Being a Disney Influencer

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have zero connection to them, or any Disney influencers, but I don’t find DFB like that at all.

DFB is one of the least click-bait Disney sites I have seen. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Disney Dining which is ITM level click bait?
My feeling about Disney Food Blog and Disney Dining is, hey, y'all both "started out" being about Disney/WDW FOOD yet quickly were posting about all.park things and not just food...yeah, no.

#imposters

donaldtoo

You should go check out the RTV1 page on Tattle. They’d disagree strongly with that characterization

Yea, I’m not gonna’ comment on their character, but I enjoy them sometimes, and sometimes they annoy the hell outta’ me. But, I don’t watch them nearly as much as I used to.
Pretty sure he’s still a full-time school music teacher, and although she used to work retail, I’m pretty sure their channel (plus her and her husbands channel) has been her full-time gig for a while now.
They were smart (or lucky) to get in on kinda’ the “ground floor”, as there are way too many “influencers” (the term still makes me ill) now.
I’ll be watching one stream and they’ve got 2.5K+ watching, and another streamer has 43 watching…!!!!! :hilarious:
That, of course, can also very much depend on which channel is streaming when, and up against what other channels.
They’re all just practically tripping over each other now, and it’s pretty much lost its luster for me.
The other thing is the parades…they’ll stream the parade from one location, and then hustle to catch it again further down the route…I really don’t need that much damn parade that I’ve already seen umpteen flippin’ times…!!!!! 🤪🤣🤪
At this point, it just seems to all be getting a bit over-saturated, IMO.
Too many seem to think they can just move to central Florida with a new smartphone and a gimbal, with their own “special” twist, and suddenly become an “influencer” star. :greedy::rolleyes:

Chef Mickey

Every Disney "influencer" I see is worse at park strategy and less knowledgeable than me. Basically, I've been more times and know more than them. I'm not trying to flex, but it's the truth.

Problem is in today's world, people think they are experts because they did it once or read something online. Look at Podcasts. You give people a platform and they think they know. Others think they know and the cycle continues.

People boil down complex subjects into small quotable statements or a 30 second video.

"Let me tell you why your company's 401k is a scam."

"I'll show you how to do Disney for half the cost and no lines."

"Forget everything you thought you knew about real estate."

Everything is for likes and views...and free stuff. Nothing is real.

bwr827

My feeling about Disney Food Blog and Disney Dining is, hey, y'all both "started out" being about Disney/WDW FOOD yet quickly were posting about all.park things and not just food...yeah, no.

#imposters
DFB is well-rounded but definitely has a strong food focus. Anyway, they’re the channel my kids choose the most when we’re getting ready for a trip.

LindseyDisney

Original Poster
I've been enjoying reading everyone's posts.

Regarding DBF Guide, I think it's an excellent channel if you're new to Walt Disney World and know very little about it, or if you haven't visited in a while. I also like their festival videos, where they review all the festival food items. This helps me prepare a list of items I want to try. However, if you are a seasoned Disney veteran or a regular consumer of Disney influencers, their channel might seem clickbaity. But it is quite beneficial for those who don't have this information. It may be clickbait to us, but to a newbie, this may be vital info for them.

When I first started watching Disney influencers, DBF Guide was one of my first channels. However, I eventually moved on as I gained more knowledge and experience in the parks.

bwr827

I've been enjoying reading everyone's posts.

Regarding DBF Guide, I think it's an excellent channel if you're new to Walt Disney World and know very little about it, or if you haven't visited in a while. I also like their festival videos, where they review all the festival food items. This helps me prepare a list of items I want to try. However, if you are a seasoned Disney veteran or a regular consumer of Disney influencers, their channel might seem clickbaity. But it is quite beneficial for those who don't have this information. It may be clickbait to us, but to a newbie, this may be vital info for them.

When I first started watching Disney influencers, DBF Guide was one of my first channels. However, I eventually moved on as I gained more knowledge and experience in the parks.
What channels did you move on to? Which do you like best?

DisneyHead123

DFB is well-rounded but definitely has a strong food focus. Anyway, they’re the channel my kids choose the most when we’re getting ready for a trip.
Also like them because AJ will talk sometimes about being a “super sensor”. I don’t think they’ve ever done content that focused exclusively on planning a sensory friendly park day, but they’ll mention things here and there and it makes me happy to hear from someone who has dealt with that. With the family vlogs, it feels like it’s picturesque families taking their perfect children to Disney and having a perfect day at the parks and any difficulties are mild enough to be fixed with advice like “take water breaks!” AJ’s anecdotes about her son eating only one park food on certain visits are way more relatable to me. And she has talked about how as a kid she didn’t like some rides like Figment due to the puff of air (I had no idea why that ride terrified my son and that turned out to be the reason, the air puff never occurred to me,) or she just couldn’t do restaurants with fake thunderstorms. Again, just more relatable for me than the family vlogs where the kids ride everything, eat everything, and sit politely waiting while their parents vlog.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
ITM has just become a parody site for a good laugh. Since Ricky sold up it’s just gone down the journalistic toilet.

Because everything they post is clickbait. Theyre always posting a ride is closing for good, and then the actual article has nothing about that in it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Every Disney "influencer" I see is worse at park strategy and less knowledgeable than me. Basically, I've been more times and know more than them. I'm not trying to flex, but it's the truth.

Problem is in today's world, people think they are experts because they did it once or read something online. Look at Podcasts. You give people a platform and they think they know. Others think they know and the cycle continues.

People boil down complex subjects into small quotable statements or a 30 second video.

"Let me tell you why your company's 401k is a scam."

"I'll show you how to do Disney for half the cost and no lines."

"Forget everything you thought you knew about real estate."

Everything is for likes and views...and free stuff. Nothing is real.

It's also very formulaic. I welcome the ones that try something fresh and different. Or at least don't just repackage content that another vlogger has already covered.

It's the old addage: "Once one vlogger covers the new cupcake, then every vlogger covers the new cupcake."

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The key is to identify a niche that no one else covers.

Stay tuned for my “Fun Spot Vlog”

Coming Soon!

Imma be printing money. I wonder if they have a cupcake.

Vclguy90

I was thinking about this the other day; being a Disney Influencer must be a tough job. They must have a real passion for Disney and the parks. I love Disney, but I need a break between my trips. I will wait 1 to 2 years before stepping back into the parks. And usually, by the end of my trip, I am excited to go back home and live as a hermit, far from society..
Fair. After every day of work I need about a year to two away from the office as well so I feel your frustration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom