best shoes for the park?

draybook

My last trip, I bought the New Balance m890v4's which were fantastic during the day. They were super light, really breathable, and offered me a lot of support. I'd wear them for most of the day (morning to afternoon).

I almost bought some of those the other day for our next trip. I have a buddy that runs ultra 50/100's and marathons like he was Forrest Gump so I talked to him. I was about to shell out $100 for some Nike Pegasus wides, but he suggested some Asics GT 2000 2's. I need lots of support for my feet and he said these should do the trick nicely.

Daniel Johnson

We wear Chacos. They are heavy soled (spelling?) sandles. I wore them hiking all over Colorado, being a raft guide, and seeing 38 concerts in one summer...they are great. A little expensive, but, they are great. My first pair lasted me 14 years until the straps finally gave up.

JoeCamel

I have done FFs for the last 40 years so my feet are happy with them. You want the ones with arch support and plenty of sole, the 99 centers are not for the parks. What ever you are comfortable with but don't use the park to try to break in a new pair of anything. You will pay if you do.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Keens.

41GqQntWWvL._SY395_.jpg

Teva

teva-4144-p_01.jpg

Birks

birkenstocks.jpg

SeanWM48

the best shoe i've ever owned for any work or vacation where you're on your feet all day is the under armour mirage. you'd think i worked for under armour or something the way i put over these shoes but i promise i don't. they are well reviewed and popular with police and security type jobs. usually in the $75-85 range. pretty cool looking. wore them in November for the disney trip and will never do another without them
UA1539-Mirage-shoe-p.jpg

Michael Shiels

When I was younger, I only wore Flip Flops no matter where I was. I did an entire WDW vacation wearing only Flip Flops with no problem. That being said, as I am older now...the pure truth is the feet are not as durable as they use to be. Plus, tennis shoes offer much more comfort and support for those long waits and walks around the parks. Perhaps bring your Flip Flops with you in a bag to the parks and change in and out as needed? Either way, good luck!

BOOMitsGeorgia

I wore sketchers go walk the whole time I was there last year, feet got a little sweaty but they were so comfy! I did wear flip flops on a day to AK...bad decision

Bugz

We go to Disney in july most years and I will buy a new pair of light sneakers in april-may and break them in and make sure they dont hurt my feet because we do a lot of walking while we are there and my wife is a runner and we like to see all we can so we are on the go most of the trip, and also i had bunion surgery a year and a half ago (ouch) so good sneakers are a must and broke in before I go.....(makes my feet hurt just seeing people wear flip flops):eek:

JHD721

I usually wear Nike frees, very breathable, during the day when trekking around and go with reef flip flops when I head back into the parks at night.

BigHero4

We pack flip flops in our park bag and break them out in case of rain. That way we can keep our shoes/socks dry for when the rain stops. Otherwise, the wife and I love our Brooks. Very comfortable and light walking shoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom