News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Not counting shows (MILF and Philharmagic), are Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland the only Disney Parks worldwide that have no screen based/screen heavy attractions? I mean, it seems Coco will be screen based (or at least screen heavy). Not that that is bad, just crazy that Magic Kingdom would have gone so long without a screen based attraction.

Sneaky

Not counting shows (MILF and Philharmagic), are Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland the only Disney Parks worldwide that have no screen based/screen heavy attractions? I mean, it seems Coco will be screen based (or at least screen heavy). Not that that is bad, just crazy that Magic Kingdom would have gone so long without a screen based attraction.
Good on the magic kingdom.

Moth

Actually a well done boat ride could be really beautiful and allow you the time to see the details...and animatronics... A Day Of The Dead Small World...Would be amazing.....rather than a film based flyover...
I agree! I just don't think the alternative to the flyover (a value Imagineering job for a reskin of mexico) is what it deserves.

Bocabear

Yeah. Also the three calbaerros ride is funny, and Mexico can’t handle cocos crowds. .
It's funny for 5 year olds , and if they planned it, it could indeed hold the crowds... they would need to move the queue and attraction entrance outside of the Pyramid.... When EPCOT opened there were throngs of people through those pavilions.... Crowds at EPCOT is not necessarily a new thing.

Sneaky

It's funny for 5 year olds , and if they planned it, it could indeed hold the crowds... they would need to move the queue and attraction entrance outside of the Pyramid.... When EPCOT opened there were throngs of people through those pavilions.... Crowds at EPCOT is not necessarily a new thing.
It’s an Inside joke in my family. Kidna why I like it lol.

aladdin2007

very true, but making absurd moves like stuffing the tequila bar inside Mexico into a space that cant handle it, has done nothing but create havoc. I still question how they get away with that with fire code.

Bocabear

very true, but making absurd moves like stuffing the tequila bar inside Mexico into a space that cant handle it, has done nothing but create havoc. I still question how they get away with that with fire code.
That Tequila bar is wildly popular....they should consider creating an outside entrance for it...so the Tequila Bar on the right of the Pyramid, and the attraction entrance on the left side... then the majority of traffic is exiting through the center of the pyramid....

lazyboy97o

Because the fire codes are a series of different parameters that are incorporated into the design.

Purduevian

Thanks to Martin's video (I hope its ok to screen cap it here, credit goes to http://www.martinsvids.net/?s=mexico) Unless they rip out 2 of the stores and push the queue all the way out through the front... there really isn't a good way to get the queue to exit through the left side of the pyramid. There also needs to be an exit/ exit path to the ride.
1721329330894.png

UNCgolf

If the entire ride is being completely redone, move the queue outside the pyramid...not in the same location

There's not much room to put it outside the building either, really. There's just the space between the pavilion and the Odyssey, which is only about 60 feet wide and would require additional work to block backstage views too.

There's more room on the other side between Mexico and Norway, but moving load/unload over there could potentially require blowing up the whole attraction and starting from scratch.

I just don't think it's especially feasible for them to put a popular attraction there without completely gutting the existing pavilion and eliminating most of what makes it special. I believe Martin indicated this as well -- I'm pretty sure he said the reason Coco didn't end up going into the Mexico pavilion is that they couldn't work out a way to make it work logistically (at least without tremendous expense and damage to what's currently there).

Bocabear

Odyssey has been more or less vacant for years except for "flex Space"... What it they attached the two buildings and the interior queue could be in that space between... There appears to be more space between Mexico and the Frozen meet and greet ... Seems like someone could actually figure it out if they wanted to...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom