News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

eddie104

I have been thinking about this for some time now and I don’t think Disney has to close the Rivers of America, but it will need to be rerouted. In addition, the train will need to be rerouted and the queue for the Hunted Manson will need to rerouted for additional room on the walkway.

I took the time to draw what I was thinking. As you can see from the drawing below, they have enough room for 4 attractions and 4 restaurants in areas. It’s BIG.

View attachment 787454

I just can’t wait to see what Disney is actually planning.
This should be their base plan for this area but who knows what Disney is thinking.

Advisable Joseph

I have been thinking about this for some time now and I don’t think Disney has to close the Rivers of America, but it will need to be rerouted. In addition, the train will need to be rerouted and the queue for the Hunted Manson will need to rerouted for additional room on the walkway.

I took the time to draw what I was thinking. As you can see from the drawing below, they have enough room for 4 attractions and 4 restaurants in areas. It’s BIG.

View attachment 787454

I just can’t wait to see what Disney is actually planning.
I think you're putting a lot of stuff into the flood plain?

Last edited:

TheRealSkull

Big Thunder is sort of based on Monument Valley.... which is not very close to Mexico.... About 8 hours by car of 500 miles...... If in fact Big Thunder is in Monument Valley...... lol
Wait...Coco is supposedly based on the area of Michoacan...so that is about 1600 miles from Monument Valley...which means that proximity would mean they could have a Canadian outpost next to Big Thunder...lol though let's face it Adventureland is simultaneously somewhere in the Arab world, The Caribbean and the South Pacific.... So... YES! just about anything makes sense....

Remember, the fact Big Thunder is based on Monument Valley sure makes it sound like the Radiator Springs Racers rumors could hold some truth to them.

DisDude23

Knowing this is the Iger era of the company, will not be surprised when after all this hype and blue sky buildup the first and only phase of Beyond Big Thunder Mountain that actually happens is a IP-themed DVC hotel with a separate park entrance
You know, if they add a Skyliner to it I’ll learn to settle with that.

TheRealSkull

Warming to the idea of RSR ... maybe we could hold out hope for both a COCO attraction, as well as RSR?
Hopefully. A transition from Monument Valley to Santa Cecilia would be smooth IMO.

Let's also hope WDI is smart enough to put the entire Cars Land in instead of just the ride. You would think that the entire land being DCA's saving grace would be convincing enough.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Hopefully. A transition from Monument Valley to Santa Cecilia would be smooth IMO.

Let's also hope WDI is smart enough to put the entire Cars Land in instead of just the ride. You would think that the entire land being DCA's saving grace would be convincing enough.
Let's hope WDI is smart enough to put something else in there that's not just a copy of another land.

Delta-7

I thought some were saying RSR was never a serious consideration, let alone no evidence it was being considered? Strangely, DNSY Newscast has said nothing about it.

bwr827

Let's hope WDI is smart enough to put something else in there that's not just a copy of another land.
I’d love for them to bring the best stuff from their other parks to WDW.

I’ve no interest in a Disney Land trip as long as WDW is an option, and if I’m visiting Tokyo or Paris, places with endless cultural and historical interest, I’m unlikely to spend time in a theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom