Behind the Magic Sunday on HGTV

DisneyCanadian

I didn't get a chance to watch it:mad: I searched for it, but I think HGTV has different scheduling in Canada than the U.S.

Was not a happy camper Sunday night!

Tiggerfanatic

Count me in as one who was not impressed with this special, either. It should have been named "Look at Me, I'm David Bromstead (and I just happen to be standing on Main Street @ 3AM).

kapeman

Oh I realize that they have to play to their audience, and I have no problem with that.

It's just that when they program to that audience, they loose me.

-dave

I agree and have run up against this issue with many topics that I find interesting.

Most TV documentaries/educational shows have to try and reach the largest audience which means they have to be entry or beginner level.

When you get past that level most of the shows tend to loose the more informed audience (which is us).

I would have liked to see more footage of the various resort's decorations.

Also not a fan of the host.

And why should exposure to his regular show affect my opinion of his work on this one?

mcjaco

I thought it was a very odd special. Yeah, I thought the host was distracting, but that wasn't the only problem.

The pacing and flow were really weird. They lingered on some things for quite a while, while other bits flew right on past. I really didn't need to see 10 minutes of the endless rows of trees in storage, but I really wanted more about the castle decorations. Instead of wasting time giving us a gingerbread recipe, how about a little more about all of the resorts, instead of just three?

I didn't think the show was bad, but I had the same thoughts. The flow seemed all over the place. It was slow and then they do hyperactive cuts for a three minute segment. Your eyes couldn't process what was being shown before it was gone.

I loved the host. I love his show that he has on HGTV so I might be biased. He used to work for Disney as an illustrator.

There goes the argument about him faking enthusiasm, he's always let everyone know he loves Disney. Anyone who watches HGTV regularly knows Bromstad is a little over the top in everything he does. EXCEPT that it's geniune. I didn't find him at all distracting from the show, I found the content less than adequate which just made you focus on him.

Count me in as one who was not impressed with this special, either. It should have been named "Look at Me, I'm David Bromstead (and I just happen to be standing on Main Street @ 3AM).

See above.

Raven66

I'm going to bump this thread!

I'm watching this special right now and I am really enjoying it. The host is nice to look at:D. His voice is a little distracting, it's kind of monotone. Makes me a little sleepy! But I love that he is so excited, you can tell my his face that he's happy just not his voice. haha I would definately watch this one again.

RSoxNo1

Sorry you feel that way but I don't buy into the whole "born that way" theory and I am entitled to my beliefs!

Yeah, this is going to get ugly real quick. I do appreciate you voicing your "beliefs" in a civil manner.

Forgive the obscure reference, but I'm going to reference a line from the Kevin Smith movie Dogma when Chris Rock said, "It's better to have [religious] ideas than it is to have religious beliefs. Changing an idea is easy, changing a belief is trickier."

I'm not expecting you to change your beliefs, however misguided or ignorant I seem to think they are. I would actually say that of the people that are arguing against you on here, I would be one of the least likely people to do so. I'm fairly intolerant of people that don't assimilate, but telling someone to "act like a man" seems a bit ridiculous.

Now forgive me I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you're dancing around that the host of this show's sexual orientation.

The host's personality seemed to match that of someone that is homosexual. Is the request on your end for the host to act "less homosexual" and more like a heterosexual male?

87 GN

Just check the HGTV site they will be re-airing the special on December 24, 2009 @ 4:00 PM e/p & December 25, 2009 @ [FONT=&quot]8:00 PM e/p [/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom