News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Door Coaster

IIRC the last thing I read on the DLP forum regarding Avatar was a post a week or two ago stating that Pandora had been ruled out as a possibility for WDSP.
I found one thing mentioning Paris Avatar. Needless to say the link is not going to work lmao.
https://twitter.com//status/1623471769104314368

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'll be honest. I don't get the appeal of Villainsland. I struggle to even envision what it would look like. Is it just dark Fantasyland? If so, what do you do with the non-fantasy villains?
Imo villiansland could be Villians in any movie really (think some MNSSHP characters and then some). Could have a small Villians castle as well, some great Halloween party extra things could happen there too (Halloween horror nights on a scaled back level of course) etc. lots of potential really…moreso than coco, encanto, and zootopia

Brer Panther

I'll be honest. I don't get the appeal of Villainsland. I struggle to even envision what it would look like. Is it just dark Fantasyland? If so, what do you do with the non-fantasy villains?
Yeah, I don't think a Villainsland would really be all that great either.

What would the main ride even be? A ride with scene after scene of a villain attacking the riders? Sounds repetitive.

SteamboatJoe

Imo villiansland could be Villians in any movie really (think some MNSSHP characters and then some). Could have a small Villians castle as well, some great Halloween party extra things could happen there too (Halloween horror nights on a scaled back level of course) etc. lots of potential really…moreso than coco, encanto, and zootopia
Castle still seems like exclusively fantasyland villains. I have always thought, if they wanted to do a "darker" theme, just go all in on Nightmare Before Christmas. Halloweentown is a place that actually "exists" and people would want to visit. A villains ride, however, I could see.

eddie104

I agree it’s such a weird concept that I’m curious to see it brought to life.

Because Bob said they are adding new lands.

You think he’s lying to shareholders?
I understand people having reservations about this sudden shift in thinking.

But why must certain individuals be so negative about something most fans have been begging them to do for awhile now ?

Brer Panther

Castle still seems like exclusively fantasyland villains. I have always thought, if they wanted to do a "darker" theme, just go all in on Nightmare Before Christmas. Halloweentown is a place that actually "exists" and people would want to visit. A villains ride, however, I could see.
I would much rather they add Halloween Town than a villains land.

Skibum1970

They certainly do, I’m just not sure sure EncatoCocoland is = Epic Universe

I sound like a doom and gloom person, which I'm not, but I don't think that Disney is planning anything to compete with Epic. They didn't when Harry Potter was coming and I think that they'd rather clean up other things before working on the parks.

As an aside, an Encanto or Coco ride should go into a new Animation section of Hollywood Studios that could hold other rides based on Disney Studios. MK does not need anything new. I have wondered if they talked about the blue sky location just to gauge reactions and then they can build the ride/rides any place that they would want.

Ghost93

Yeah, I don't think a Villainsland would really be all that great either.

What would the main ride even be? A ride with scene after scene of a villain attacking the riders? Sounds repetitive.
Maleficent's Castle could be like an evil version of Cinderella's castle, complete with a spooky walkthrough attraction and a restaurant inside where you dine with the villains. You can have a Yzma and Kronk roller coaster. A Cruella DeVil car chase ride. Gaston could have a pub. Dr. Facillier could have a magic show, possibly in 3D. The Evil Queen can sell candy apples.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I really can’t see them backing out of Encanto. Is Coco really that popular?
Yes. Immensely. Was the number 1 film of all time in Mexico for a few year.

The only reason that the Frozens, Encanto, and Moana are bigger is the music.

But for being a non-musical (with a few diegetic songs), it is hugely popular. It's presence in the parks keeps growing... the same kind of trajectory of Tiana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom