best shoes for the park?

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
My husband and I are runners, but I love flip flops. Is Disney World doable in flip flops? If not I can break out my gear but otherwise would prefer not to...

Kaznagan

i see people wearing flip flops often, but for me... i'd rather comfortable shoes with a bit of support - and i can rush around in them!

xracer4844

Personally, I like to have flip flops on too...however I can't wear them all the time or my feet would be destroyed. My last trip, I bought the New Balance m890v4's which were fantastic during the day. They were super light, really breathable, and offered me a lot of support. I'd wear them for most of the day (morning to afternoon).

If I was going to go back to the resort for a couple of hours to change, go out for dinner, and then to a show like fantasmic, for example... and just have a slow relaxing evening, I would wear my flip flops.

I like being able to take off my shoes and wear something like a flip flop in the evening cause it just feel so good for my feet personally. :)

Kaznagan

flip flops (it feels weird calling them that cause here in oz we have a different name for them) are also great mind you for water based rides! (lesson i learnt after going to universal)

Tom

Beta Return
flip flops (it feels weird calling them that cause here in oz we have a different name for them) are also great mind you for water based rides! (lesson i learnt after going to universal)

My mom still calls them by another word...which is a form of extremely small ladies undergarment. Every time she talks about wearing them, I say, "Flip flops! They're called flip flops now! You can't call them that anymore!"

:p

Mukta

I wear Reef Sandy flip flops every day in the parks. I do fine with them, but I don't need a lot of foot support. I feel like I am suffocating if I wear closed toed shoes all day.

buttercup14

I like wearing flip flops to, but wear them at the park all day and you're likely to get blisters on the bottoms of your feet. I'd recommend something more solid, the only advantage of flip flops is on wet rides

Kaznagan

My mom still calls them by another word...which is a form of extremely small ladies undergarment. Every time she talks about wearing them, I say, "Flip flops! They're called flip flops now! You can't call them that anymore!"

:p

Walking into a shop after your 'flip flops' broke and ask for a new pair.... can bring an unique look or two to staff members faces. It may take a day or two while traveling but then boom im in the habbit of calling them flip flops.

the difference amuses me while traveling abroad.

epcotisbest

Would never consider flip flops. No support, not enough padding. I always wear well broke in sneakers with a new pair of gel insoles and usually wear two pair of socks. The extra socks, for me, help prevent blisters, a trick someone told me years ago. Yeah, it's kinda hot, but I'll take hot over blisters.

DManRightHere

My husband and I are runners, but I love flip flops. Is Disney World doable in flip flops? If not I can break out my gear but otherwise would prefer not to...

We average 10 miles a day. I have extremely comfortable reef flip flops I can wear, but there is no support. I have aching feet if I go too many days wothout shoes. Best thing I've found is to alternate shoes and comfy flip flops.

belle717

I always wear running shoes with moisture-wicking socks -- comfortable and dependable. I find flip flops uncomfortable, and I've been rammed by strollers enough times to not dare leave my feet without a little bit of protection.

Scott10

Another vote for Reef sandals/flip flops! I wear them and they have enough support that I am fine at day's end. My wife, however, does amazing at planning and we get a ton done while still not killing ourselves or our kids!;)

mf1972

we wear merrells. usually good support for walking around. DW discovered ON sneakers from that new sneaker store at DT. I ordered a pair online at home. good comfort & balance. good for running & jogging too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom