News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

doctornick

You’re really missing out on some superior Disney experiences.
But is going to a “better” Disney park worth pursuing over the myriad of actual unique cultural attractions to experience in Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai? I guess if I had a month off and was in France traveling I might go to DLP but if I’m on a typical one or two week trip, DLP wouldn’t find a way into my itinerary- too much other stuff to do there

peter11435

But is going to a “better” Disney park worth pursuing over the myriad of actual unique cultural attractions to experience in Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai? I guess if I had a month off and was in France traveling I might go to DLP but if I’m on a typical one or two week trip, DLP wouldn’t find a way into my itinerary- too much other stuff to do there
I was mostly referring to Disneyland honestly.

Delta-7

And people have been asking for the cloning of the experiencs, especially with the success of Fantasy Springs, Frozen and all. Don't know why people are so against the idea of a cloning of Cars Land or RSR though. I have never seen more people wearing Cars merchandise in the parks recently.

That being said, new experiences would be just as welcome, too. But don't forget the winning formula.
I wouldn’t give a crap if Cars Land was brought to WDW period, but I would not be okay with it part of Beyond Big Thunder. I get the Monument Valley connection, but I struggle to accept the idea of having modern racing cars with faces around the corner from a rustic, 19th century gold mine in which the only semblance of the unrealistic is the trains moving without drivers.

bwr827

I wouldn’t give a crap if Cars Land was brought to WDW period, but I would not be okay with it part of Beyond Big Thunder. I get the Monument Valley connection, but I struggle to accept the idea of having modern racing cars with faces around the corner from a rustic, 19th century gold mine in which the only semblance of the unrealistic is the trains moving without drivers.
All they need is a thematic transition as you walk, denoting the passage of time and advancement in civilized development and transportation technology.

doctornick

Yeah, I’m of the mind that if they bring Cars Land to WDW, it should go into DHS.

Tha Realest

And people have been asking for the cloning of the experiencs, especially with the success of Fantasy Springs, Frozen and all. Don't know why people are so against the idea of a cloning of Cars Land or RSR though. I have never seen more people wearing Cars merchandise in the parks recently.

That being said, new experiences would be just as welcome, too. But don't forget the winning formula.
I don’t have an objection to them bringing Cars Land to WDW. It’s probably one of my favorite lands. I do think *just* bringing RSR fees lazy and cheap and eliminates like most of the charm of the land.

yensidtlaw1969

"Here you leave today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, Fantasy, and KA⚡CHOW"

Chef idea Mickey`=

Unless in WDW's version they make it so you don't and won't see the Cars.. perhaps if where Big Thunder was the back of Ornament Valley and the Cars are actually facing Beyond but still hidden beneath the bedrock so to give that Magic Kingdom scenery remained.

TheRealSkull

Unless in WDW's version they make it so you don't and won't see the Cars.. perhaps if where Big Thunder was the back of Ornament Valley and the Cars are actually facing Beyond but still hidden beneath the bedrock so to give that Magic Kingdom scenery remained.
Yeah if the Rivers of America in Disneyland could hide Galaxy's Edge well, they can do the same in Florida. Especially with all that space.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I’d love for them to bring the best stuff from their other parks to WDW.
Walt Disney World should never be compared to Disneyland resort. There's a reason it's castle park is called Magic Kingdom and not Disneyland Florida. The name World should encompass the most of all The Parks Around The World.

Having Walt Disney World share attractions from the World makes the name WDW best sense and it would never take away from the other parks success or appeal. It could actually do the opposite effect and hence intrigue many guests to want to visit the other parks for having the experience or shared experiences in this Giant resort.

McMickeyWorld

Although I don't like the idea of Cars due to the narrative style of its story, I don't think it is a problem for me because of the "modern" aspect. In the end, it's more likely that Coco is closer to Cars than to the Wild West or Tiana. Even in the movie itself, there is modern technology. If I had to guess, I would say it could take place between the late 90s and the early 2000s (depending on the context of the town of Santa Cecilia, but based on my personal experience, it gives me vibes of my childhood in the 2000s) xd 😅

TheRealSkull

Although I don't like the idea of Cars due to the narrative style of its story, I don't think it is a problem for me because of the "modern" aspect. In the end, it's more likely that Coco is closer to Cars than to the Wild West or Tiana. Even in the movie itself, there is modern technology. If I had to guess, I would say it could take place between the late 90s and the early 2000s (depending on the context of the town of Santa Cecilia, but based on my personal experience, it gives me vibes of my childhood in the 2000s) xd 😅
No denying it, too, Cars Land would be a massive hit in Florida.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Walt Disney World should never be compared to Disneyland resort. There's a reason it's castle park is called Magic Kingdom and not Disneyland Florida. The name World should encompass the most of all The Parks Around The World.

Having Walt Disney World share attractions from the World makes the name WDW best sense and it would never take away from the other parks success or appeal. It could actually do the opposite effect and hence intrigue many guests to want to visit the other parks for having the experience or shared experiences in this Giant resort.
WDW and DL have basically the same number of rides -- with most of them being the same exact ride (with minor changes), or, the same ride mechanic, but with a different theme. So, in that way, the comparison is apt.

However, WDW does have many more non-ride attractions and a more resort-like resort attached to it -- a world fair, a zoo, golf courses, spas, nightly fireworks, etc...

yensidtlaw1969

I don’t know, I’m definitely not interested in visiting Tokyo Disneyland because of all the stuff that’s the same as WDW. I’m much more interested in seeing the stuff that I haven’t seen anywhere else.

Technically that falls under fantasy. Also Cars resembles true American car culture.
Yeah, and Tomatoes are technically a fruit, but Fruit Salad and all that. Cars Land is not a natural fit for The Magic Kingdom.

TheRealSkull

WDW and DL have basically the same number of rides -- with most of them being the same exact ride (with minor changes), or, the same ride mechanic, but with a different theme. So, in that way, the comparison is apt.

However, WDW does have many more non-ride attractions and a more resort-like resort attached to it -- a world fair, a zoo, golf courses, spas, nightly fireworks, etc...
Again, I ask, where was this argument when Galaxy's Edge was announced and no one complained about the cloning of it?

TheRealSkull

I don’t know, I’m definitely not interested in visiting Tokyo Disneyland because of all the stuff that’s the same as WDW. I’m much more interested in seeing the stuff that I haven’t seen anywhere else.

Yeah, and Tomatoes are technically a fruit, but Fruit Salad and all that. Cars Land is not a natural fit for The Magic Kingdom.
It actually is a great fit considering the family friendly appeal and the rockwork transitioning well from Big Thunder Mountain. Especially if the rockwork creates a stunning backdrop for Big Thunder. Wouldn't that fit in better than the current Florida swampland and greenery surrounding that Frontier landscape? Sounds more thematically consistent to me.

James Alucobond

It actually is a great fit considering the family friendly appeal and the rockwork transitioning well from Big Thunder Mountain. Especially if the rockwork creates a stunning backdrop for Big Thunder. Wouldn't that fit in better than the current Florida swampland and greenery surrounding that Frontier landscape? Sounds more thematically consistent to me.
No. Because race cars. It’s not hard to understand why it doesn’t work.

Delta-7

I’m just not into the idea of cloning a ride that is already ten years old as part of an expansion that might not open until the next decade. Besides, we’ve seen how the frequent rains of Florida affect Test Track. Also hasn’t it been implied a few times on here that the solidity of this RSR rumor is questionable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom