News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Advisable Joseph

I would imagine that they know people look over every permit they file so they aren’t going to do any permits that would give away the scale (or lack there of) of the project until after an official announcement has been made.
We learned about the permits from an event for the press, in which it was described as comparable to Galaxy's Edge:

"A graphic shown by Iger showed a work area that spans both the waterway connecting the Rivers of America with the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Floridian Place, north of Maple Road."
In https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202404/10139/
Again, from how it sounds to me, I believe this deals with BOH movement to support BBTM and Moana. Unless things have recently been downscaled further, there was to be a good bit of movement here.
Moana would be too far south?

All of this work just to add Soarin' 2.0 and a flume? Wouldn't it be easier just to build the attractions in the work area?

eddie104

I’m in the camp of I don’t really care what ride systems just start building already.

My biggest thing is they actually ADD attractions to the MK.

I understand the initial concept art may have been a little unrealistic however they need to deliver a project on a grand scale.

$17 billion dollars and you can’t come with a concrete plan that adds at a minimum four new attractions?

Fantasy Springs should be the template to look at with the way they optimized their space.
Tokyo doesn’t have the blessing of size that we have so they had no choice.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I would imagine that they know people look over every permit they file so they aren’t going to do any permits that would give away the scale (or lack there of) of the project until after an official announcement has been made.
Water management permits don’t have to show that much detail. They can use overall gross areas to determine what is needed. They’re also not like building permits in that they’re not tied to a specific project. You can get approval for a certain amount of area and then build it over time or not all.

Advisable Joseph

I’m in the camp of I don’t really care what ride systems just start building already.

My biggest thing is they actually ADD attractions to the MK.

I understand the initial concept art may have been a little unrealistic however they need to deliver a project on a grand scale.

$17 billion dollars and you can’t come with a concrete plan that adds at a minimum four new attractions?

Fantasy Springs should be the template to look at with the way they optimized their space.
Tokyo doesn’t have the blessing of space we have so they had no choice.
I actually think it will be somewhat grand, because Disney realizes they need more supply for expected demand.

Our insiders are trying to "protect [their] heart(s)," as one put it, having the unfortunate side effect of upsetting others.

Andrew25

We should expect the Floridian Way project to finish construction sometime late this year in conjunction with the DVC Poly right?

Would Imagine that work will be needed to be completed to accommodate all the heavy equipment/traffic that will be needed for such a massive undertaking.

DisDude33

Water management permits don’t have to show that much detail. They can use overall gross areas to determine what is needed. They’re also not like building permits in that they’re not tied to a specific project. You can get approval for a certain amount of area and then build it over time or not all.
I’m sorry, I wasn’t very clear with what I was saying. Someone had said something about what they think is happening based on the water works permit and I was just saying that we won’t get any juicy information from permits until after Disney actually says what they are doing and then they’ll file building permits and other things that have more specific information.

DisDude33

We learned about the permits from an event for the press, in which it was described as comparable to Galaxy's Edge:

"A graphic shown by Iger showed a work area that spans both the waterway connecting the Rivers of America with the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Floridian Place, north of Maple Road."
In https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202404/10139/

Moana would be too far south?

All of this work just to add Soarin' 2.0 and a flume? Wouldn't it be easier just to build the attractions in the work area?
Does anyone have an image of the graphic the Iger showed? It would be interesting to see exactly where they are working.

eddie104

I actually think it will be somewhat grand, because Disney realizes they need more supply for expected demand.

Our insiders are trying to "protect [their] heart(s)," as one put it, having the unfortunate side effect of upsetting others.
I hope so.

If this project is suppose to be “the biggest expansion in MK history” then it should feel like it.

I’m just a little anxious waiting for more details to be announced about this project.

I understand insiders don’t want to reveal too much info for the sake of protecting their sources.

I won’t be satisfied until the permit is filed to start infrastructure work.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

No major changes to what I've shared earlier, though things do appear to be morphing a bit as they come into focus.

I still expect Moana (AL) and Coco (BBTM) to be the first shovels moving at MK. Still not optimistic on a Phase II. Less convinced of major expansion at DHS.

After a few months feeling like Scrooge McDuck jumping into a vault of coins, reality appears to be setting in.
Three years from now when they finally start to build something after the plans have changed several more times-

8py3rf.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don’t be ridiculous. There will also be a new Joffrey’s location serving Consider the Coconut Lattes (hot or iced!) and Miguel’s Un Poco Loco Cocoas (hot or frozen blended!).
Colombian poser, they call it chocolate! But with a very Spanish pronunciation sho - co - LAH - te.

And they add cheese.

Yes. I said "cheese."

In Disney terms, it'd be 'Lotta Coco Chocolate con Queso.

TTA94

No major changes to what I've shared earlier, though things do appear to be morphing a bit as they come into focus.

After a few months feeling like Scrooge McDuck jumping into a vault of coins, reality appears to be setting in.

Not good cuts are already happening and we are still a little over two months from D23. Bye bye nighttime parade plans to? Lol

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Colombian poser, they call it chocolate! But with a very Spanish pronunciation sho - co - LAH - te.

And they add cheese.

Yes. I said "cheese."

In Disney terms, it'd be 'Lotta Coco Chocolate con Queso.

Yuck, not my for my palet, mine is much more suited for the traditional Xocolatl. Less sugar, more bite.

Horizonsfan

I still expect Moana (AL) and Coco (BBTM) to be the first shovels moving at MK. Still not optimistic on a Phase II. Less convinced of major expansion at DHS.

Skipping DHS expansion seems like the worst decision they could make. That park desperately needs 2-3 more people-eating all-age-friendly rides.

I was in the park last week & it was pretty unpleasant wait-time-wise, especially when something went down. Millenium Falcon was over 110 minutes at one point. That's absurd for early May.

Tangentially, FWIW this is roughly 14 acres. This would track with repositioning the support facilities, count Moana and "BBTM" toward new guest space, and eliminate the need to spend money on RoA or RR. Though I'm not sure how the heck they'd handle parade routing vs guest flow at the current parade step off point :
Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 8.09.04 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom