News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe make that clear as the poster also had "let alone, single films."

It's a relevant distinction for the biz. It's about who does it better, parks design and the fact Iger can't base a land on anything older than ten years. You tried to put Uni down, randomly, and it did not land.
Actually, I was aiming for the "IP always bad crowd" for both parks.

Stupido

If this indeed is moving forward, this would put the nail in the Pecos to Tiana’s Palace, right? Surely they’d be building some form of restaurant in this Coco/Encanto land, and we don’t need two south western restaurants in mk.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If this indeed is moving forward, this would put the nail in the Pecos to Tiana’s Palace, right? Surely they’d be building some form of restaurant in this Coco/Encanto land, and we don’t need two south western restaurants in mk.
Pecos's TexMex cuisine would go to CoCo along with Colombian dishes.

Then Pecos becomes NOLO/Cajun.

Very different.

And MK needs more food service, especially if new lands increase capacity.

Quinnmac000

Coco/Encanto don't fit Magic Kingdom....do they deserve attractions 100% but its not the right place. Feels very much shoehorned rather than organic.

I think the Villians Land is 100% perfect. One of the biggest complaints about Magic Kingdom is its lacking in thrills and the rides are boring. Villians in general could easily allow for some darker, thrilling, and less light attractions to the park.

Bringing fire mountain and bald mountain into the parks there would be great.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Coco/Encanto don't fit Magic Kingdom....do they deserve attractions 100% but its not the right place. Feels very much shoehorned rather than organic.

I think the Villians Land is 100% perfect. One of the biggest complaints about Magic Kingdom is its lacking in thrills and the rides are boring. Villians in general could easily allow for some darker, thrilling, and less light attractions to the park.

Bringing fire mountain and bald mountain into the parks there would be great.
I think Encanto fits well as an attraction for a South America land at Animal Kingdom.

NotCalledBob

I guess this is Josh's time to shine if he takes the opportunity.

Iger has name checked him and said. 'Look I spoke to him this morning. Said we need new lands. New capacity'.

Similar to what he did at the town hall. When he said he was going to speak to him about reservations etc. And then we got that flurry of announcements.

If we read the bluesky presentation at D23 as a 'these are all the things we could do, but that guy over there (Chapek), won't let us', then getting the greenlight from Iger should mean all sorts of great things?

I am hugely sceptical. But, let's see. Benefit of the doubt for now.

But, can we please, please, please ring-fence some capex for maintenance? Please?

Tha Realest

I guess this is Josh's time to shine if he takes the opportunity.

Iger has name checked him and said. 'Look I spoke to him this morning. Said we need new lands. New capacity'.

Similar to what he did at the town hall. When he said he was going to speak to him about reservations etc. And then we got that flurry of announcements.

If we read the bluesky presentation at D23 as a 'these are all the things we could do, but that guy over there (Chapek), won't let us', then getting the greenlight from Iger should mean all sorts of great things?

I am hugely sceptical. But, let's see. Benefit of the doubt for now.

But, can we please, please, please ring-fence some capex for maintenance? Please?
Maybe. But vague promises and platitudes are one thing. McCarthy painted a pretty grim financial picture for additional spending in the US parks in the next FY (Oct ‘23-‘24).

SteamboatJoe

Single IP lands are fine, a lot of them are even really good. They have no place in Magic Kingdom.
I question the investment long term. They lack flexibility to adapt when the IP grows stale and dated. It will also promote studios beating franchises beyond death and creating unnecessary sequels to single films. So its not that I am anti IP, I'm anti short term decision making that leads to long term problems and poor creative output.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I question the investment long term. They lack flexibility to adapt when the IP grows stale and dated. It will also promote studios beating franchises beyond death and creating unnecessary sequels to single films. So its not that I am anti IP, I'm anti short term decision making that leads to long term problems and poor creative output.
I don’t know why we are so focused on lands now unless it’s a broad named land that can be expanded on like fantasyland etc

KingMickey13

So, is this more or less the “plan” for the future additions to WDW:

2023: Tron
2024: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
2025: Moana in Animal Kingdom (since it’s “relatively humble”)
2026: Pandora Expansion w accompanying Disneyland attraction
2027: Zootopia in Animal Kingdom
2028: Coco/Encanto in “Beyond Big Thunder”
2029: Something for Epcot?
2030: Something for HS?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I would take anything past what is already under construction with a grain of (tiana mountain/mine) salt

drizgirl

Translation: No big net new attractions anytime soon after Tron opens.

Fascinating response to Universal's new park.

Tha Realest

Correct me if I’m wrong, but..

2023: Tron new
2024: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure replacement
2025: Moana in Animal Kingdom (since it’s “relatively humble”) replacement
2026: Pandora Expansion w accompanying Disneyland attraction new
2027: Zootopia in Animal Kingdom replacement
2028: Coco/Encanto in “Beyond Big Thunder” new
2029: Something for Epcot? TBD
2030: Something for HS? TBD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom