best shoes for the park?

JohnD

I wear a pair of Merrell Ventilator hiking shoes. Very comfortable and "breathable."
735008-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Mickey_777

Any sneakers that are light and breathable. I used to rock flip flops but it took a toll on my foot bottoms. Can you imagine the heat coming off the pavement in Florida an inch or so away from your feet? Plus you can't run very well when you need to haul and make your FP time.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I find a stout pair of Steel toecapped working boots best for Disney vacations (helps protect against the mad stroller brigade)

6laurac

Birkenstocks (with a back strap to stay on during rides and when the inevitable stroller bangs your heel) alternating with my beloved Brooks Adrenaline with Balega socks.

Weather_Lady

I wear a well-made, ventilated running shoe with moisture-wicking socks in the mornings (when we're really on the go), and after our afternoon nap break, I slip into Tevas for our more relaxed evening itineraries. Switching footwear mid-day helps me stay blister-free.

SAV

We typically do 7 days in the parks and I wear mens sandals, similar to those Teva's pictured and my wife and kids all wear flip flops. The flip flops are the more expensive Nike's that have more cushioning than the cheap Old Navy ones. But they also have worn the Cheap ones and didn't have any problems at all. But I live in my sandals once it is warm enough and don't wear a shoe until it is too cold to wear them.

I could never imagine wearing a full shoe with socks in the Florida heat...YUCK!

draybook

If you want to see people running around bare footed, go during the March 9-10 cheerleading competitions. Not only have I witnessed some of the girls going barefoot, but at least one of them was from our gym. Totally disgusting.

Klpalmer

I were flip flops as well similar to reef but rainbow brand instead they are wore in and I've never had any problems with them but like others have said I dont need a lot of support.

wwgirl

Last trip (4 full park days) i wore my running shoes the first day but my feet were sweaty and uncomfortable so i tried my FitFlops and was I happy I did. I was on my feet 12-14 hours a day for three days straight in my FitFlops and never had an issue. FitFlops have plenty of support but still offer the freedom of a flip flop. Love them.

dreamfinder

Brikenstocks or FiveFingers. One day in my running shoes, and that's because it was about 35 degrees out that day. It's not so much the shoe as it is how broken in they are/you are used to them and what shape your legs are in. Way too many people go to the parks in shoes that they haven't spent 8 hrs a day standing/walking in, so they suddenly find the hop spots in the footwear. Or they aren't comfortable mostly because their body is used to sitting in an office chair for 8 hours, not walking around. Wear something that is sensible (no stiletto's unless that is your daily wear shoe) and spend lots of time standing/walking around in them for weeks (better yet months) before you trip. If your feet are well used to wearing those flip flops so you don't get and friction blisters around the big toe, then you can probably get away with them.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Brikenstocks or FiveFingers. One day in my running shoes, and that's because it was about 35 degrees out that day. It's not so much the shoe as it is how broken in they are/you are used to them and what shape your legs are in. Way too many people go to the parks in shoes that they haven't spent 8 hrs a day standing/walking in, so they suddenly find the hop spots in the footwear. Or they aren't comfortable mostly because their body is used to sitting in an office chair for 8 hours, not walking around. Wear something that is sensible (no stiletto's unless that is your daily wear shoe) and spend lots of time standing/walking around in them for weeks (better yet months) before you trip. If your feet are well used to wearing those flip flops so you don't get and friction blisters around the big toe, then you can probably get away with them.
Thanks, I have two pairs of running shoes that i use daily for running, but then again i'm not running the whole day. One of them is pretty worn out and so I was thinking of just buying some insoles for them and using them at the park. Flip flops are my go to to run errands or to go anywhere really. I guess we'll have to see. I might really just bring them both and see how I do with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom