News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

dreamfinding

Villains as a theme for a land doesn’t work either IMO. I think it needs a wider focus. A land of Enchantment or a Mystical Forest or something. (Names are bad but whatever lol) The land could be about magic or the supernatural, which is found all throughout Disney movies. They could incorporate villains with their powers - Maleficent in a forest, Hades and/or Dr. Facilier in the underworld, which could blend in well with Coco. But you could also have the heroes from those movies and other magical (non-evil) elements - Rapunzel, Alice, Pinocchio, etc.

Why not build a Villains expansion in Fantasyland?

Bocabear

What if the rumored Woody's Roundup ride is a reincarnation of the Western River Expedition (I think that's what it was called??)

A bunch of AA's and sight gags and vignettes of the old west, but it's the Round Up gang and critters from the show in Toy Story 2?

Would some of you get behind that idea? I think it would be brilliant.
Please no more TOY STORY anything... There is way more than enough of that franchise... The Walt Disney Company has hundreds of other ip aside from that to choose from...as long as it is not from 'Wish" what a stinker that was.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have a hard time believing that MK which has always been land-based would just add IP lands to their fold, although DLP did add Galaxy's Edge, so there is precedence. Still I hope they can tie the attractions together to a cohesive land design.

Having a single attraction like RSR makes me believe it will be a new land created.

Toontown returns? Desert?
DLP added Galaxy's Edge? I think you meant Disneyland (or DLR).

easyrowrdw

Why not build a Villains expansion in Fantasyland?
Sounds like space might be an issue. I guess my thoughts on the expansion are kind of an extension of Fantasyland - albeit more explicitly magical. I just don't really think Villains is a good (enough) theme for a land or expansion.

Ayla

I've said it so many times and I know a lot of people disagree, but a full Simpsons' land (the size of GE) is exactly what I want. I want to step into Springfield in a way that feels way more authentic than the Universal's take and I want hilarious and exciting rides. Plus, the food and merch would be so fun. The Universal merch is lowkey bad compared to Disney quality.

It's probably my top want at Disney, cause I (and basically everyone I know) loves The Simpsons.
The Simpson's were the latest and greatest when I was in Junior High. I'm almost 50. They may still be on tv, but they haven't been popular in over a decade.

Purduevian

sure but they couldn't even do it for TBA, I have no faith in what they do now.

We can narrow it down even further thanks to the queue. The attraction takes place in February of 1927.

Didn’t someone confirm we learned Tiana’s last name in the queue? There is a sign with the name “Tiana Rogers”?

Eudora’s last night is infact Rogers. She married Naveen though so likely Tiana took his last name.
Please keep anything Tiana related in the Spoilers thread or tag it as spoilers. I know these are all very minor but I am hoping to go into this ride blind and I thought this thread would be safe.

dreamfinding

But back to the thread - is there any possibility of using Tom Sawyer’s Island/Ft. Langhorn for possible expansion?

I’d really like for them to not fill in the river if possible.

Surferboy567

But back to the thread - is there any possibility of using Tom Sawyer’s Island/Ft. Langhorn for possible expansion?

I’d really like for them to not fill in the river if possible.
To be honest, I don’t really have much of a connection to TSL. Not that I don’t admire its history and everything. Wouldn’t mind it be used as an attraction space.

Surferboy567

Very much hoping that BBTM is Coco (I'm totally cool with a FoP style flight simulator) and phase II is villians. Moana in Adventureland is a must, and I'd be totally fine if Cars RSR came to DHS. Also the hints that Simpsons may come to DHS doesn't actually bother me either.
For me, I’d be most excited with Villians. Then Moana, then RSR. Coco isn’t bad but I prefer Villians.

Surferboy567

I don't think filling the river was ever on the table or even rumored
Brayden (if you want to count him as a source) said that was very much on the table. TSL in his version would become some kind of woody’s roundup attraction. Not sure how much I agree with that theming but the idea of it being used as an additional attraction sounds ok to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom