they are basically taking the park and just throwing in a ton of IPs. I'm probably over-exaggerating, and I'm not one of those people that believes they should just put everything back as it was in 1984, but I also am not a fan of the park becoming WDWs miscellaneous drawer (well this doesn't fit here...so...lets just put it by the big golf ball). It's like they are taking Epcot and giving it the Eisner DCA treatment; throwing in IPs to increase attendance.

I fear the problem is that Epcot is lost. The structure/story of the park needs to be retooled and fixed. I do not know what that would entail or what it would look like, but they need to fundamentally change the park, not just throw in a bunch of Disney IPs.

clemmo

So now that rat is green lit it really is starting to feel like WS is getting more money pumped into it than FW. Maybe we just not know too much about the FW projects yet or they will be done after the WS projects wrap up

jpinkc

If they want something Edutainment, for future World, I would think they should look to Robotics. My daughter is learning about them and building basic ones in middle school. This could be a perfect way to meld IP into something that could teach and fit the idea of future world. Big Hero 6 showing you about his ancestors or something. Colleges, and corps could offer to show off some different Robot types and prototypes. They could rotate in and out. The publicity would be good for them with all the people who go thru Epcot it might even inspire a few, who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom