Best Downtown Disney Restaurant

VoiceGuy07

What do you guys think is the best place to sit down and eat at Downtown Disney? That includes the best food, service, and atmosphere. Trying to decide where to eat when we come down.

Good one! I think Raglan Road is the best place to eat at DD currently. Great bar and great food! I also really like the food at House of Blues and their bar is great. Typically, since I head off on my own in the evening, I appreciate a great bar with friendly bartenders!

While I like Planet Hollywood's food, the service is hit or miss and isn't always great.

pacochran

We like Ragland Road probably the best. House of Blues wasn't bad either. Thought Planet Hollywood was over rated and expensive Hamburger Joint. Tried TRex this year to us better than Rainforest, but a little loud. Have eaten at Portabella, which was good, but not since they've made the change.

sweetsugar

would you advise making ADR's for T-Rex? what do u think the chances are of getting a res? as we are off to wdw in 5 wks. we have booked all our other restaurants but have just found this. Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
would you advise making ADR's for T-Rex? what do u think the chances are of getting a res? as we are off to wdw in 5 wks. we have booked all our other restaurants but have just found this. Thanks
Make ADR's for any restaurant that will let you make them.

DizneyPryncess

You can make priority seating at T-Rex, but call them directly. They aren't technically owned by Disney so you can't call them through Disney. They said they didn't take reservations, but that priority seating would get me the next available table when I arrived. (How is that any different? I don't know.) We were seated right away.

My favorite for food is Portabello's, my favorite for environment is T-Rex, my favorite quick service is Earl of Sandwich.

Nicoal13

We loved Raglan Road. The food was awesome and loved the atmosphere too.

Try the smoked fish appetizer. Can't remember what it is called.

Trex was good too, but similar to Rainforest.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Capt'n Jacks would be my initial choice, but we haven't been there the past few times we've been to Downtown.

We had the WORST experience at Raglin Road, and we will never go back there.

I prefer to eat at one of the resort restaurants (Cali grill, Kona, etc...) and then go to Downtown for Ghirardelli's and splurge on ice cream...usually a triple scoop of Kona Coffee in a plain waffle cone...

sueuk

Capt'n Jacks would be my initial choice, but we haven't been there the past few times we've been to Downtown.

We had the WORST experience at Raglin Road, and we will never go back there.

I prefer to eat at one of the resort restaurants (Cali grill, Kona, etc...) and then go to Downtown for Ghirardelli's and splurge on ice cream...usually a triple scoop of Kona Coffee in a plain waffle cone...
We've never eaten in Capn Jacks and were planning to this year - what's wrong with it? By the way I love your avatar, is it a David Willardson pic? We have 'Minnie Driver' by him.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
We've never eaten in Capn Jacks and were planning to this year - what's wrong with it? By the way I love your avatar, is it a David Willardson pic? We have 'Minnie Driver' by him.

Oh there was never anything wrong with Capt'n Jacks...we just haven't been there in a while. THey have descent food. We just like going to Cali grill alot, and Narcoossee's, and Jiko, etc...

wdwfan100

We have not been to DTD much since the AC closed. Prior to that though we totally fell for Raglan Road. Food is good and the beer is cold. Yummy

Daddymouse

Looking forward to trying Raglan Road. I can't comment on most of the places but the few I can are as follows:

Planet = Great atmosphere, mediocre service, food okay
Rainforest = Same as planet add long waits for food. DD loved the bathroom. She visited often when she was 8.
Bongos = good service, okay food
Wolfgang = Bad experience tried to order 3 items on menu and was told they were out. This included that days manager's special. It was early when we went. When we did order the food was lackluster at best.:(

CinderellyKelly

My fiance and I lovvvvee Wolfgang Puck's Table service restaurant at Downtown disney. We love the express as well!

At the Table service, you should definitely get the Meatloaf. It was SO good!

slappy magoo

Not only is Raglan Road awesome, they once did us a big solid.

Back in December, there was a night where my wife and I planned to take our sister and her husband to Raglan Road. My mom was staying offsite with my sister & her family. Mom and Sis's kids came to Saratoga to watch my little Slapperina so Slappette & I & my sister and brother in law could have a "grownup night out." We really chatter up Raglan Road to my sis, having been there before. so she was psyched to go. We had a pleasant walk over to DTD, got seated right away. Then we got the phone call. You could hear Slapperina screaming bloody murder while my mom apologized profusely, she just doesn't know what wrong. We were pretty sure there was nothing seriously wrong, just Slapperina out of sorts. But we decided not to take chances. Slappette and Sis went back right away. We already ordered, and I explained to our server what our problem was. They put a rush on all the food and crated it so we could take it back to the room, quickly got us out the door (and it wasn't a busy night, so it wasn't like they needed to turn the table over). They just understood our plight. Gave us extra large desserts, knowing there'd be extra kiddie mouths looking at our cakes. It's on our list of must-go's, can't recommend it more highly.

alecshawn

Well, we like the rainforest cafe.
But, really, McDonalds cant be beat for a good fast cheap meal.
Its kinda of refreshing to spend so little on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom