Best day - ahem, WEEK - ever! Blue skies and sunshine, guaranteed! ( A May 4 - 11 trip report)

Less than 12 hours ago I stepped off of my return flight from Orlando to a rainy, dreary Providence. After picking up one dog from my parents' house, returning home to our other dog and maybe a quick nap that I snuck in, I'm ready to start my trip report!

When did we go? May 4 - 11th! Where did we stay? Caribbean Beach Resort! Who are we? Jess and Rich, happily married for 5 1/2 years residing in Massachusetts with our two furkids, Blitzen and Belle! Halfway through the trip we were joined by cousin and her husband, Crystal and Erik, along with Erik's cousin Amanda and her fiance Mike and their friends Celina and Brad. Along with a few friends we met up with along the way. Why did we go? Because we wanted to!

Saturday, May 4th
My alarm went off nice and early at 3:00 am. I had also set it for 3:01, 3:02, 3:03, 3:04 and 3:05 - just in case! But I woke up right at the first alarm, shut off the rest of them and hopped in the shower and got ready to go. I woke Rich up at 3:45 so he could get himself together and get the luggage loaded into the car. We got on the road at about 4:15 heading to the airport with a stop at the ATM first. About 2 1/2 miles down the road the check engine light came on in Rich's car. We decided the best thing to do would be to turn around, switch the luggage in to my car and take that. After transferring the luggage and stopping at the ATM, we were on our way to TF Green.

Packing up the night before.

D1-1_zpsb7c2418d.jpg

We parked the car at about 5 am and took the shuttle to the airport from the long term lot. Check in and security took us a whopping 15 minutes to get through, if that. We headed down to gate 21 to wait to board our flight. The sun was shining and it was going to be a great morning for flying!

D1-2_zps7aa0a104.jpg

We ended up landing about 25 minutes early and headed straight for the Magical Express. Wow was it ever crowded! The lines were crazy long! But they moved quickly. About 20 minutes later we were on our bus heading for Caribbean Beach. It was rainy and foggy in Orlando. I checked the weather and it was set to clear out shortly.

30iernq.jpg

We arrived at the Custom House at Caribbean Beach after first dropping off guests at the Beach Club and the Boardwalk. I did my check-in online so it was pretty quickly that we got through. The Custom House was very busy. Lots of people checking in and out. A lot of people there for the Everest Challenge and cheering competitions. I was starting to get nervous that we had picked a bad week to be there, but later that day my worries subsided.

Our village for the next 7 nights would be Barbados. We were in building 14, room number 1427. It was a first floor room with an adorable little courtyard area right outside our door. While waiting for the internal bus to come pick us up we realized building #14 was right across from the Custom House and we could walk over. So walk we did! Our room was ready thankfully, so we dropped off our stuff and headed to Old Port Royale for some lunch. It was now about 11:30 and I was set to meet Kingdom Camera Rentals at 1:00 to pick up a lens I rented. I got a text from them saying if I could meet earlier they were in the area! They met me at Old Port Royale about 15 minutes later with a beautiful Canon 10-22mm lens to use. I was just as excited to test out the lens as I was for the trip itself!

It was still spitting out but there were breaks of blue sky starting to show and they looked promising. At 1:30 our Alamo shuttle came to pick us up so we could go get our rental car for the week. We were given a 2012 Chevy Impala. Nothing fancy, but it worked and it was comfortable!

Some pictures from strolling around the resort...

Rich looking for turtles...
D1-3_zpsd189d03b.jpg

D1-4_zps0cbdbbd9.jpg

D1-5_zps0b291f8d.jpg

D1-6_zps1a93e382.jpg

Once we got our car, we headed right over to the Magic Kingdom! We stopped at Guest Relations to get our tickets from will call. It was then I realized I'd left the papers back in the room. Thankfully I was able to retrieve the confirmation numbers from my phone. After getting our tickets we headed through the gates and we were home sweet home. This was about the point the clouds really started to break apart and the skies were getting bluer!

D1-7_zps328c39ab.jpg

D1-8_zps45303796.jpg

The first stop at MK was to get Rich a taco salad. We had an Ohana reservation for later that night (9:20 pm) and Rich had really wanted to try one. We both got a taco salad from Pecos Bill's. It wasn't horrible. But it isn't something I'd write home about, either.

D1-9_zpse0989efe.jpg

Our next stop was Haunted Mansion. We walked on. This was when my fears of the crowds being crazy started drifting away. For a Saturday it was quite calm at Magic Kingdom, and it would only get better later in the week!

Trying on some hats on our way over to HM

D1-10_zps743d8fae.jpg

Looking good, hunnie!
D1-11_zpsca892b28.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Finally got to read the end of this! :) Super bummed you had the off night on the last night :( But at least it was a really good trip and you had a great time!

I need to get on my report......oops...... :D

Loved reading your trip report. Your pictures were gorgeous and they brought me back. I've only flown out of Logan, but I'd be curious to try it out of TF Green.

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Loved reading your trip report. Your pictures were gorgeous and they brought me back. I've only flown out of Logan, but I'd be curious to try it out of TF Green.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the report :)

We're in SE Mass, about 30 minutes south of Boston and 30 minutes east of Providence. It's about the same amount of time to get to either airport (without traffic), but TF Green is so much smaller and easier to fly from. And we are loyal Southwest fans, and often times it's a little less expensive to fly out of Green. You should try it!

Dan.W

We stopped back at the resort before heading to MK EMH that evening. Rich grabbed his jacket and I changed into a cardigan. It was getting to be chilly!

We parked at T&TC and took the ferry over to Magic Kingdom. The sun had just about set. It was beautiful.

i-m6tWnPv-L.jpg

More Facebook photos!
i-vZJjrcJ-L.jpg

It was a busy time on Main Street while everyone found their seats for the parade.

i-p42LVBT-L.jpg

I want everything in this store.

i-CzMXrTW-L.jpg

We stopped in Uptown Jewelers to look at the Dooneys. Nothing that caught my eye.

i-9J3cvfj-L.jpg

One of my favorite places in all of the Magic Kingdom...

i-PdLCS3q-L.jpg

We made our way over to Adventureland. I stopped and got a Dole Whip Float. Yum!

The next stop was The Jungle Cruise. We walked on, yay! Our skipper, Dan, was amazing. He was a hysterical and made the whole cruise so much fun. I made sure to let him know after that it was the best JC trip I'd been on to date.

i-tNFVd7x-L.jpg

After the Jungle Cruise we went on Magic Carpets of Aladdin. It was the last and final attraction in the Magic Kingdom that I had never done. I'm not a fan of continuously spinning rides, but there was no wait, so I figured why not? Well I learned that I cannot handle even the Magic Carpets. I wasn't extremely sick, but it was enough to make me feel a bit woozy for quite some time. I'm a wimp. We walked on Pirates of the Caribbean after that. We actually had the entire boat to ourselves which was pretty cool.

Hi @Disney_Belle!

This post I know is from long ago in 2013, and it's now 2020. But I am the Dan that was your skipper that night! I found this post a few years back after trying to find a picture of myself on my Spring 2013 College Program and had screenshoted it. A friend group of mine on instagram has been recently posting pictures of our costumed days at Disney, and I still had the screenshot and posted it to the group! I just did a quick google search and found this post was still up. I just wanted to reach out and say I'm honored and it makes me so happy to know that my cruise that night helped make your trip fantastic! I think back a lot on my CP and miss my time as a Skipper and always think it would be fun to go back and work one more day if I could! The picture you had with the article doesn't seem to show up anymore, but I still have it saved in my screenshot I took, and its actually one of the few photos I have of me working at Jungle. I was so happy to find there were some pictures of me out there during my CP, so thank you!

All the Best,
Dan W.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom