News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

very true, but making absurd moves like stuffing the tequila bar inside Mexico into a space that cant handle it, has done nothing but create havoc. I still question how they get away with that with fire code.
That Tequila bar is wildly popular....they should consider creating an outside entrance for it...so the Tequila Bar on the right of the Pyramid, and the attraction entrance on the left side... then the majority of traffic is exiting through the center of the pyramid....

lazyboy97o

very true, but making absurd moves like stuffing the tequila bar inside Mexico into a space that cant handle it, has done nothing but create havoc. I still question how they get away with that with fire code.
Because the fire codes are a series of different parameters that are incorporated into the design.

Purduevian

It's funny for 5 year olds , and if they planned it, it could indeed hold the crowds... they would need to move the queue and attraction entrance outside of the Pyramid.... When EPCOT opened there were throngs of people through those pavilions.... Crowds at EPCOT is not necessarily a new thing.
Thanks to Martin's video (I hope its ok to screen cap it here, credit goes to http://www.martinsvids.net/?s=mexico) Unless they rip out 2 of the stores and push the queue all the way out through the front... there really isn't a good way to get the queue to exit through the left side of the pyramid. There also needs to be an exit/ exit path to the ride.
1721329330894.png

UNCgolf

If the entire ride is being completely redone, move the queue outside the pyramid...not in the same location

There's not much room to put it outside the building either, really. There's just the space between the pavilion and the Odyssey, which is only about 60 feet wide and would require additional work to block backstage views too.

There's more room on the other side between Mexico and Norway, but moving load/unload over there could potentially require blowing up the whole attraction and starting from scratch.

I just don't think it's especially feasible for them to put a popular attraction there without completely gutting the existing pavilion and eliminating most of what makes it special. I believe Martin indicated this as well -- I'm pretty sure he said the reason Coco didn't end up going into the Mexico pavilion is that they couldn't work out a way to make it work logistically (at least without tremendous expense and damage to what's currently there).

Bocabear

Odyssey has been more or less vacant for years except for "flex Space"... What it they attached the two buildings and the interior queue could be in that space between... There appears to be more space between Mexico and the Frozen meet and greet ... Seems like someone could actually figure it out if they wanted to...

Chef idea Mickey`=

If the entire ride is being completely redone, move the queue outside the pyramid...not in the same location
🙄 Gee another waiting outside in the heat, part of the charm of this ride was to unwind after a hot or hectic day at Epcot or WDW. What I love about it is you can easily hop back in if you want another go. Anything like Frozen Ever After is enough as it is..

Last edited:

Bocabear

🙄 Gee another waiting outside in the heat, part of the charm of this ride was to unwind after a hot or hectic day at Epcot or WDW. What I love about it is you can easily hop back in if you want another go. Anything like Frozen Ever After is enough as it is..
They could build an interior queue... They would have to build an addition to the building.....

doctornick

Yeah. Also the three calbaerros ride is funny, and Mexico can’t handle cocos crowds. .
3 cabs is great. While Coco - if the built a brand new ride like in the space behind the Frozen M&G - would be a great addition to the pavilion, i wouldn’t want them to remove the 3 cab ride. It’s really quite perfect for Epcot as a low wait ride that is fun and still has some cultural value

Purduevian

So you are talking about a replacement for 3 cabs not a retheme? At that point why not use all the space behind the frozen M&G and leave 3 cabs where it is.

I will never understand why people want to actively replace decent, 0 height, minimal wait attractions. I wish there were 5 more 3 cabs type rides in every park. Blue is queue, Red is show building, green is bigger show building if they were willing to move avenue of the stars. TBH I do not know what those BOH facilities are, but I'm guessing they could move.
1721393833583.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom