Best Moderate

Kerby626

For size and location? Pros and cons

Which one is best for those with children.

We are thinking of Carribean Beach.

primetime52

I personally have not stayed at the Carribean Beach, but my favorite Moderate is the Port Orleans French Quarter. It's very charming and the theme is a bit cooler than the Riverside section of Port Orleans (formerly Dixie Landings). To me the Carribean looks a bit tacky from the outside, but again, I haven't been inside so I can't really judge.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

There is no one moderate that is the best. They all have features that work for different folks. Pick the theme and features that fit your family needs and works best for you.

I prefer CSR because I like having the queen beds, fitness center and its central location. It also offers a spa, sauna, salon, tanning beds, dance club and lcd tv's. Check out my website below for more detailed info.

Upvote 0

snhuff

CBR is nice, just very large. Make sure you look over the map and request a building / village that will be convenient. We chose Jamaica allowing a short walk across the bridge to get to the food court / pool area. The bus service can be a pain due to all the stops, we generally drive to the parks except MK.

We are staying at POFQ for the first time in Sep, we have heard lots of good things and want to give it a try.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If you want something small and quiet, then it's POFQ.

However, if you want a moderate that feels like a deluxe, there's no question it's CSR.

Upvote 0

bebert

We have stayed at CBR, Coronado Springs, French Quarter and Key West. By far the most convienent was French Quarter. We always managed to get a room that was very close to food court and close to the pools. Bus service is slow but, I think can be said with all the resorts. I would stay away from CBR and CS, very big and you will not be close to anything.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For size and location POFQ and PORS will win out. Both CBR and CS are built around a central lake which can make getting around the resort a bit of a hike.

For kids I would avoid CS. Much of the theming will be lost on them and the resort is designed around the convention crowd. CBR has more kid friendly theming in the rooms but it really does not extend past a Nemo themed wall paper unless you get a pirate themed room.

Upvote 0

si23

go for the carribean beach i just got back 2 weeks ago the rooms have just be refurb and look great. i hear people complain about the size but you do a lot of walking in disney anyway. I was in martiqune block 21 and it was a four minute walk to old port royale great beaches and widlife the only complaint i have is i felt the food court at the value resort and gift shop where much better.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

If you have kids Caribbean Beach would probably be a big hit with them - the main pool has a great theme with a nice waterslide and a pirate ship play area for the young kids. I stayed in one of the Nemo themed rooms and as someone mentioned its basically some wallpaper and the bedspread, but its a nice touch the kids might like. The downside as Yoda said is the walking - little kids may not like the distances but there is a resort bus loop you can take and you'll be close to a bus stop no matter where your room is.

Upvote 0

Evil Genius

We're a Port Orleans Riverside family.

We love how the resort is laid out...the size of the rooms...the lush cool feel of the Aligator Bayou section...all of it!

The food court is very good as well and you just can't beat Yee Ha Bob!

Upvote 0

Buried20KLeague

Here's another vote for CBR. We've probably stayed at PORS a dozen times, but on our last trip we tried CBR. It's got by far the best pool/water play area. It was just rebuilt. If your kids will get use out of the pool area, then it's the perfect resort for them.

If they're not pool/water type kids, then it's a push. They're all great.

Upvote 0
We're a Port Orleans Riverside family.

We love how the resort is laid out...the size of the rooms...the lush cool feel of the Aligator Bayou section...all of it!

The food court is very good as well and you just can't beat Yee Ha Bob!

Only moderate I've stayed at was at CS and that was the most comfortable queen size bed I've ever slept on at disney at the time before staying at the Contemp. Contemp is just cool all around lol but yes, I enjoyed CS.

Never stayed at POR, but I have been to the pool there and it's pretty neat! And my bf and I are going to River roost when he comes to visit me here and we're super excited for Yehaw Bob!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Tracey & I stayed at POFQ and felt the value for the buck spent was spot-on. It's a small resort in size so it felt cozy, quaint, and convenient. No long hikes to get anywhere. The laundry room was the biggest we've seen at any resort. Riverside was huge (bus ran to all 4 of their stops more than once). While the twins are babies I can only imagine the necessity of convenience. Maybe branch out to the fun stuff they'll want to play with a little later. Ya know? Either way, I totally applaud y'all for being willing to take 'em on such an adventure. I wish I hadn't waited so long with the boys. It's my only regret.

Oh! Duh! And the French Quarter has all the feel, beauty, & charm of NOLA without the smell, crud, drunks, & icky folks peein' on the sidewalks. You don't even have to flash any b's to get the beads! :lol:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Tracey & I stayed at POFQ and felt the value for the buck spent was spot-on. It's a small resort in size so it felt cozy, quaint, and convenient. No long hikes to get anywhere. The laundry room was the biggest we've seen at any resort. Riverside was huge (bus ran to all 4 of their stops more than once). While the twins are babies I can only imagine the necessity of convenience. Maybe branch out to the fun stuff they'll want to play with a little later. Ya know? Either way, I totally applaud y'all for being willing to take 'em on such an adventure. I wish I hadn't waited so long with the boys. It's my only regret.

Oh! Duh! And the French Quarter has all the feel, beauty, & charm of NOLA without the smell, crud, drunks, & icky folks peein' on the sidewalks. You don't even have to flash any b's to get the beads! :lol:
Best quote I ever heard a guest say while at POFQ......"This place looks just like New Orleans but without that p.e.e smell.":lol:

Upvote 0

Kerby626

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I think we are going to go with Carribean Beach Resort. We thought about the Poly again but the funds just aren't there. We will be renting a car so the issue with buses don't bother me. With the twins being 2 at the time I don't want to deal with the buses and lines of waiting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom