Bed Bugs

a2zdisney

Hi Everyone! With all the news lately about Bed Bugs, does anyone out there know how WDW is handling the matter? I'm a huge WDW fan. My family takes an annual trip there every year and hate to even think about this. I know with the amount of visitors it's bound to happen. I'm just wondering what is being done on property. Thanks!!

wannabeBelle

It happens more often than you think. Only once have we found signs of them in a Disney Resort and thankfully I had inspected the room before moving in. It only takes a minute for peace of mind

I agree!!! I have done the inspection that was posted before and need to remember to do it each and everytime. Thnakfully I havent ever had a problem at Disney, but with the infestations happening more frequently around the country, it doesnt hurt to be safe. Marie

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I read the reports on the registry and it's all people saying they found them, and bites, etc. but no sort of confirmation from the hotel or department of health (or wherever). So I looked at the "About" page on the website and it states:

"Because our bedbug reports come directly from users, we can't guarantee their accuracy."

I am certainly not disputing that this happens - just noting to take those reports with a grain of salt. I mean - there are roughly 24,000 rooms at Disney and 20 reported incidents.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

Bedbugs are everywhere. From 1 star to 5 star resorts. Why do people think Disney is immune to nature? Your room is as clean as the last guest who stayed there.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Worrying about all the "what ifs" kinda puts a damper on the fun and anticipation. I go to Disney with absolutely no worries. Simplistic, naïve, maybe, but I'm happy:)

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Hi Everyone! With all the news lately about Bed Bugs, does anyone out there know how WDW is handling the matter? I'm a huge WDW fan. My family takes an annual trip there every year and hate to even think about this. I know with the amount of visitors it's bound to happen. I'm just wondering what is being done on property. Thanks!!

Not to worry, I know what you are wondering and am happy to tell you there is NO EXTRA CHARGE for any and all bedbugs that may tag along to your hotel stay. :wave:

Upvote 0

sup8898

I sent Disney and e-mail earlier this week asking about bed bugs and this was there response...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

The Walt Disney World Resort takes extensive measures to ensure that our
guests are comfortable and safe during their stay at one of our 22
resorts.

As you know, no hotel is immune to the “traveling bug.†We have an
extensive and aggressive pest management program in place for all types
of insects including bed bugs with trained entomologists on staff to
identify emerging trends and to develop mitigation plans.

We have housekeepers in our hotel rooms daily that are trained to
recognize the signs of bed bugs and notify appropriate leadership. When
identified, they immediately turn the room over to pest management to
investigate and remedy the situation.

Additionally, Disney’s Pest Management Department works with national
and international researchers and institutions to discover and implement
safe and effective applications and techniques.

We look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort and hope
that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Bano Carlos
WDW Online Communications

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Of course that's a carefully thought out response where at least 15 people gathered in a room with legal involved...however...it DID make me feel better (and magical!) :) Bottom line is there's no end all cure - but they do the best they can. And I truly believe that Disney - more than any other resort or hotel out there - really DOES do the best that ANYONE can.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom