Behind the Magic Sunday on HGTV

Big Cheese

but those who think they need to make inappropriate comments directed towards any individual should really reconsidering posting such things because its simply rude & very uncalled for since it has nothing to do directly with the special.

What in the world are you talking about?! Your essentially saying the host isn't directly related to the show? HUH?:shrug:

Any host makes or breaks a show and this fruitcake destroyed the show with his conceited, self indulging, self centered, look at me, I'm hosting a Disney Special, can't stop babbling about myself and my decorating ideas spiel.:mad:

TimNRA757

What in the world are you talking about?! Your essentially saying the host isn't directly related to the show? HUH?:shrug:

Any host makes or breaks a show and this fruitcake destroyed the show with his conceited, self indulging, self centered, look at me, I'm hosting a Disney Special, can't stop babbling about myself and my decorating ideas spiel.:mad:
highfive.gif

TinkIce

I absolutely LOVED this special. It amazes me how much work and effort is put into the decorating and all in such little time. I almost cried at certain parts too :p It also made me more excited for my trip there on Tuesday :sohappy:

sknydave

uh.. ok.. I don't really have anything to say about that.

BUT, I didn't know the story behind the Osborne family lights..

Uponastar

Wow.
I came on here expecting to see comments about all the interesting elements of the show and instead it's been pretty much nothing more than a bashing of the host. Am I the only one who was thrilled to see all the behind-the-scenes activity related to Christmas at WDW? If this was "rehashed" material, I'd never seen it before. I was fascinated with the warehouse and the sight of all the equipment on Main Street USA. That's certainly something you don't see everyday. I think the show was very well done and should be of interest to any WDW fan...whether they've seen this stuff before or not. Finally, while I can understand that David Bromstad's enthusiasm doesn't appeal to everyone, I think it fit the theme of the show nicely. JMO
Well done, HGTV!

heartodisney

I thought that the show was fine..at times distracting..but fine..parts of the show made me realize how much I missed when last time my wife and I were there for Christmas..we missed the lighting of the castle..that will be a must do next time! I have seen many of the displays made, but really need to see the one now made in Beach and Yacht Club! Very nice how they did talk to the chefs and other workers. Great also how some things were explained..but a question was asked where things would be stored that were not Christmas items and the lady did not answer this, just that storage boxes taken back for next nights work with other items. Now, I know that they are taken back to storage, but she kinda deflected the answer! :rolleyes: I have grown up in Little Rock and have seen the displays the the Osbornes' homes...very nice, but it was a TRAFFIC NIGHTMARE! I am very glad that it was taken to Disney so more people could enjoy and have seen this grow even larger. There was some video from there home display due to being able to see traffic going by. It is too bad they could not have had some interviews with Jennings on this subject. I know that there has been some "diversity" on the host of the program..but..a bad Disney show is better than none! :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I flipped to it, watched 10 minutes of re-hashed stuff that I already knew accompanied by an asinine host wearing a tie that should have last seen the light of day when Flock of Seagulls was on the charts, and turned off the TV and went and read the paper (and then watched Family Guy & American Dad)

-dave

Which was hysterical, albeit gory, last night. :D

Phonedave

Wow.
I came on here expecting to see comments about all the interesting elements of the show and instead it's been pretty much nothing more than a bashing of the host. Am I the only one who was thrilled to see all the behind-the-scenes activity related to Christmas at WDW? If this was "rehashed" material, I'd never seen it before. I was fascinated with the warehouse and the sight of all the equipment on Main Street USA. That's certainly something you don't see everyday. I think the show was very well done and should be of interest to any WDW fan...whether they've seen this stuff before or not. Finally, while I can understand that David Bromstad's enthusiasm doesn't appeal to everyone, I think it fit the theme of the show nicely. JMO
Well done, HGTV!

I didn't find the material all that interesting. In my opinion (and to my tastes) it was very glossed over. I would rather see more in-depth details as opposed to breif snippets of fact with no meat.

For example, the segment on the castle lighting. They mention that there are 500+ different circuits for the lights, so they can sequence them as they need to in order to create the effects. Then they switch to the host saying how amazing it is and how stunned it is. Then they show another shot of the castle with the host voicing over about how the castle can be washed in color from LED spotlights, including colors not visible to the human eye. Then they go to commerical.

That does not appeal to me.

1) It's pretty clear that the lights are on different circuits. How about some detals into the switching packs, what sort of sequencer are they using, how much power do they draw, how many lighting programs are there?

2) I know about the LED spotlights, and I hazard a guess that just about anybody who is a more than casual fan of WDW is aware of them as well. However I do not know in-depth details. What sort of current do they draw and how are they controlled. If they can indeed transmit non-visible light - why? and how is it used ? (I have a sneaky feeling that it's just like a lightbulb - infra-red, and not on purpose)

Again, it's just my opinions and my tastes, but I would like to see a special with less oohs and ahhs and hosts getting all choked up over how magical it is. I would like to see a special that gets into the real down and dirty backstage details. Showing horticulture or staging setting up in the streets is nothing new. There are dozens of shows that have done that.

Instead of a re-hash of the ingredient list that makes up the Gingerbread house in the GF (Which we have all heard a dozen times) how about some details on the kitchens - and not just "over a dozen ovens" - real details.

Eh, I keep hoping for a show like that, and I keep getting disappointed.

-dave

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't find the material all that interesting. In my opinion (and to my tastes) it was very glossed over. I would rather see more in-depth details as opposed to breif snippets of fact with no meat.

For example, the segment on the castle lighting. They mention that there are 500+ different circuits for the lights, so they can sequence them as they need to in order to create the effects. Then they switch to the host saying how amazing it is and how stunned it is. Then they show another shot of the castle with the host voicing over about how the castle can be washed in color from LED spotlights, including colors not visible to the human eye. Then they go to commerical.

1) It's pretty clear that the lights are on different circuits. How about some detals into the switching packs, what sort of sequencer are they using, how much power do they draw, how many lighting programs are there?

2) I know about the LED spotlights, and I hazard a guess that just about anybody who is a more than casual fan of WDW is aware of them as well. However I do not know in-depth details. What sort of current do they draw and how are they controlled. If they can indeed transmit non-visible light - why? and how is it used ? (I have a sneaky feeling that it's just like a lightbulb - infra-red, and not on purpose)

Again, it's just my opinions and my tastes, but I would like to see a special with less oohs and ahhs and hosts getting all choked up over how magical it is. I would like to see a special that gets into the real down and dirty backstage details. Showing horticulture or staging setting up in the streets is nothing new. There are dozens of shows that have done that.

Instead of a re-hash of the ingredient list that makes up the Gingerbread house in the GF (Which we have all heard a dozen times) how about some details on the kitchens - and not just "over a dozen ovens" - real details.

-dave

Agreed. I think that part of the problem is that we know too much, because we are fans, and always connected to the Disney "World" (Heh.)

For others, I guess that something like this is informative and "new".

Uponastar

-dave

I can agree that for true WDW fans, a more in-depth look would be appreciated. But remember, this was HGTV...a decorating channel. Perhaps the non-Disney people who watch the station wouldn't be as interested in the technical end of things and maybe the station was trying to appeal to that broader audience. I don't know.
Maybe someday Disney will grant your wish and give us a better look. I'm all for that. A series on the Disney Channel that focuses on all aspects of Disney technology would be amazing.

heartodisney

I can agree that for true WDW fans, a more in-depth look would be appreciated. But remember, this was HGTV...a decorating channel. Perhaps the non-Disney people who watch the station wouldn't be as interested in the technical end of things and maybe the station was trying to appeal to that broader audience. I don't know.
Maybe someday Disney will grant your wish and give us a better look. I'm all for that. A series on the Disney Channel that focuses on all aspects of Disney technology would be amazing.
Whoa Dot! :eek: This is a GREAT idea! A channel that could focus on the parks could be a great thing..with all the different parks around the world..archives of past things..and construction of so much..it is something that is to be considered! Wow..shows could be dedicated to one ride..or people that have been in Disney..it is endless! :sohappy:

DisneyLeo18

Well glad I wasn't the only one who got sick of the host after 5 minutes.

Although I did love the show. Got me very excited and in the mood for my trip in a few days.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom