Best souvenir

JESPOOH

Original Poster
Is there a favorite souvenir that you got from DW? I have 2. When I was on my honeymoon in 1982, my husband bought me a gold Oliver pin, the cat from Oliver and Company. It has tarnish on it, but I still have it on my jacket. People are always asking me where I got the pin. It reminds me of the good time I had. I also bought a sweatshirt with a drawing of minnie and my name from the t-shirt design shop they used to have at Downtown Disney. I must have gotten that over 10 years ago. I still have it and I still wear it when it gets cold. It still fits, (yeah).

MKCP 1985

some of my favorites are the glow in the dark frisbee and drink cup from the Sci-Fi dine in restaurant.

Children's meals were served inside the frisbee which acted as the plate and the drink cup came when you ordered certain drinks - in our case it was a milkshake.

they quit serving the frisbees several years ago (cost cutting) and it is even more special to me now that the park name has changed. :)

November Girl

My daughters Pooh Bear Flashlight. She got it when whe was 3, so it must be from about the year 2000. Pooh's head lights up and it has all these super thin plastic strands coming out of his head. When you light it up the strands turn different colors at the tip...blue green and red. Such a great memory seeing her waving this around from her stroller one night at the Magic Kingdom. It still works, and the cat thinks it's a fabulous toy!

BrennaRN

My favorite has to be a tink shoe that my dad bought me about 7 years ago. I don't know why, but I guess because he gave it to me, it just means a lot. It sits right by my nightstand.

Cmdr_Crimson

On my first solo trip I found this great 16" Figment that was fabricated in latex so he looks more like figment from the attraction. It was great deal too at $6.00!

bgoebel

invisable dog leash - FTW
I totally forgot about the invisable dog leash at haunted mansion. I begged my parents for one when I was little and finally after 2 trips, they gave in. That may be my favorite when I was a kid (memories are rushing back). Favorite adult souvenir is the refillable mugs. I use it at home when I need some Disney in my day

Norm The Skull

That is easy

In the summer of 2005 we went to Disney World for the first and only time, (Going back December 2008)
On of the days that we were there we went to Disney MGM Studios and after doing two of the best attractions ever (ToT, R&RC) we walked into the Villans 'N' Vogue store and I bought the coolest cup.
It is a all around hollogram of the disney villans.
I use it everyday.
I might need to buy a new one on our next trip.

I love my cup

DivineMadness7

I started buying postcards from the Art of Disney store on every trip. I make it there once or twice a year and they usually have new ones out every trip. I bring them home, get a decent matte/frame and it makes some cute, economical art.

I don't usually buy a ton of souvenirs. I bought some of the italian charms when those were a new thing. I tend to buy t-shirts because I know they will get plenty of wear. Last trip I bought mickey crocs. I have a few magnets. I just tend to buy more "practical" things. Doesn't mean I don't love the snowglobes, shot glasses, statuettes, etc but I don't usually allow myself to buy them!

A2Mouse

In 1979, I went to WDW with a friend. We stayed in a park view room at the Contemporary (only $89/night). We were exploring the many shops in the concourse one evening, and happened into the men's clothing store. There I found a Mickey Mouse tie tack. I've worn it on every job interview I've had since then. It never ceases to draw attention!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom