News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Ghost93

Considering the popularity of Nightmare before Christmas... I'd imagine something in the Villains land will be dedicated to it.
Walt Disney World doesn't do the Haunted Mansion overlay, so this would be a great way to give the Nightmare Before Christmas some recognition on the east coast. And I think, 30 years after it's initial release, it's safe to say that Nightmare has stood the test of time and isn't likely to fall out of fashion anytime soon.

mattpeto

I really hope whatever they are planning at MK includes a 2nd entrance and a likely skyliner station somehow. (Hey it gives them more DVC validation, remember Reflections/FW DVC).

The park is going to be absolutely massive and they can't have one chokepoint to leave and enter.

They also need to make the firework show enjoyable from BBTM in addition to the castle.

Andrew25

I really hope whatever they are planning at MK includes a 2nd entrance and a likely skyliner station somehow. (Hey it gives them more DVC validation, remember Reflections/FW DVC).

The park is going to be absolutely massive and they can't have one chokepoint to leave and enter.

They also need to make the firework show enjoyable from BBTM in addition to the castle.
The Star Wars soundtrack overlay for the Disneyland fireworks tell me they're interested in the concept of offering "different" shows with the same pyro.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
well... the carsland "look" I guess would continue the look of the big thunder rockwork at least instead of transitioning directly into coco/encantoland there

I still don't believe we are going to get confirmation/commitments of all these things coming to WDW in AK, DHS, and MK all at the same time. Some will be announced, others will be blue sky'ed maybe... and then plans might change again (along with budget cuts).

SailorMercury

RSR coming feels like a bait rumor to track down insiders, though my intuition to this is because I don't want Cars in MK (MK is for more old school style IPs), feel like the Coco rumor has more truth to it as its already in Phillarmagic and a woody ride is just the country bears being replaced by toy story rumor again.
Cars is turning 20 in two years, and the style of Radiator Springs is old school. I hate to call out the passage of time, but Cars is old IP now.......

peng

The idea of yet another Toy Story attraction is hilarious. They already have an entire land at DHS plus another Toy Story attraction in Tomorrowland.

I guess I wouldn't put it past Disney, but that really doesn't seem realistic.
Hence why I think its a bait rumor. Disney is dumb enough to do that, but I feel like aside from villains land, the parks leaders (and Iger) want to focus on newer IPs as the additions for Beyond Big Thunder, Toy Story is popular, but it already has representation in multiple parks. The rumors that Zootopia is coming to MK honestly seem more realistic than that as they can reuse a lot of the development work from Shanghai to save costs. Similar reason to why RSR is unlikely to come, Cars on the Road didn't do that well on Disney+ (its showrunner was laid off) and its approaching 20 years now (which makes me feel old).

Also realistically, most of these won't get announced at once, Tropical Americas and BBT are confirmed to be shown off by Disney at D23, but I don't expect anything to get announced for HS near term unless it is something small, like an update to Smuggler's Run or a flat, or the BBT to be going into greater detail, the Tropical Americas will probably the only one we will get a ton of news on.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I still think it's weird to have two Test Track style rides at WDW, especially if there is an outdoor portion. The only way I see them adding RSR to WDW is if the entire thing is indoors. And it is a terrible fit for MK. "Desert Land" sounds really dumb, but unfortunately this seems to track perfectly with what my source told me a few months ago.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
An attraction based on Cars (a terrible film franchise) just doesn't excite me as much as an attraction based on Coco, which is without a doubt one of the best films Pixar as ever done. Regardless, it's quite thrilling to hear the rumor mill churring again for all the parks.

DisneyDodo

The idea of yet another Toy Story attraction is hilarious. They already have an entire land at DHS plus another Toy Story attraction in Tomorrowland.

I guess I wouldn't put it past Disney, but that really doesn't seem realistic.
It feels like Disney is very eager to build Toy Story attractions everywhere except TSL, which they were determined to fill out to the minimum possible degree.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
It feels like Disney is very eager to build Toy Story attractions everywhere except TSL, which they were determined to fill out to the minimum possible degree.
Disney is eager to build Toy Story attractions, make Toy Story films, serve Toy Story food, sell Toy Story merch, broadcast Toy Story football games, etc. Next up, they will be publishing their own Toy Story translation of the Bible.

aladdin2007

I would take RSR any day over zootopia...Our MK is not shanghai and as of late its been getting irritating they have been treating it as such sometimes, zootopia would just be a plop of IP that would be stupid in these areas Im sorry to say. The only thing that tells me no RSR is the weather issue, unless its a different altered version which is highly possible. Aesthetically RSR is perfect behind thunder, its loved at Cali and families would love it here.

If they go with desert land (horrid name they better come up with something better than that) rsr and coco would be a nice extension of thunder. RSR was sounding promising last year, then it got quiet, and now it sounds like its back on again,,,still more juggling will happen probably, but I hope zootopioa is out! please no more toy story either, Im not sold on that,,,it may have been thrown around but I dont think anyone here has heard anything solid on it.

bmr1591

RSR would be good as an addition to a desert area, not a Cars Land, which is what Brayden said. What I do NOT like is ANOTHER Toy Story ride. There is already Toy Story representation in Magic Kingdom and it has an entire land in Hollywood Studios. It's so oversaturated already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom