Being a Disney Influencer

Ayla

Tough job? Not when you think about what really drives an 'influencer". It is my opinion these people are driven by an insatiable narcissism that manifests in thinking everyone cares at all what they think. Of course, the truth is a lot of people do in fact care what a few of them think lol. If you really go down the rabbit hole, there are a ton of them that have very few views. It ultimately is just a dance in a small spotlight. ...and probably a tax write-off which is actually kinda nice. I feel bad for most of them. When I was on Starcruiser before it shut down, it was annoying how many vloggers were shooting all the time, everywhere during the experience. At least they were in costume/character. I am on a dozen vlogs somewhere.

I cannot stand 95% of them as they reek of narcissism. The selfie generation all grown up. With the exception of post-surgery wound photos (one of which was my face), I think I have taken maybe.... zero solo selfies my entire life.

A vlog feels like watching someone's full motion selfie to me.

That said, my inner narcissist is probably a little bit jealous. If I were to do one it would be 95% footage, 5% my face :p

Hypocritically I suppose, I do spend a lot of time watching vlogs for somebody who doesn't like vloggers. For various reasons I like Ben & David (they are travel vloggers), David John (narrowboat vlogger) and some woman named Emma something-or-other (cruise ship vlogger). They don't seem all that into themselves and the footage is not all just of their face.
I don't watch or consume any type of vlogger/blogger media...for the reasons you mentioned.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Vloggers are not “suffering”

Some are real experts and have been around for a long time (predating the “medium”)…some have come up with ingenious angles.

Most are tools either not wanting to work in the real world or trying to profit off amusement parks

When you vlog in the birthing suite…you’re off the reservation

More Power to them all…but I don’t pull punches

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

I enjoy Paging Mr. Morrow, usually. He seems to be pretty appreciative of what he gets and has a genuine enthusiasm, and he is honest about who he is, warts and all. That said, I would probably be pis sed off if I was spending several hundred dollars to eat at the California Grill and had to sit near his table with him cooing over his food and talking to himself. I can see a future where Disney does not allow any videoing on a phone at some restaurants or at least no tripod setups etc.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The only hard part for an influencer is to be entertaining every single stream/video. Pointing a camera and going hey how ya doing isn't hard work at all.

DisneyHead123

The only hard part for an influencer is to be entertaining every single stream/video. Pointing a camera and going hey how ya doing isn't hard work at all.
I think at a minimum they have to do quite a bit of editing, which is certainly time consuming, although not “hard” in the sense that it’s not paving roads in the hot sun. And some of the more ambitious channels - DFB and Mammoth Club for example - put up content all over the place (online guidebooks, Discord channels, podcasts, etc.)

I guess I’m a little sympathetic because I think of how frigging time consuming and boring putting together a single PowerPoint presentation can be. The process of thinking up good material and the detail work of actually making it. Doing that for hours and hours a day wouldn’t be tons of fun I imagine (although again, it’s not exactly doing construction in the hot sun either.)

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They all start out with basically good intentions. Then with a few thousand subs they morph from a good informational source to a channel about “me, me, me.”

I can’t think of one exception to that. It’s where they all end up.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I think at a minimum they have to do quite a bit of editing, which is certainly time consuming, although not “hard” in the sense that it’s not paving roads in the hot sun. And some of the more ambitious channels - DFB and Mammoth Club for example - put up content all over the place (online guidebooks, Discord channels, podcasts, etc.)

I guess I’m a little sympathetic because I think of how frigging time consuming and boring putting together a single PowerPoint presentation can be. The process of thinking up good material and the detail work of actually making it. Doing that for hours and hours a day wouldn’t be tons of fun I imagine (although again, it’s not exactly doing construction in the hot sun either.)

There's usually little to no editing with live streams though. The only time they really have to edit is if they're putting together an actual vlog.

bwr827

They all start out with basically good intentions. Then with a few thousand subs they morph from a good informational source to a channel about “me, me, me.”

I can’t think of one exception to that. It’s where they all end up.
I have zero connection to them, or any Disney influencers, but I don’t find DFB like that at all.

DisneyHead123

There's usually little to no editing with live streams though. The only time they really have to edit is if they're putting together an actual vlog.
Maybe I’m confusing “YouTube Channel” with “vlogger”. I use them kind of interchangeably but I guess there’s a difference?

Daggone kids with your daggone modern lingo. 😂

DisneyHead123

DFB is a part of a larger organization. A lot of clickbait titles and a lot of repackaging of information.

To each their own, and there’s nothing wrong with liking particular vloggers, but DFB really isn’t my cup of tea.
I think one of their strong points is that their rate of output is astounding. If I want something to have on in the background so that I can get my daily Disney fix and it’s a slow day on Disney YouTube, they pretty much always have a new video out. I feel like they’re light and fluffy and fun - kinda the Hallmark movie channel of Disney YouTube.

MissingDisney

I do have a couple TikTok live accounts I watch because just seeing the sunshine and happiness I see in people’s faces while enjoying the parks makes me happy while dredging through the work day. These streamers don’t show their faces much at all. Just streaming what’s in front of them. But, the constant talking gets on my last nerve. So I watch with no sound unless it’s a show. 😃

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Vloggers are not “suffering” - No but we are

Some are real experts and have been around for a long time (predating the “medium”)…some have come up with ingenious angles. Like sneaking into an abandoned River Country, a deserted Discovery Island, and swimming across a gator infested lake.

Most are tools either not wanting to work in the real world or trying to profit off amusement parks - See: "Jen Tracker"

When you vlog in the birthing suite…you’re off the reservation - The minute Paging Mr. Morrow does that - I'm gone.

More Power to them all…but I don’t pull punches. If it were only that simple

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
IMG_6006.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DFB is a part of a larger organization. A lot of clickbait titles and a lot of repackaging of information.

To each their own, and there’s nothing wrong with liking particular vloggers, but DFB really isn’t my cup of tea.

DFB is one of the least click-bait Disney sites I have seen. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Disney Dining which is ITM level click bait?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom