News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

BrianLo

I think Disney would be more likely to use Pinocchio for Italy than Luca. I loved Luca but it isn’t considered much of a hit or marketing value. I’m skeptical it would ever be used in the parks.

Luca gets confused because of its streaming only status. But remained a top ten streamed film (across all platforms) even after the year of its release. It's not their 'biggest film', but when you have Ratatouille around the corner, Luca is generally in the wheelhouse or better.

Though yes, Pinocchio is also completely viable.

It is get more repeat play than people tend to realize. It still tends to poke around their top ten (on the platform). These decisions are definitely in part internally driven by ongoing streaming uptake and yes, downstream toys/merch.

Tony the Tigger

very true, but making absurd moves like stuffing the tequila bar inside Mexico into a space that cant handle it, has done nothing but create havoc. I still question how they get away with that with fire code.
They kick you out. I went in alone, ordered a $40+ Ocho neat to sip, and was asked to finish it outside after 2 sips.

Last edited:

C33Mom

After reading some of these posts I can’t wait until they build the grammar pavilion.
How about “Mary Poppins’ English Language Adventure” in the UK pavilion with new original song “A Well-Placed Apostrophe [Helps the Message Resound]”
I honestly kinda feel like an attraction more on the style of “ride and go seek” in Tokyo (and no, not Toy Story mania) would honestly be a hit at wdw. I’ve always wanted to see that style of interactive ride come to the states. My only worry is the capacity of the ride and go seek ride system
I swear before I read the rest of this thread I read your post and thought “Tangled boat ride, sort of like TDS’ new attraction but most definitely with an extra scene featuring I’ve got a dream, and there’s a pascal hidden in each room (various levels of difficulty so everyone can find some but few find all on the first try) and you have to use your search light to find him in each room and active him to do something.” But I assumed it belonged in MK.
Tangled would happen before that ever got considered again, unfortunately.
This is interesting—I always assumed Corona was vaguely French/Italian— any reason to believe it’s appropriate for Germany other than the tavern?

James Alucobond

This is interesting—I always assumed Corona was vaguely French/Italian— any reason to believe it’s appropriate for Germany other than the tavern?
It’s that the original tale is traditionally attributed to and takes place in Germany, and names like Gothel and Rapunzel are German in origin. It doesn’t have anything to do with Corona. Which is essentially the same argument for other options like Snow White as well.

C33Mom

It’s that the original tale is traditionally attributed to and takes place in Germany, and names like Gothel and Rapunzel are German in origin. It doesn’t have anything to do with Corona. Which is essentially the same argument for other options like Snow White as well.
Oh yeah, oops! Excuse me while I quietly slink away in shame.

GenChi

Still not over the comment where GFT apparently has no "Mexican IP Character" like ??? LOL

Discussion also seems to be running in a circle. There's many concepts they could do as people brought up, ways the can make it work if they pay for it. But they wouldn't commit to it all, at the cost it would take they would get more out of making it an entire new MK attraction and miniland to help capacity there and put Epcot funding where it's needed vs forcing a IP swap-out of a ride for same capacity that very likely would be a worse ride then before.

Again, do hope D23 can give some confirmation so the debate can rest. Coco in MK and GFT staying put will be the best result for everyone involved with what is realistically possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom