News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Fox&Hound

RSR is such a gem of a ride. It's one of the only reasons I go to DCA when I travel to Cali, otherwise I would probably spend all my days in Disneyland lol.

Living in Florida and being able to go to WDW as frequently as I do, I would love to be able to go on RSR whenever I wanted without having to get on a plane. Unlike others on this forum I can see how they can make it fit at MK beyond Thunder, but I would love if they can make it work at HS somehow and include the whole land and not just the ride. If they can find space (animation courtyard/launch bay or part of the parking lot that is rumored to eventually be expansion) and are not replacing anything, this also adds 3 new rides to HS. Desperately needed.
But it is another e-ticket that DHS does not need. It needs dark ride omnimovers for all ages. Maters already exists as aliens swirling saucers- would they repeat that? And the dancing cars ride is really lame.

Love the idea of RSR in WDW (despite rain concerns) but not at DHS. Bring villains to DHS.

Last edited:

PREMiERdrum

Brayden (if you want to count him as a source) said that was very much on the table. TSL in his version would become some kind of woody’s roundup attraction. Not sure how much I agree with that theming but the idea of it being used as an additional attraction sounds ok to me.
I've heard of proposals that shortened RoA, but nothing under serious consideration to eliminate it outright.

The pot of money actually going to new-build projects in FL is getting smaller as the scope and timeline of the spending ticks bigger. I'd still count on seeing Coco and Moana in MK and Tropical Americas as the first fruits, with lots of ideas and few firm answers for what comes after.

Fox&Hound

Pointless then. RSR is a great ride but what makes it impressive is entire town and all the details. It would be silly without all of Radiator Springs
I think people would still like it. I agree it should be the entire land but with alien being redundant to alien swirling saucers that might give them pause, depending on which park gets it.

Delta-7

I've heard of proposals that shortened RoA, but nothing under serious consideration to eliminate it outright.

The pot of money actually going to new-build projects in FL is getting smaller as the scope and timeline of the spending ticks bigger. I'd still count on seeing Coco and Moana in MK and Tropical Americas as the first fruits, with lots of ideas and few firm answers for what comes after.
By shortening the river did they mean cutting it down a little bit like they did at Disneyland, or shrinking it to just a circle around the first island of TSI and eliminating the back island?

Plus, I heard earlier on these forums there was decrease in the chances of a Villains land, no? Crossing my fingers that at least some form of it, a great one, still happens.

Last edited:

Sectorkeeper71

I think people would still like it. I agree it should be the entire land but with alien being redundant to alien swirling saucers that might give them pause, depending on which park gets it.
If it were to go into the studios, I’d want them to sell out and do a whole “worlds of Pixar” area with sub lands. You can tie TSL into it, do incredibles and monsters inc stuff with RSR

999th Happy Haunt

What if the rumored Woody's Roundup ride is a reincarnation of the Western River Expedition (I think that's what it was called??)

A bunch of AA's and sight gags and vignettes of the old west, but it's the Round Up gang and critters from the show in Toy Story 2?

Would some of you get behind that idea? I think it would be brilliant.
Hahahahahaha

Nickm2022

Tell whoever your source is thank you because I love that!

Do Tropical Americas right (with animals and huge scale/theming) plus Moana (Adv L) and Coco for BBT's desert area sounds great! Honestly if they just do that I don't care what else they want to do/announce for this D23. I do want villains land eventually between Haunted Mansion and the rumored Coco area but I'm ok (and hope) if they just confirm Villains land without details, similar to Galaxy's Edge in 2015. Confirm the land is coming, and announce the name and a vague piece of art, but wait a few years until you're ready to announce details.

Side note: I hope with Moana in Adventureland they update the land. Similar to how they updated all of Tomorrowland with Tron. Because I hate the Aladdin stuff in it so much, it's so old and out of place, also a huge traffic jam causer. Plus if they take out the spinner you could make a huge Moana meet-n-greet off to the side where the Aladdin one currently is. It frees up the middle space for planters plus could expand the Dole Whip line from going into walkways. Not to mention anything Aladdin would help the desperate state of the Morocco pavilion in Epcot.

Brer Panther

Please, please, please, please, please, no Simpsons stuff in Disney World...

I have the feeling that if we got a Simpsons attraction, it'd be a ride version of those horrid Disney Plus shorts where the Simpsons interact with Disney characters... y'know, "Plus-iversary" and "Welcome to the Club" and all those. That would be Superstar Limo levels of awful.
Toontown returns?
I actually wouldn't be opposed to this.

eddie104

I think Coco and Moana are definitely coming in some form of attractions.

Villains would be amazing as well but if Disney is not willing to spend money to actually develop and flesh out the idea then it’s unfortunate and missed opportunity.

It has looking forward to D23 to see what actually gets announced or maybe we will find out sooner rather than later.

TheRealSkull

TheRealSkull

But it is another e-ticket that DHS does not need. It needs dark ride omnimovers for all ages. Maters already exists as aliens swirling saucers- would they repeat that? And the dancing cars ride is really lame.

Love the idea of RSR in WDW (despite rain concerns) but not at DHS. Bring villains to DHS.
Don't forget, it also needs a couple boat rides, too.

TrojanUSC

RSR is such a gem of a ride. It's one of the only reasons I go to DCA when I travel to Cali, otherwise I would probably spend all my days in Disneyland lol.

Living in Florida and being able to go to WDW as frequently as I do, I would love to be able to go on RSR whenever I wanted without having to get on a plane. Unlike others on this forum I can see how they can make it fit at MK beyond Thunder, but I would love if they can make it work at HS somehow and include the whole land and not just the ride. If they can find space (animation courtyard/launch bay or part of the parking lot that is rumored to eventually be expansion) and are not replacing anything, this also adds 3 new rides to HS. Desperately needed.

Sure it's a fun ride but does every ride need to be a clone? Like they could come up with a similar ride that fits the tone and theme of MK so much more.

eddie104

I mean that just isn't true? Sure have always been some clones but traditionally they saw value in different attractions at different parks.
Yea the poster got it mixed up as WDW is more the testing ground these days for new attractions as far as stateside goes.

BrianLo

If it ends up not being RSR, what else could there be

I think the real answer to this question and the one that people don't quite want to hear is it isn't actually anything right now.

Much in the same way DAW (WDSP) has had its 'third' phase change many times. There's simply a bunch of empty holder plans and a theoretical place for the next thing to go. But the company isn't biting because Moana seemingly displaced the need.

The plans right now seem to be Moana and Phase 1 of BBTM, which would be Coco. The rest isn't funded and probably won't be anytime quite soon. I imagine they pulled Encanto, looked at their Moana project, swapped it in to MK and then decided it would fit better in Adventureland so the other half of BBTM was chilled.

Which doesn't preclude them from floating ideas at D23. But I'd say it's about as solid as Rise of the Resistance was for WDSP. Which clearly that wasn't solid at all.

SilentWindODoom

I wonder if there's a chance Simpsons in Disney could give us Back to the Future Back...

Cars is still RSR only. Not the full Carsland.

It it comes. Wherever to.

That makes sense, though. Not a huge fan of Luigi's (and they spent a ton of money on putting some sort of ride there--far too much for what it is) and we already have a covered Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

This sounded horrible at first, but I've never once when thinking about not getting the full land thought about the other two attractions. In truth, I completely forgot about them. Would we at least get Radiator Springs with the town containing no other rides, or are we just getting the ride?

Eudora’s last name is infact Rogers. Tiana married Naveen though so likely Tiana took his last name.

I didn't know this was a thing. Considering royals often don't have a surname, it could still be her last name that she uses for business purposes.

Why not build a Villains expansion in Fantasyland?

I mean, it either has to rejoin the park on the banks in front of the Mansion or the thin thoroughfare between its ride building and Small World's. Unless they can actually spread the land out enough that it makes it to where the current Pinocchio Village Haus bathrooms are. But that's a non-zero chance it can be considered an extension of Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom