Best ride they got rid of?

Brad Bishop

Future World used to look like this ounce upon a time in 1989

Yeah, it's Future World. It's a shell of what it was. You basically have SSE and The Land left. The rides that replaced the classics are lame in comparison. You went faster getting to WDW than you did on Tron Track (Test Track wasn't as bad as Tron Track but still not as great as the World of Motion - celebrating all things that moved, not just cars). Mission: Space is lame compared to what it replaced. It would have been better as a replacement to Mission to Mars in Tomorrowland, but, where it sits, it's not as great as what once was there.

I kind of miss Circlevision 360. It was just a neat / unique experience. Yeah, you get the same thing in Canada and China over at Epcot but the one over the USA was pretty nice.

doctornick

Journey into Imagination. I also rather miss Maelstrom, World of Motion (though at least it got a reasonable replacement) and Alien Encounter. Mr. Toad at least I feel like you can enjoy it on the west coast.

Also, a shout out to the block screens in the pre-show at Universe of Energy.

Personally, I don't get the fascination with Horizons. I tended to think that was one of the weaker parts of original Epcot (the choose your ending was the only part that particular stands out to me). But I don't begrudge people who miss it.

doctornick

Toad seems to be doing just fine in DL, and our two Toads were much better. :)

Toad wasn't destroyed because the ride was obsolete, but because Poo was thought the more more marketable franchise.
And to Disney's credit, they were right. Sadly.

True, but the obvious question is "why not both?" There is tons of room at MK that could have accommodated an addition of the Winnie the Pooh ride without using the Mr. Toad space.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
True, but the obvious question is "why not both?" There is tons of room at MK that could have accommodated an addition of the Winnie the Pooh ride without using the Mr. Toad space.

The obvious answer is: "What isn't make us a profit on theme park property?"

If no money will be made off of it, then they'll replace it with something profitable.. Like Maelstrom to Frozen.... Or The Living Seas to Nemo... Unless the space is too small. In which case, you'll get failed makeovers like Tiki Room Under New Management.

Cowboy Steve

There was always something about 20000 leagues that was so great. The subs, the submerge effects (given the time period). Just loved that ride.

I would love for them to being that back and with today's technology it could be awesome.
Yeah I was going with 20,000 Leagues as well! Much of the original Epcot rides...

Brad Bishop

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Skyride at MK. I always kind of liked it from the ground. It wasn't a fear of heights that got me (no problem there) but the fact that it was neat to look at until you rode it and then realized, "Oh, everything's a warehouse." I remember thinking that at around 8 years old.

Of course, others loved it.

Disney.Mike

I loved the skyride also. But loosing it isnt something I give a 2nd thought to.

Body Wars, Cranium Command, and Timekeeper are my big 3.

Adam Snider

Original Poster
I feel like i should have titled this best rid at EPCOT that they got rid of, haha. I only really started going around 2012 so i am fairly new to the parks, i had no idea so much was missing from EPCOT.

Beacon Joe

Since I can't decide I'm going to break it down by park.
MK - Mr. Toad
Epcot - Horizons
DHS - Original Backlot Tour

I can't disagree with this list. Though for me, Maelstrom comes a very close second to Horizons.

A few have mentioned the Main Street magic shop and penny arcade. I miss both of them, plus the small theater that just played Steamboat Willie all day.

When were those three attractions removed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom