Best attractions after dark

Matt and Kelly

I second Big Thunder Mountain at night. I also enjoy Splash at night especially when the fireworks are going off.

My two favorite rides when the sun goes down. You're right, seeing the fireworks while riding Splash is a very cool experience.

I'll also agree with Kev that Tower of Terror is a lot of fun in the dark.

Huglife

Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids are both awesome at night. It's a shame there are no more evening EMH at AK.

Blackburn23

Jungle Cruise without a doubt!

The skippers get better and better as it gets later. The jokes are funnier and they get into it so much more. Its probably pure exhaustion at that point, but this ride goes from an 8.5 to an 11 after the sun goes down!

Dont make fun, but i also think Norway is great at night! The part of the ride that backs up to the outside looks really pretty at night.

baymenxpac

The skippers get better and better as it gets later. The jokes are funnier and they get into it so much more. Its probably pure exhaustion at that point, but this ride goes from an 8.5 to an 11 after the sun goes down!

Dont make fun, but i also think Norway is great at night! The part of the ride that backs up to the outside looks really pretty at night.

i actually totally get the norway thing. that's a very good call!

i was also taken aback at just how gorgeous future world is at night when i was there in august. it had been a while since i spent any time at night there and when it's all lit up, it's beautiful.

rkelly42

There are a lot of great rides after dark, some of my favorites are ToT, JC, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Everest, just to name a few.

a2grafix

Two rides after dark are sweet - Big Thunder and Expedition Everest.

Riding Big Thunder at night, at both WDW and Disneyland is an experience.

Before Disney nixed the extended evening magic hours at Animal Kingdom, Everest after dark was awesome. Inside of the mountain was much darker, and when you leave the station and round through the foliage before the big lift hill, is quite a rush.

Another ride at night would have to be Test Track and the rush of flying at 65 mph in the hot Orlando night. Test Track reminds me of some of the stronger roller coaster rushes I usually partake in at night at home in Ohio - Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, Millennium Force, Magnum XL-200, Diamondback, Raptor, The Beast.

Lastly, the Jungle Cruise, both at WDW and Disneyland, are quite special after the goes down. The darkness adds to the mystery of the cruise. Kungaloosh!

a2grafix

The skippers get better and better as it gets later. The jokes are funnier and they get into it so much more. Its probably pure exhaustion at that point, but this ride goes from an 8.5 to an 11 after the sun goes down!.

Totally agree. I remember one line about the flora and fauna, the skipper's best foliage / plants. ..."Up there is the hibiscus, and down there, is the low-biscus, and down there around the water, that's the Sea-biscus."

Awesome joke!

ssnyder4

I know this sounds silly and it won't apply right now because it's closed, but I love riding Goofy's Barnstormer at night...it is fun during the day but at night you get quick glimpses of the castle and then you're quickly jerked in a different direction...plus the veggie garden is so cute.

Scuttle

Is it very well lit or is it dark and mysterious?

I can't remember exactly, but I think the track remains dark and the rest of the mountain and scenery are well lit. Regardless it is a great experience that everyone should experience it atleast once. I'm going to try for a night ride in late December.

elfshadowreaper

The first time my wife rode Pirates of the Caribbean it was nighttime. She thought we were outside in the scene where the pirate ship is attacking the fortress. It really amazed her that it could look so much like we just got transported to a huge open area in the middle(well...maybe not the middle) of the Magic Kingdom. I had never really thought about that scene, but they really do an awesome job of making you feel like you're outside and there's nothing around except the ship and the fortress.

I've also always LOVED like the Mexico pavilion. I can't say I've been inside at night, but the atmosphere(lighting, colors, scale) of the pyramid/ride area is amazing. I love theming like that where I feel like I'm in a small scale replica of some location.

JIMINYCR

First choice is definitely Tower of Terror. The darkness just adds to the creepiness and feeling of doom while making your way through the line as you approach the entrance of the hotel. Then as the elevator continues to open briefly for the view of the park before the drops its exhilirating.
Second choice is Splash Mountain. Going on the ride having glimpses of the lit up castle in the distance, the evening parade going on in frontierland and finally experiencing the drop in the dark, what a rush!!!

diddy_mouse

First choice hands down is Big Thunder. It feel so much fast and riding in the back car is just icing on the cake! We always hit Big Thunder and Splash back to back, almost saving the best for last on our nights at the MK.

Another favorite I have is Haunted Mansion. I don't know why but walking up to the mansion at night just gives it such a creepier air. It's also cool exiting the queue into a dark Liberty Square. This feeling is multiplied on MNSSHP nights! Love it!

fractal

First choice is definitely Tower of Terror. The darkness just adds to the creepiness and feeling of doom while making your way through the line as you approach the entrance of the hotel. Then as the elevator continues to open briefly for the view of the park before the drops its exhilirating.
Second choice is Splash Mountain. Going on the ride having glimpses of the lit up castle in the distance, the evening parade going on in frontierland and finally experiencing the drop in the dark, what a rush!!!

Agreed -
ToT was meant to be ridden @ night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom