News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

DisneyDean97

Didn't I read somewhere that Floridian Way would eventually get ripped up to open more space for the expansion since they just built Floridian PL that connects near the fire station and Maple Road.

ToTBellHop

Can you help direct me to where this is sourced from? I just suddenly see multiple threads of people talking about this project and then @ToTBellHop affirming it... but I'm missing what suddenly started it?
The Florida legal drama ending.
1712257883976.gif

JoeCamel

"If" they break ground on these lands in 2025, it's reasonable to expect a 2030 opening. Five years on each land is normal for Disney these days.

Unless this Blue Sky stuff is just more public relations smoke and mirrors. (Something we see a lot from Disney today)
Take a look at the infrastructure required to build back there, I say longer and long after Bob is gone. The times they are a changin' but not fast and not that fast

PREMiERdrum

I posted this in the DHS thread, but it belongs here as well:

We're at a very interesting confluence of timelines here.

The resort has been subject to both under investment and mis-investment for nearly two decades. Iger's "Blue Ocean" strategy has proven to be a failure. Years of trading fewer onsite guests for higher cost per guest have crashed the hotel business, with ancillary damage to the convention, group events, and food services arms. Formidable competition just up the road, for the first time with the prospect of a legit weeklong resort experience.

Even with all that, TWDC leadership needed TWO major external factors to push them to this:

- A real, honest threat against their control of the company, and
- An "excuse" to move forward with site investment, afforded by the negotiated settlement with the state government.

In any event... much of these plans are still in flux, though the lion's share of it is funded and - generally speaking - plots and properties have been settled.

Buckle up.

Last edited:

fgmnt

Take a look at the infrastructure required to build back there, I say longer and long after Bob is gone. The times they are a changin' but not fast and not that fast
One of the reasons I thought this would never get off the ground is because Bob the Elder would have to take the financial hit on all of the infra work but likely would not be around to cut the ribbon. Maybe he thinks it’s that important or maybe he really does plan to die in the chair at this point.

fgmnt

In any event... much of these plans are still in flux, though the lion's share of it is funded and - generally speaking - plots and properties have been settled.

Buckle up.
I’m pretty cynical of the company’s capital commitment to domestic parks over the last 25 years to the point where I would not count on a new attraction happening until the ride building goes vertical. That being said, submitting, getting approval for, and acting on this kind of infrastructure work in MK is a close second. This is a massive financial commitment they will have to turn into productive real estate.

jpinkc

I’m pretty cynical of the company’s capital commitment to domestic parks over the last 25 years to the point where I would not count on a new attraction happening until the ride building goes vertical. That being said, submitting, getting approval for, and acting on this kind of infrastructure work in MK is a close second. This is a massive financial commitment they will have to turn into productive real estate.
Dont forget to consider what they show us and what they actually do........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom