News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Is Floridan Way done? It has to complete to route the canal from Central Shops and allow for the canal to be moved to open up the space.

? They've never needed that path... the Shop dock is to the right of the shops, the same one they use for the ferry. The regular use for the canal on the left is for docking the Electrical Water Pageant tug and barges. Given the lag between refreshes in the sattelite images in Google Maps I'd say it could be ready

1712268540283.png

PREMiERdrum

A couple thoughts:

2 encanto attractions in the future. The question now is which is the ride and which is the show. My money is on an encanto ride at MK and a show at AK. The slot at AK is just big enough for a decent show space plus if they do axe the nemo attraction nearby then it leaves them with a perfect entrance and exit for the show. An encanto ride at mk would fit well with coco though I often wondered if coco would possibly one day replace the current mexico ride. My guess is the coco ride is gonna have some form of 3d element. Overall it should be a very colorful attraction.

If they are thinking about doing villains then Im hoping for a Mickey's house of villains restaurant. It would certainly make for a unique restaurant where each area is themed to a different villain. The menu could be based on different favorite menu items of all the villains. As for rides, I thought about sleepy hollow dark ride rollercoaster but Im not sure if disney is willing to consider something that morbid.

Does this also mean the paddleboat ride and train ride will be getting some changes. This is gonna definately alter the train ride experience once again.

If they are already hitting the gas on this then they must be nearly finished with splash mountain retheme. Will that also mean pecos bills it about to get the axe dropped on its gizzard? Need to know if I should get one last meal from there before it gets the new orleans retheme.
Encanto at AK is a ride, already funded, plotted, and moving forward.

JoeCamel

? They've never needed that path... the Shop dock is to the right of the shops, the same one they use for the ferry. The regular use for the canal on the left is for docking the Electrical Water Pageant tug and barges. Given the lag between refreshes in the sattelite images in Google Maps I'd say it could be ready

View attachment 777117
It is the drainage for the central shops area, I wouldn't touch that muck with your ten foot pole

gerarar

Premium Member
My main concern/question is what will happen to the (already reduced) perimeter firework launchers located in this area? Will they move further north or are they also going to be axed..

#5 (in the pic below) was decommissioned back in 2020 when it wasn't refurbed as park of Project Nugget (DE enhancements), which is also an exact mirror to the other decommissioned launch point at the Tron site. At the time they could have chosen to not refurbish #5 due to the impending future planned expansion(s).
1712269940662.png

With Beyond Big Thunder, #4 and possibly #3 are also now going to be impacted. #3 is relatively new, as it was newly built with Project Nugget. #4 can probably be moved up more north along the road.

Perimeter fireworks haven't been the same at MK since 2019, and it would suck to see it be reduced even more.

Captain Barbossa

I’d prefer they go with the earlier work “Jafar needs glasses” myself, but to each their own
May Need Glasses is a solid movie. I watch it every now and then. But Answers the Census is more in line with my sense of humor, so I like it a smidge better. One thing we both know is there won’t be any attraction based on Aladdin 6: Jafar Checks his PO Box. God that movie is a dumpster fire.

J4546

Ok so today I did some digging, and found this rumor map from Passport Wonderland on Twitter. View attachment 777105I noticed that one of the things on the map is called an “Ursula flat ride.” I then remembered that back in 2021, Jim Shull posted on Twitter this piece of concept art for an Ursula spinner. Note how it says “le jardin d’Ursula” in the bottom right corner.
View attachment 777106
Now you may be wondering why I’m bringing up a WDS rumor in a Beyond Big Thunder thread, but hear me out. There are already rumors that Disney may clone the rumored Lion King boat ride to Animal Kingdom. A villains land is also rumored to be coming to BBT…so if this Ursula spinner is real and is coming to WDS, could Disney be thinking about cloning it to WDW as well to be part of a Villains land???
Seeing that map of possible dsp expansions makes me hopeful for the future. It's kinds like a fantasy epcot with 5 pavilions. I dig it. Hopefully Ursula ride is part of a mostly indoors mermaid space like the mostly indoors lm area in disneysea. Tokyo TLM spot needs to be replicated somewhere else imo

Sectorkeeper71

May Need Glasses is a solid movie. I watch it every now and then. But Answers the Census is more in line with my sense of humor, so I like it a smidge better. One thing we both know is there won’t be any attraction based on Aladdin 6: Jafar Checks his PO Box. God that movie is a dumpster fire.
PO Box just doesn’t resonate with todays kids; why on earth it was ever approved is beyond me

Tha Realest

A couple thoughts:

2 encanto attractions in the future. The question now is which is the ride and which is the show. My money is on an encanto ride at MK and a show at AK. The slot at AK is just big enough for a decent show space plus if they do axe the nemo attraction nearby then it leaves them with a perfect entrance and exit for the show. An encanto ride at mk would fit well with coco though I often wondered if coco would possibly one day replace the current mexico ride. My guess is the coco ride is gonna have some form of 3d element. Overall it should be a very colorful attraction.

If they are thinking about doing villains then Im hoping for a Mickey's house of villains restaurant. It would certainly make for a unique restaurant where each area is themed to a different villain. The menu could be based on different favorite menu items of all the villains. As for rides, I thought about sleepy hollow dark ride rollercoaster but Im not sure if disney is willing to consider something that morbid.
is it bad that I would want to get reservations for the character dining experience at the Villains restaurant before they quickly change course after having traumatized so many children?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So what is that terrible IP idea going to be if Encanto and Coco are going in DAK? And if it's not Villains Land?

I think it's time for me to see if my source has heard anything...
*IF* Coco goes into DAK, it will just be a spinner and a shop.

So, a more extensive Coco ride/land would be in MK.

Other than that, they're still blue-skying it.

DAK is pretty much set.

Teddybearre

Seeing that map of possible dsp expansions makes me hopeful for the future. It's kinds like a fantasy epcot with 5 pavilions. I dig it. Hopefully Ursula ride is part of a mostly indoors mermaid space like the mostly indoors lm area in disneysea. Tokyo TLM spot needs to be replicated somewhere else imo
It would really help out WDS, these expansions are much needed.

On the topic of BBT though, if Villains is going to be one of the lands, I’m worries that the attractions are only going to consist of DLP clones. There’s the Ursula flat ride rumored for WDS that I mentioned, and then there’s also a Villains coaster rumored for the Fantasyland section of the DLP park. If we do ending up getting clones of both of those attractions, I’m WDW gets some exclusive villain attractions well, as it would be a little disappointing if it’s just that.

Last edited:

DisneyNeighbor

Any thoughts on opening up the entire are up to Florida Way? You can add a train station, another riverboat stop and three entrances. One entrance behind big thunder, one along the rivers of America next to Haunted Mansion and if you remove the bathrooms next to Pinocchio that opens up a third entrance to the land. You can fit 2 or 3 lands back there and over a dozen attractions. I know the biggest obstacle for Disney would be the cash! I don't see them doing more and two or three attractions and only using a small portion of the area. I'm sure they will end up wasting millions on shortening the river and removing part of the island. Hey, Disney knows how to waste money!

Attachments

• mk.JPG
    mk.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 77

BrianLo

*IF* Coco goes into DAK, it will just be a spinner and a shop.

So, a more extensive Coco ride/land would be in MK.

Other than that, they're still blue-skying it.

DAK is pretty much set.

The media saw more concept art of the Carousel, so I’m surprised someone hasn’t actually provided more clarification. Was is Coco or wasn’t it? Coco would be relatively obvious if the concept art was laser focused on that one attraction.

PREMiERdrum

It would really help out WDS, these expansions are much needed.

On the topic of BBT though, if Villains is going to be one of the lands, I’m worries that the attractions are only going to consist of DLP clones. There’s the Ursula flat ride rumored for WDS that I mentioned, and then there’s also a Villains coaster rumored for the Fantasyland section of the DLP park. If we do ending up getting clones of both of those attractions, I’m WDW gets some exclusive villain attractions well, as it would be a little disappointing if it’s just that.
The Blue Sky attractions have been aggressive, but I just don't see it happening. Especially not there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom