News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m fine with Hondo (and the droids in the standby queue) but willing to agree that Lando would have been even better. Especially if he cheated us out of a promise at the end.

I think Hondo is a great choice. His character fits well with the storyline of the ride, and his sarcastic sense of humor ads some fun to the ride. Not to mention, you just can't go wrong with Jim Cummings voice work!

RSoxNo1

The best choice for a host, imo would have been Lando. He’s still alive in this point in the timeline, he’s a more familiar face than Hondo, and he speaks English (unlike Chewie).
The Episode 8 timeline lock was a mistake. That being said, I would 100% accept Lando as our host. For what it's worth though, Chewie would probably be the easiest animatronic to do relative to the other options.

Brer Oswald

I don't get people's continued obsession with trying to force Coco in Epcot. Just because it's a newer IP taking place in Mexico so it has to go there? The plan they are going for now is so much better. Coco gets its own ride designed ground up around the film's strengths in MK with a land that segues strongly with Frontierland, one of Disney's cult following series keeps its ride perfect for its size (also Cabs sell merch better than people think), Disney doesn't need to pay tons for extension queue modifications or the supposed crowds making the pavilion inoperable just for Coco to get a 80s hand me down. Everyone wins in this scenario, so I can't grasp why people are so fixated on the presumably cancelled worse scenario. Not every ride needs to be this overcrowded 1 hour wait, pavilion was never meant for that
I don’t get it either. The Three Caballeros ride is perfectly charming as is. The blend of animation and real people makes sense because that’s how it was in the movie. And to top it off, “The Three Caballeros” song is actually “Ay Jalisco No Te Rajes”, an authentically Mexican song. I don’t think it gets much better than that.

Another retheme wouldn’t improve the ride experience in any meaningful way. Mexico is the last pavilion at the park in need of an overhaul. It’s easily the best one in World Showcase as is.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Nobody visiting cares about “the timeline”. They just want to be immersed in the worlds of the movies that they actually liked.
I don't need Where's Waldo of film characters for a land or attraction to be immersive. Random droids rolling around Galaxy's Edge would be immersive, they don't have to be R2-D2 and BB-8. Pandora is immersive without Jake and Neytiri. Tron is a cool world without [any of the characters from Tron, whose names I don't know].

Sneaky

Ok. But do we care about the adjective here?
Here’s an image I crudely made with my finger, hope it gets the point across. This came up on DSNY’s video

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 143

Captain Neo

Are these projects even usually approved by the board? That also stood out to me as odd.

Perhaps something like the 60 billion Capex or something on the level of Shanghai Disneyland. But - Bob needs the boards sign off on a Coco attraction?

the board only signs off on huge projects like 800 mil - 1 billion + range. A big thunder expansion or a coco ride can be approved by Iger or the CFO.

MagicHappens1971

the board only signs off on huge projects like 800 mil - 1 billion + range. A big thunder expansion or a coco ride can be approved by Iger or the CFO.
While we're basically all talking semantics at this point as we don't know the actual inner workings of the TWDC, but the board/Iger did approve what ($60B?) for Parks & Resorts over the next 10 years... Isn't it up to Josh to approve and allocate those funds?

ToTBellHop

While we're basically all talking semantics at this point as we don't know the actual inner workings of the TWDC, but the board/Iger did approve what ($60B?) for Parks & Resorts over the next 10 years... Isn't it up to Josh to approve and allocate those funds?
Bob will be approving the main components. That’s likely why he was at WDW this week. He wouldn’t sweat it in the swamps for nothing.

eddie104

Correct. And that team is in Florida.

Florida has 60% of the number of Imagineers that Glendale has.
That’s interesting considering the fact Disney is being sued right now because a lot of employees moved to Florida just for the HQ to be cancelled.

Are they all working from home or is Disney actually renting out some office space?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom