Best Footwear for WDW

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Okay, I'm looking for help figuring out the best footwear for my August WDW trip. I'd like to something that can get wet without problems (so shoes are likely out), but I don't want anything hideous (Crocs are definitely out). Would also like to keep the footwear reasonably priced ($25-80). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MattyFresh

I have gone in just a pair of rainbows.....I am guessing any flops would work. I would wear them to the parks where I might be getting wet. But trust me, the next day you will be wanting a pair of shoes. I didn't have a problem wearing them throughout the day in the parks.....just the day after my legs felt really tired.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
something that fits properly, lets your feet breath, and can dry quickly when wet.
My feet were so bad last year, new walking sandles that rubbed the bridge, that some nights id walk home bare foot. Its a nice walk to the Boardwalk from MGM just watch out for things on the path :eek:

xtimMOOthyx

Okay, I'm looking for help figuring out the best footwear for my August WDW trip. I'd like to something that can get wet without problems (so shoes are likely out), but I don't want anything hideous (Crocs are definitely out). Would also like to keep the footwear reasonably priced ($25-80). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

LOL. That's what I said originally about Crocs, and I now I absolutely love them. They are super comfortable and I wear them almost everywhere now. If you buy them in a neutral color like brown or black, they aren't too bad. You might want to give them a second chance. I used to only wear flip flops in the parks because I hate shoes, but Crocs are a great alternative.

happymom52003

I agree that Crocs are very ugly, but everyone is wearing them at the parks, especially the Mickey ones that they sell there. So if you did go with Crocs, you would not feel out of place. And from what I hear (I have not tried them yet), most people think they are great.

MattyFresh

LOL. That's what I said originally about Crocs, and I now I absolutely love them. They are super comfortable and I wear them almost everywhere now. If you buy them in a neutral color like brown or black, they aren't too bad. You might want to give them a second chance. I used to only wear flip flops in the parks because I hate shoes, but Crocs are a great alternative.

Please for the love of GOD.....do not give into the crap (ummm croc) phase...Guys jellys went out of style in the 80s, why do you feel they need to come back in another form.

Just get you some rainbows and they will stay dry, and you won't have to worry about can I wear these next summer when they have all been disposed of

KnK

I purchased a pair of the croc flip-flop style. I did not find the closed version all that comfortable, but the flip-flops were.

We are Birkenstock wears at our house. I tend to just wear the flip-flops on days I think it is going to rain or to the pool.

tigsmom

add me to the list of crocs converts. :lol: They may not be pretty, but the days that I wore them in the parks (and it rained one day too) were the only days that my feet and legs did not ache. They were better than my New Balance walkers. I've gone out in sandals, flip flops and sneakers and all have left my feet aching at the end of the day.

I bought Crocs before my trip to DL. I had to visit the store about 10 times before I bought them (just couldn't get over the look of the shoe). They definetly are not cute shoes, but they are very comfortable. I bought them in black so that they don't stand out to much.

I wore them everyday that we were in DL and for about 8 hours of walking the hills of San Fransico. I had no problems with them at all!

Jim Disney

Personally, I don't understand the thing with Crocs. They just don't look like they could be compfy. My own personal choice if I'm going to be on my feet all day, every day for a week or so at WDW are Nike Free 5.0 shoes. Just the right amount of support, but they're flexible and probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned!

KevGuy

I used a combination sneakers (Nike Shox) and Teva Terra-Fi sandals. The Nike's are the best sneakers I have ever worn and the sandals as well. :sohappy:

tigsmom

Personally, I don't understand the thing with Crocs. They just don't look like they could be compfy. My own personal choice if I'm going to be on my feet all day, every day for a week or so at WDW are Nike Free 5.0 shoes. Just the right amount of support, but they're flexible and probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned!

I was the same way! I had seen people wearing them and looked at them in the stores. :hurl: The material felt weird to the touch. I finally decided to try on a pair at WDW and gave in because my legs/feet were killing me (wdw was the final stop of Spring break and I had a medication/sun reaction). I wore them around the resort and then to the parks and was in heaven! I wear them everyday now (I have the black ones with the red strap) and don't have a problem at all.

WildcatDen

I am close to getting on the Croc Band Wagon. Still pretty ugly piece of footwear. Looks okay for kids, but an adult male?

:lookaroun

What is the rule for wearing socks with Crocs?

Black ones

Oohhh or Support Hose :sohappy:

enough

In my opinion Keen makes the best Disney shoe - plenty of support, great toe guard, water friendly, dries fast and very comfortable.

985-124397-p.jpg

You can find them for around $60 a pair if you hunt - you really shouldn't put a pricetag on comfort though...

Disneyfalcon

I don't own a pair of crocs myself but my kids love them. I will say that do not buy knock offs! They are not as comfortable! (My sons fit me, so I have tried them out, only briefly of course:lookaroun )

stitchtastic

In England the Croc Cayman is £30 that's nearly $60 and I've just ordered a pair of the Athens flip flop for £25, but comfort is worth the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom