News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

Universal is impressive. Epic Universe has been very exciting. Universal has the money and the "will" to decide on projects and start moving...and move strong and fast. It even seems that when they change their plans...the new idea is an improvement on the original idea!

Disney?....nope. They waffle and flounder back and forth. Their plans get stuck in INTERNAL red tape and get voted and revoted in Disney committe. They dont have the money and when they DO agree to build something...it's budget DOUBLES mid-way through and then is scaled DOWN before it finishes.

Universals plans right...budgets right...builds right...builds fast and finishes on (roughly) time. Disney does the opposite on everything.

Oh...by the way. Universal is about to get a 10-15 BILLION dollar check from Disney in the next 4 months for their portion of HULU. What do you think that Universal will be able to do with Disney's 10-15 BILLION dollars?

The sky is the limit for Universal and I'm SURE they smell Disney blood in the water. They just go hire Disney's best people and they run full speed.
I wish this wasn't true.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Too many people think that Disney is loaded with money and can afford to build all these fantasy ideas anytime they want. They think that Disney is just being in-decisive or just un-sure of the correct idea to implement.

Then how was Disney able to afford Ratatouille, Cosmic Rewind, Avenger Campus, Arendelle in Paris and in Hong Kong, Zootopia in Shanghai, two cruise ships, and a private island getaway?

The hard reality that too many people (Pixie Dusters)
There it is.

🙄

Chef idea Mickey`=

All I will say is it's ABOUT TIME Walt Disney World has a most impressive new Land of it's kind 1st!

Whether it's the Moana ride, Encanto Land, or Coco, etc

Walt Disney World desperately needs something a gold chain that shows out to the other parks outside Florida. What they've done to Epcot is new but they didn't focus to make Epcot the best park in all Disney World with the redo! All it took for Magic Kingdom to stand out would it claimed the first World of Arendelle which didn't happen!

FigmentFan82

I would sure prefer a Villain's Land over Coco in the Magic Kingdom...A villains land would be extremely popular...
and more in line with what guests want... Certainly more than Coco and Encanto. They own the IP already.... The merch that could be sold would be extremely popular too.
I'm hoping it's not either or. Villains would be fantastic, but I do feel like you need at least 1 more thing to transition over

Bocabear

if you expand from the Haunted Mansion side, no transition is really necessary as far as adding another land...The Mexico and Coco section could be coming from the Thunder Mountain side...Though I don't think COCO Land would be a fully fleshed out land... Maybe an attraction, gift shop and quick serve at most.....While Villain's land could be really fleshed out beautifully and have multiple attractions, shops and eateries...and I think it would be a bigger hit than Galaxy's Edge....

999th Happy Haunt

Villains land could very well have the entire resort’s thesis attraction with Disney heroes battling the villains to save the Magic Kingdom, think SotMK or Fantasmic the ride. One of the things I really like about the Monsters land coming to EU is the main attraction supposedly being a crossover epic with all of the monsters. No doubt Disney would be interested in that concept for their own characters.

Copying? Maybe. Potential? Huge.

Bocabear

If Only.... The Mel Brooks Haunted Hotel slated for DHS never it sadly.... Though that was just a predecessor idea to Hollywood Tower Of Terror....

adam.adbe

Oh...by the way. Universal is about to get a 10-15 BILLION dollar check from Disney in the next 4 months for their portion of HULU. What do you think that Universal will be able to do with Disney's 10-15 BILLION dollars?

Give the money back to the shareholders - they've been pretty clear about that.

cheezbat

All I will say is it's ABOUT TIME Walt Disney World has a most impressive new Land of it's kind 1st!

Whether it's the Moana ride, Encanto Land, or Coco, etc

Walt Disney World desperately needs something a gold chain that shows out to the other parks outside Florida. What they've done to Epcot is new but they didn't focus to make Epcot the best park in all Disney World with the redo! All it took for Magic Kingdom to stand out would it claimed the first World of Arendelle which didn't happen!
I find it really sad that the most popular theme park in the world doesn’t have that one unique stand out attraction.

Disneyland has Matterhorn
California Adventure has Guardians, Cars, Incredicoaster, and Grizzly
Epcot has Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and Guardians
Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller coaster (used to have GMR)
Animal Kingdom has Pandora, Dinosaur, Everest, and the Safari
Shanghai has Pirates and soon Zootopia
Hong Kong has Mystic Manor and Grizzly
Disneyland Paris has Phantom Manor and a unique Space Mountain
Disney Studios Paris has the Avengers coaster (and Rat used to be unique)
Tokyo Disneyland has Monsters Inc, Pooh, and now the only Splash Mountain
Disneysea has a unique Tower, 20.000 leagues, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sindbad, and soon all the rides in the expansion.

What does MK have that’s unique? Hall of Presidents? Carousel of Progress? Laugh Floor?

J4546

I know they arent unique but I consider 7dwarves and Tron unique enough for me because I will probably never see the shanghai park in person and get to experience those things. both of those attractions are pretty swell imo (though i havent ridden tron yet) and you can only experience them in MK or Shanghai.

cheezbat

I know they arent unique but I consider 7dwarves and Tron unique enough for me because I will probably never see the shanghai park in person and get to experience those things. both of those attractions are pretty swell imo (though i havent ridden tron yet) and you can only experience them in MK or Shanghai.
While that’s true, my point is made….they exist at another castle park.

MK needs a few unique big additions.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I find it really sad that the most popular theme park in the world doesn’t have that one unique stand out attraction.

Disneyland has Matterhorn
California Adventure has Guardians, Cars, Incredicoaster, and Grizzly
Epcot has Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and Guardians
Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller coaster (used to have GMR)
Animal Kingdom has Pandora, Dinosaur, Everest, and the Safari
Shanghai has Pirates and soon Zootopia
Hong Kong has Mystic Manor and Grizzly
Disneyland Paris has Phantom Manor and a unique Space Mountain
Disney Studios Paris has the Avengers coaster (and Rat used to be unique)
Tokyo Disneyland has Monsters Inc, Pooh, and now the only Splash Mountain
Disneysea has a unique Tower, 20.000 leagues, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sindbad, and soon all the rides in the expansion.

What does MK have that’s unique? Hall of Presidents? Carousel of Progress? Laugh Floor?

Magic Kingdom
Country Bear Jamboree (is there in Japan?) The People Mover, Carousel of Progress, Best Mickey's Philharmagic
7 Dwarfs Mine Train is the latest of them all

cheezbat

Magic Kingdom
Country Bear Jamboree (is there in Japan?) The People Mover, Carousel of Progress, Best Mickey's Philharmagic
7 Dwarfs Mine Train is the latest of them all
Country Bears are in Tokyo. 7 Dwarfs is in Shanghai. Philharmagic has been in multiple parks…and honestly it’s an outdated 3-d show. Not much to celebrate about.

Yes I forgot the Peoplemover….
But the sad thing is that’s the only unique ride…and it wasn’t unique years ago because Disneyland also had one.

James Alucobond

Country Bears are in Tokyo. 7 Dwarfs is in Shanghai. Philharmagic has been in multiple parks…and honestly it’s an outdated 3-d show. Not much to celebrate about.

But the sad thing is that’s the only unique ride…and it wasn’t unique years ago because Disneyland also had one.
It is the least unique because it is the most replicated. That other locations all essentially want their own copy of the Magic Kingdom with slight deviations is not really an indictment of the park.

Ripken10

Personally I don't think the Magic Kingdom needs "unique" rides as you call it. Most people that visit don't visit the other parks, but if you want to get nit pickey there is a few rides that are unique to the Kingdom. Pretty sure we are the only ones that have Aladdin Carpets. Currently the only one that has Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. Who else has the Barnstormer? Carousel of Progress is unique to WDW. Monsters Inc Laugh floor is unique to WDW. Several rides are also different in the magic kingdom then other places. BUt again, I don't think 99% of people that visit care if they have a unique ride. WDW has plenty of unique rides, and it certainly more important that the other parks have unique rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom